• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels renew stadium talks with Anaheim after striking out in Tustin

Ultimately, I just want the Angeks to have a venue we can be proud of. Petco Park and AT&T Park both have unique architecture, great seating and family friendly activities in and around the park during pre game. They've also got some unique venders that add to the flavor of the area.

I'd like to see the Angels keep the parking lot as is for the most part, but widen concourses, and design  an OF that is uniquely Orange County. Fix the awful plumbing situation, restructure some of the seating, slap a new paint job on it and call it good. Basically, no more cookie cutter stadium.

On August 12, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Stradling said:

I hate them both but for different reasons.  In popularity we've always been Knotts and they've always been Disneyland.  As far as being fans, Dodger fans are MUCH more like the people who go to Knotts.  

Even more like the cholos at Magic Mountain. 

On August 12, 2016 at 8:43 AM, gotbeer said:

just think of it this way Strad. 

You have a baseball stadium with zero revenue for the city.  Of you build a 1000 unit, mixed used development project (on 155 acres, that's probably on the very low side).  You sell each unit for $200,000.  (again, probably on the low side)  So that is $200,000,000.  City gets it's sales tax revenue of say 1%.  So that's immediately $2 million.  On top of that, they collect 1% annually (not sure what the property tax rate is in Anaheim) of $2 million annually.  The sales tax revenue of the mixed units might be a wash with what the baseball stadium currently brings.  But i'd still think the mixed use will bring in more since they will be in operations 365 days vs 81 days of stadium revenue.

That would probably be the low end revenue potential of the land. 

The other option is they get zero, and are asked to pay $300-600 million to build a new stadium. 

who's going to be rushing to buy the 1,000 units? 

12 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Don't know if you know but Orange County is about 95-98 percent occupied in rental properties. You think there's a lack of people looking for homes in Orange County? 

And they keep building them and keep occupying them while the infrastructure of travel and amenities can not keep up.

The population growth and lack of preparation LA and OC has for it is asinine, to say the least.

15 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Don't know if you know but Orange County is about 95-98 percent occupied in rental properties. You think there's a lack of people looking for homes in Orange County? 

" Of you build a 1000 unit, mixed used development project (on 155 acres, that's probably on the very low side).  You sell each unit for $200,000.  (again, probably on the low side)  So that is $200,000,000." -gotbeer 

Thanks, but nobody was discussing rentals.

Sooooo, gotbeer, how easy would they be to sell? How did sales go on the Stadium Lofts? (honest questions)

20 minutes ago, Lou said:

" Of you build a 1000 unit, mixed used development project (on 155 acres, that's probably on the very low side).  You sell each unit for $200,000.  (again, probably on the low side)  So that is $200,000,000." -gotbeer 

Sooooo, gotbeer, how easy would they be to sell? How did sales go on the Stadium Lofts? (honest questions)

Government subsidized section 8 housing.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Even if those sales were down, if you created a center there with night life mixed use shopping think Irvine spectrum times 2 or 3 the sales would be better instead of well were right next to a stadium that's only used 81 days out of the year 

There's really not a shortage of residents to rent or buy in Orange County. Irvine company continues to build massive apartment structures in Irvine. Look at even north Irvine Costa Mesa area the newer high rise condos. There's really not any night life even there just a bunch of business areas and you have town homes and high rise condos selling upwards of 2 or 3 million dollars each. If you created a huge mixed use area where Angels Stadium sits it would be a home run :)

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

There's really not a shortage of residents to rent or buy in Orange County. Irvine company continues to build massive apartment structures in Irvine. Look at even north Irvine Costa Mesa area the newer high rise condos. There's really not any night life even there just a bunch of business areas and you have town homes and high rise condos selling upwards of 2 or 3 million dollars each. If you created a huge mixed use area where Angels Stadium sits it would be a home run :)

Nah, it would fall just short. Marine Layer.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

In case you don't know.  Even for rentals, usually someone buys first. 

As for Stadium Lofts.  Just a quick google search, and according to one agent, no units are currently available for sale.

And according to Zillow, the median home price for Anaheim is currently at $563,000.  So I still don't think that at $200,000, units would sit around long. 

Unless you would like to contribute any kind of data to say otherwise.

On August 12, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Stradling said:

Claude you complain more about this than anyone, you have more knowledge on this than anyone on here.  Have you given a thought to what a realistic resolution would look like?  

@CALZONE I'm still waiting to hear what you think a realistic agreement would look like.  We know there will be concessions on both sides.  As someone who is knowledgable and passionate about this, what does an agreement look like?

Well no I don't Nate, but I also think there's a middle ground that can be reached.  I get that Disneyland runs the town and reinvests like no other, but the city bends over for them like no other.  What's Disney going to do if the city decides to tax them on ticket sales, move the theme park?  Of course not.  I know we can't prove what a baseball team does for the local economy but I know what the sales looks like at my locations when they are in town versus not in town and it's a pretty big jump.