• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Bernardino Mass Shooting

Press conference: The wife was firing through the back window of the SUV during the standoff. They ended up firing at least 76 rounds, the police fired almost 400.

Suspects had 1,400 rounds of ammunition in the SUV.

4,400 rounds total found in the home and the SUV.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/02/23/2F00F91600000578-3343309-A_dramatic_police_shootout_is_underway_in_San_Bernardino_this_ev-m-30_1449100477836.jpg

Edited by fan_since79

What's also disturbing is there are witnesses in the neighborhood who said there were about a half-dozen Middle Eastern looking men coming and going at all hours to the apartment and delivering boxes and things in the weeks leading up to the massacre.

I had a bunch of brown people coming and going and delivering boxes this past week.  We call it Thanksgiving.   

What's also disturbing is there are witnesses in the neighborhood who said there were about a half-dozen Middle Eastern looking men coming and going at all hours to the apartment and delivering boxes and things in the weeks leading up to the massacre.

They didn't want to report it for fear of being labeled profilers. Remember "Clock Boy" and the uproar that caused? So the idea of "see something, say something" is now dead.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. Terrified old white men love Clock Boy.

Not trying to derail, and i know some of you are going to disagree, but this is the reason why the Police are aquiring specific equipment. I keep reading this ridiculous argument about the "milatarization" of the police. Its a lame argument people believe just because someone came up with a term.

What is this militarization? SWAT was developed after incidints like the SLA shootout, when it became plainly recognized that the cop with a .38 and a shotgun was at a disadvantage when the other guy has a rifle. Today, a lot of agencies issue rifles to their officers (not all). Its the same AR-15 that anyone whos 18 with a clean record can purchase.

Are cops employing grenades? Rockets? Crew served weapons? Armed vehicles? No. People are up in arms over MRAPs being donated. Thats because bear cats are expensive, and you saw what bear cats are used for yesterday. All it is is a vehicle thats bullet and explosive resistant. Because the person driving it or riding in it has reason to believe someone is going to shoot at him or explode. Nobody is patrolling the city in these...its a piece of equipment you keep in storage until you need it.

Yesterday was a tragedy and people are glued to the story. But this kind of thing happens far more often than anyone thinks, just not on the same scale. The other guy has gotten better armed. Teenagers built the boston marathon bomb. Think it was all that sophisticated? Think barricaded suspects are a rare occurance?

Updated equipment is nothing more than evolving. Most agencies are pushing cops to learn spanish these days. Most are pushing community orientates policing. LAPD is utilizing liason officers to work with OG gangsters to try and mediate violence when it flairs (and its working)....thats all taken from the special forces handbook. Should we do away with that too?

It's like an arms race...we have to militarize our police to keep up with the military style weapons, rounds, bomb making equipment, etc. etc. that people can legally buy..in large part to protect themselves against the militarized police...or shoot up innocent civilians

We are an odd country

I know right?  Then the government threatens to place stricter control on guns, and gun sales go through the roof.

Gun manufacturer's don't do shit. They have a major convention and the NRA. Other than that, you don't see billboards, you don't see commercials, you don't see internet advertisements unless you're googling that shit. They don't need to advertise their products. People are going to buy guns for their own personal safety, interests, hobbies, etc... I can't wait to hear next month how gun sales went through the roof in December. Well Duh, because just like Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, and Columbine, whenever there is a mass shooting...people buy guns for their own peace of mind. I wouldn't call that gun manufacturers targeting people. 

How can you choose not to buy a gun after all these massacres? It's pretty clear that they'll never be banned/restricted in the US. I'm going to drop by my local Walmart and buy a shotgun.

How can you choose not to buy a gun after all these massacres? It's pretty clear that they'll never be banned/restricted in the US. I'm going to drop by my local Walmart and buy a shotgun.

So, when we see that bulge in your pants we'll know your not just happy to see us I guess? Going to be hard walking around with a shotgun 24x7...good luck with that.

I choose not to buy a gun, because I choose not to walk around strapping all the time. I don't even like carrying my keys. Because I'm smart enough to know that the best course of action in a situation like this is to get the **** out of dodge and not pretend to be something I have zero training in...and most likely I'd end up making things worse. I choose not to walk around strapping because what's more likely to occur is that idiot wannabe hero across the room is also strapping, and is more likely to accidentally shoot me because he sees I'm carrying a gun, than be an actual hero and stop a mass shooting.

I also choose not to accept that this is how we should have to live.

So, when we see that bulge in your pants we'll know your not just happy to see us I guess? Going to be hard walking around with a shotgun 24x7...good luck with that.

I choose not to buy a gun, because I choose not to walk around strapping all the time. I don't even like carrying my keys. Because I'm smart enough to know that the best course of action in a situation like this is to get the **** out of dodge and not pretend to be something I have zero training in...and most likely I'd end up making things worse. I choose not to walk around strapping because what's more likely to occur is that idiot wannabe hero across the room is also strapping, and is more likely to accidentally shoot me because he sees I'm carrying a gun, than be an actual hero and stop a mass shooting.

I also choose not to accept that this is how we should have to live.

Good God. That reads like a transcript to a Bill Maher episode. Cool your jets, Chachi. Edited by failos