• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Guns Thread

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a42935/oklahoma-guns/

Oklahoma House decides that training requirements for open carry should be done away with.

Rep. Mike Brown, D-Tahlequah, noted that the state requires people to learn to drive to obtain a driver's license, and asked why a person shouldn't be required to learn how to operate a gun before carrying one in public.

"Because driving is privilege," replied Coody. "The Second Amendment is a constitutional right."

"But what about my safety?" Brown asked. "Doesn't the government have a responsibility to protect me?"

"No," replied Coody.

Well on one hand the government being responsible for safety is the cliff no one wants to drive off but a lethal weapon ownership should require training.

In our family that training was handed down generational based on hunter safety. We are strict about how to store, clean, carry/transport, load and fire and really important how to handle a misfire or jamb.

It is irresponsible to purchase a firearm and not have this knowledge before you even pick it up.

Edited by notti

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a42935/oklahoma-guns/

Oklahoma House decides that training requirements for open carry should be done away with.

Rep. Mike Brown, D-Tahlequah, noted that the state requires people to learn to drive to obtain a driver's license, and asked why a person shouldn't be required to learn how to operate a gun before carrying one in public.

"Because driving is privilege," replied Coody. "The Second Amendment is a constitutional right."

"But what about my safety?" Brown asked. "Doesn't the government have a responsibility to protect me?"

"No," replied Coody.

Wow, how could someone be so right and so wrong at the same time.  Regardless of whether it is a right or not, requiring a safety class is just common sense.

Well on one hand the government being responsible for safety is the cliff no one wants to drive off but a lethal weapon ownership should require training.

In our family that training was handed down generational based on hunter safety. We are strict about how to store, clean, carry/transport, load and fire and really important how to handle a misfire or jamb.

It is irresponsible to purchase a firearm and not have this knowledge before you even pick it up.

i agree with you. the question is who is responsible to provide that training?

i think that gun ownership needs to come with some reasonable demonstrations by the prospective owner that they can exercise that right. i believe there ought to be licensing process to go through to demonstrate such a thing.

i agree with you. the question is who is responsible to provide that training?

i think that gun ownership needs to come with some reasonable demonstrations by the prospective owner that they can exercise that right. i believe there ought to be licensing process to go through to demonstrate such a thing.

Out here the counties offer gun/hunting safety classes.  Just charge for them (reasonably).

That must be a story from The Onion.  We all know that a good guy with a gun taking down a bad guy is a right-wing fantasy. 

If only a good four-year-old with a gun was in the car...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/09/my-4-year-old-gets-jacked-up-to-target-shoot-gun-loving-mom-brags-hours-before-her-little-boy-shoots-her/

"Guns are not for show and they are not for protection. They are for only one thing and you know what that is."--Selina Kyle to Bruce Wayne on Gotham

Isn't that the Degrassi Batman show?