• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justice Antonin Scalia

Tank

I took Constitutional Law in law school, as Phil did, I'm sure. I read a lot of Supreme Court decisions. A LOT.

The one constant amongst Scalia's opinions was that he was just an asshole. He used strict constructionism as his excuse to be a prick. He had a political agenda like everyone else and acted high and mighty like his racist, sexist, 95% pro-conservative opinions were based on the Constitution and there wasn't anything he could do about it, that's what the Constitution said. He was full of shit and a douchebag about much of the time.

When Rubio said in this last debate "the Constitution is not a living, breathing document, it needs to be interpreted as it was written" I blew milk (beer) out of my nose.

Dude, if it wasn't a changeable document then black people would be worth 3/5 of a person. Your precious 2nd amendment (an amendment, literally, something added or changed) would not be included, and your small Latino dick issues wouldn't be something that gun ownership could put a band-aid on.

So, goodbye Scalia. If you didn't want people to see the positive things your death might bring, you could've done things differently in life. So, bye.

I suspected most of this. Dude always came across as a smug asshole.

But yeah, RIP. He had a bunch of kids.

Why is it that when somebody dies we're expected to just forget all the bad shit they did?

Seriously, when I die say whatever you want about me. I'll be dead. I won't care and I won't bring vengeance from beyond the grave. Whatever family I have left behind will be able to endure.

I hope you don't break a leg when you fall off your high horse.

Piss off.  This is what pisses me off about libs.  They act all like they are all about inclusion.  However, the anger they display toward someone who politically opposes them is disgusting.  

This isn't a guy who was a criminal.  He served his position to the best of his ability.  He just disagreed with you.  You folks dance on the graves of those who oppose you.

Has it ever dawned on you that you are as close-minded, partisan, and politically stubborn and self-righteous as the people on the right you so despise (for those exact same traits)?

Holy butthurt, Batman.

Some of you are truly disgusting.

Honestly, I expected it from a guy like AJ who cannot hide his hatred from all things that don't agree with him.

All you guys suck.

I love how you manage to include me in your vitriol, mt. Like clockwork.

And I don't hate all things that don't agree with me. That is ridiculous. I actually don't "hate" many things. Dislike is a more accurate word when it comes to folks like Scalia who inflict their views on others.

I hope you don't break a leg when you fall off your high horse.

Piss off.  This is what pisses me off about libs.  They act all like they are all about inclusion.  However, the anger they display toward someone who politically opposes them is disgusting.  

This isn't a guy who was a criminal.  He served his position to the best of his ability.  He just disagreed with you.  You folks dance on the graves of those who oppose you.

Man, you just love to point the finger, don't you?

Again, it isn't about disagreement. I don't have a problem with disagreement. What I have a problem with is people enforcing their morality and religion on others.

Holy butthurt, Batman.

I love how you manage to include me in your vitriol, mt. Like clockwork.

And I don't hate all things that don't agree with me. That is ridiculous. I actually don't "hate" many things. Dislike is a more accurate word when it comes to folks like Scalia who inflict their views on others.

Man, you just love to point the finger, don't you?

Again, it isn't about disagreement. I don't have a problem with disagreement. What I have a problem with is people enforcing their morality and religion on others.

You were the worst one in the thread aj.  By the way, you wanting health care and free education because you believe its the right thing to do........

that is forcing your morality on others.  Frame it how you want but that is what politics is.  Each viewpoint trying to get theirs to be the prevailing one.

I am curious why so many think Scalia was an asshole. He believed the constitution should be interpreted narrowly, generally giving states (i.e., voters) the right to make their own decisions. He didn't believe in a powerful federal government, and believed people, not 9 unelected judges, should govern themselves. Isn't this consistent with the libertarian viewpoint so many of you proudly claim to follow?

Why is the other point of view necessarily right, and Scalia was wrong/evil?

You were the worst one in the thread aj.  By the way, you wanting health care and free education because you believe its the right thing to do........

that is forcing your morality on others.  Frame it how you want but that is what politics is.  Each viewpoint trying to get theirs to be the prevailing one.

Really, mt? I think you just get rage boners for me. All I said was, "Scalia, you won't be missed."

Anyhow, you continue to make the mistake that my political beliefs are about what I want. They are based upon what I think is best for the country, that is for as many people as possible. Whether or not I'm right is another matter, but they aren't about me - unlike, say, nate. :P

And that isn't quite about morality. Morality is about stating what is right or wrong, not about taxation. I would never say what a person can or cannot do in the privacy of their own homes. I believe in legalization of all drugs, all (consensual) sexual acts.

But yeah, politics is the war of conflicting worldviews and viewpoints. Let's have it.

Jokes:  ok

comments about how it would effect future decisions:  ok

saying that you are glad someone is dead simply because they have a different philosophy than you:  classless.

Again, this is your (faulty) interpretation. I am not saying I'm glad Scalia is dead because he has a different philosophy than me. But I do think his death is good for the country, for reasons others have stated - namely, he was blocking social progress.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Anyhow, you continue to make the mistake that my political beliefs are about what I want. They are based upon what I think is best for the country, that is for as many people as possible. Whether or not I'm right is another matter, but they aren't about me - unlike, say, nate.  :P

And that isn't quite about morality. Morality is about stating what is right or wrong, not about taxation. I would never say what a person can or cannot do in the privacy of their own homes. I believe in legalization of all drugs, all (consensual) sexual acts.

Come on, you don't think those that value social conservatism don't believe that what they believe is good for the country?  Of course it is about morality.  You think its moral that the government takes care of the poor.  You think its moral that women have choice.  You think its moral that gays can marry.

That is your morality.  There is no separation.  Opposite world views, both believe they have the right direction for the country.  But you determine which is morals and which is not?

But yeah, Scalia. What a guy. Have a good afterlife...you won't be missed.

Right, this was just for fun.

mt, you continue to hold me to a harsher standard than everyone else on this board. I don't care, it is kind of amusing in its own way, but my comments about Scalia were far from the worst. You just saw them that way because of your rageboner for me.

And yeah, you can't separate morality - I agree. There is quite a difference, though, between tax legislation and social programs on one hand, and legislating what can and cannot be done in a bedroom.