• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justice Antonin Scalia

Tank

they might be rejoicing but I think its far from clear whether or not they'll be able to get Obama's choice through the senate before the next president is sworn in.  Ted Cruz is already-per always- calling for the senate to obstruct any nomination he makes.  Does anyone know if theres any sort of limit on how long the process can be drawn out ?

Yeah, these appointments seem to take a while but it's still 11 months from now before the next regime. In Cruz's defense, if I were a republican in congress I'd try block it as long as the could too.

yea, it of course makes sense from the Republicans POV.  Just kind of funny that that tactic just seems to be his go to move.  Last time this happened (sitting justice died) during W's tenure they got it done in less then a month.  The dynamic now is of course quite a bit different.

What the hell are you talking about?  This thread is about Scalia dying. 

I know. I was riffing off the idea of the Republicans delaying a new appointment, referring to the story in which Republicans are allegedly asking Iran to delay the release of prisoners of war until after the election, seemingly in hopes that if they somehow manage to win the presidency then can take credit.

But yeah, Scalia. What a guy. Have a good afterlife...you won't be missed.

I know. I was riffing off the idea of the Republicans delaying a new appointment, referring to the story in which Republicans are allegedly asking Iran to delay the release of prisoners of war until after the election, seemingly in hopes that if they somehow manage to win the presidency then can take credit.

But yeah, Scalia. What a guy. Have a good afterlife...you won't be missed.

Don't you realize the delay of Supreme Court appointments under these circumstances would be no different than if the opposite parties had control? 

You spend so much effort trying to find everything partisan in nature when both sides are practically identical in strategy. 

Don't you realize the delay of Supreme Court appointments under these circumstances would be no different than if the opposite parties had control?

You spend so much effort trying to find everything partisan in nature when both sides are practically identical in strategy.

So it's okay if they do it then?

11 months would be ridiculous.

Weaksauce. "Everyone does it, so what's the problem?"

And while I agree with you that both sides play dirty politics, it does seem to me that Republicans generally play dirtier.

Which is why I feel like I'll be voting Republican if I have to vote for Hillary in November.