• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Guns Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I have post many times about how I believe in gun ownership but with a responsibility attached to it. There has come a point that the problem with rampant shootings have to be addressed and defused and I'm looking at Chicago is the place this needs to take place and that is a neighborhood sweep and removal of all guns for a 180 day period.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/boy-shot-in-back-by-stray-bullet-after-pleading-in-video-for-end-to-chicago-violence/ar-BBr49xW

The kid does a PSA about curbing gun violence in his neighborhood and gets hit in the back with a stray bullet. But it's not just him, an average of 7 shootings and one homicide per day. Putting in that into perspective, that is almost three times as many US soldiers that died in Afghanistan last year and 9 times more wounded.

It is time to declare military law in Chicago and go house to house, car to car, business to business and collect everything, guns, ammo, clips, everything. Put it all in storage and in 180 days people can claim their legally registered firearms, one at a time. No more 4th of July madness where 55-80 people are shot in a 3 day weekend.

If you can't play nice with your toys you get them taken away.

As a theory that is great but you take away a person's gun rights who has done nothing wrong.

Regardless, Chicago and gang crime in general is a national tragedy that gets almost no coverage.  While SJW's are complaining that somebody made them feel unsafe millions are literally unsafe because nobody gives a crap.

7 shootings and 1 homicide per day, = 365 deaths and 2,555 wounded per year, just in chicago.

i'd say it's time for something drastic.

MT, i know you'll be upset by this, and that's okay, but if a few legal guns are gathered in notti's suggested round up and quarantine for 180 days, i think that's an acceptable cost for trying to protect the innocent and cool down what has become a nightmare situation for so many people.

no idea if this would work, notti, but sometimes something extreme has to be done.

I understand the legal footing isn't there but then again the populace is completely out of control. Under martial law civil rights are suspended. It is usually imposed temporarily when the government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, or provide essential services). Chicago government is incapable of stopping the rampant murder going on, they have failed in all aspects except for keeping body counts.

Being arrested is not the same as temporarily taking away a gun that you don't use. 

However I don't see how taking legal guns off the street solves anything. 

Imagine all the illegal guns they would sweep up at the same time. But that really isn't the focus, the focus is dissarming a populace that is gone insane on a herd level. Add to the sweep is a moratorium on any new gun purchases by anyone with a Chicago home address. Just slam the door on the bullshit, anyone caught carrying goes straight to prison for a 180 day period, no bail.

Not to derail, but this is where "stop and feisk" comes from. I cringe when i hear dipshit politicians like maxine waters ask if lapd is jamming people in beverly hills. Forgetting for a moment that beverly hills is its own city, with its own police department, so obviously lapd wouldnt be there...but whats the street crime rate in beverly hills?

LA is nowhere near as bad as the old days. That said, the south bureau hasnt changed. Santa ana is averaging a shooting a day still, 3 more killed last week. People want it stopped but dont want to support most efforts to stop it.

Tank, to me that is like just arresting everyone in a neighborhood and saying "well if a few innocent people get arrested, no big deal".

Arresting someone vs. confiscating property are not the same to me.

My worry is that people outside the Chicago city limits would bring in more guns and that the city wouldn't really be disarmed.

TORS, what kind of solutions would work there to reduce the amount of guns? Anything Johnny Law can do that isn't being done right now?

Santa Ana is a garden paradise compared to the Chicago shooting gallery. I really enjoyed going to Cubs Stadium but until the city gets it's shit together I won't return.

youd be suprised. Chicago may have more homicides (by whatever percent), but its also 4 times the population. Chicago is like LA, if you stay north along the tourist areas you wont notice the bad element. Cubs games arent bad, but the sox are a stones throw from beirut.

Imagine all the illegal guns they would sweep up at the same time. But that really isn't the focus, the focus is dissarming a populace that is gone insane on a herd level. Add to the sweep is a moratorium on any new gun purchases by anyone with a Chicago home address. Just slam the door on the bullshit, anyone caught carrying goes straight to prison for a 180 day period, no bail.

I don't see how a sweep will get guns owned by thugs off the street.

I thought you guys wanted a solution to gun violence. 180 day ban on firearms in a war zone seems to be reasonable.

I agree, but if this forum has taught me anything it has taught me that I am usually in the minority on such things. I might have been the only one that had no issues with the FBI wanting information from Apple.