• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew stadium talks with Anaheim after striking out in Tustin

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not true you could do so much more than a stadium on that land hell even if you didn't sell the land to Disney. Apartments mix used condos shopping they have the music venue city business centers high rise towers etc etc etc

They've said that for decades. The music venue has gone through multiple failures...they've finally gotten some development going on in the surrounding area...the ARTIC station was a boondoggle and remains pretty much empty and the area east of the pond hasn't led to any magical redevelopment in the surrounding areas either.

Just now, gotbeer said:

Well, for a $1 billion stadium.  Over 30 years.  Straight line, no interest rate.  Would be about 33 million a year.  At 3 million fans.  It would be about a $10 bump in ticket prices.  Of course in deals like this, nothing is straight or free.  Especially the number of fans.  I'd say go 2 million fans, at a $16.50 price.  So the $10 tickets would be $26.50.  It would still be doable, especially if you spread the cost around a bit, maybe as a %, so that the better seats gets a bigger surcharge.

Wow so you think he can get 1 billion dollars for 30 years with no interest rate. What bank is doing that deal?

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

They've said that for decades. The music venue has gone through multiple failures...they've finally gotten some development going on in the surrounding area...the ARTIC station was a boondoggle and remains pretty much empty and the area east of the pond hasn't led to any magical redevelopment in the surrounding areas either.

So you think the city of Anaheim is so smart that giving the Arte 500 plus million will fix their issues. The stadium is already there guys and it's not reinvigorating Anaheim. Sell it to Disney

Nope, feel free to read the entire thing I wrote. I don't agree the city should pay fork over hundreds of millions of dollars, but they should be realistic about the value and their ability to develop the land...I'm saying in this case the two sides need each other and they should be able to work out a deal that works for them both.

Just now, red321 said:

Nope, feel free to read the entire thing I wrote. I don't agree the city should pay fork over hundreds of millions of dollars, but they should be realistic about the value and their ability to develop the land...I'm saying in this case the two sides need each other and they should be able to work out a deal that works for them both.

Nah they don't. And because the city of Anaheim isn't a developer they are a government that's moronic. Sell it to a developer or to Disney and watch it grow 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So Kevin you are not ok giving billionaire owners the use of a stadium but you're cool with Disneyland not having to pay taxes on ticket sales?  

The thing is.  Disneyland brings a lot more people to Anaheim, in which those people spend in Anaheim.  While they aren't paying taxes on ticket sales, they do have to make $1 billion in investments.  For instance the newly announced something like 7 thousand car garage they will be building at their own cost.  Or the expansions of Star Wars land or the future Avengers land, at their cost.  And those cars that park in the garage, Anaheim will be getting a taxed piece of that revenue.  Just like hotels, food, merchandise.  So while the city is not getting money on tickets, they still will be getting money on a variety of other ways. 

In Arte's case.  Not only does he want the land for free.  But he wants to city to build him the building. 

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So they sell the land to someone who builds a mall the mall does well until someone builds a better mall.  Then tax revenue goes down.  

How many cities have lost a football and baseball team?  

That LA name used in Orange County is just golden, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Wanna fix our economy you know what you shouldn't be doing is giving 500 million for free to a billionaire owner who has a sports team that is tied emotionally to fans. That benefits economically solely him and provides emotional benefit to the fans. 

Yes, and you could also tax Disney for ticket sales.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The thing is.  Disneyland brings a lot more people to Anaheim, in which those people spend in Anaheim.  While they aren't paying taxes on ticket sales, they do have to make $1 billion in investments.  For instance the newly announced something like 7 thousand car garage they will be building at their own cost.  Or the expansions of Star Wars land or the future Avengers land, at their cost.  And those cars that park in the garage, Anaheim will be getting a taxed piece of that revenue.  Just like hotels, food, merchandise.  So while the city is not getting money on tickets, they still will be getting money on a variety of other ways. 

In Arte's case.  Not only does he want the land for free.  But he wants to city to build him the building. 

I'm pretty sure Arte wants to develop the land around the stadium, I don't think he want the city to develop it.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or instead of telling the owner to fit the bill himself he can pass the cost onto the consumers of his product.  The city could also do this.  

A sizeable percentage of the citizens could not care less about the Angels.  They shouldn't foot the bill for Angels' fans benefit.

Just now, Stradling said:

Yes, and you could also tax Disney for ticket sales.  

Where did I say you couldn't ? So you'd rather have the city give Arte a blank check to build his stadium than have Disney not be taxed on ticket sales? Let's do an economic break down what benefits the city of Anaheim more? Let's play hypotheticals if Disney left or if Angels left which would have a greater economic impact

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm pretty sure Arte wants to develop the land around the stadium, I don't think he want the city to develop it.  

He wants he land for free and he wants he city to foot the bill for a 500 plus hundred million dollar stadium  fuck him. Where do you live?

Just now, yk9001 said:

A sizeable percentage of the citizens could not care less about the Angels.  They shouldn't foot the bill for Angels' fans benefit.

I was referring to having the fans who attend the games help pay for it.  I chose my words poorly.  

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Where did I say you couldn't ? So you'd rather have the city give Arte a blank check to build his stadium than have Disney not be taxed on ticket sales? Let's do an economic break down what benefits the city of Anaheim more? Let's play hypotheticals if Disney left or if Angels left which would have a greater economic impact

My point is being consistent.  You are up in arms on giving billionaires stadiums, but you aren't up in arms about one of the largest companies in the world not paying ticket tax.  

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If it's possible that would be great.  But to make them wider at Angel Stadium aren't we mostly talking about the 400 level?  Can't really do that there can you?  It's not as simple as removing seats.  The field level seems possible by making it wider going away from the field.  300 level is wide enough because it has fewer seats. 200 section isn't crazy crowded.  I'm not great as conceptualizing something like this.  

I would think they could remove the back 2 rows of seating from the 400 level, and just bring the flooring up even with the walkway without too much retrofitting.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My point is being consistent.  You are up in arms on giving billionaires stadiums, but you aren't up in arms about one of the largest companies in the world not paying ticket tax.  

This isn't the argument and like I know disneys inner workings? Is this a fucking Disney message board? Why would I know Disney doesn't pay taxes on their sales tickets?