• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Utley Suspended for Games 3&4

laagamer

I love people that say if it was the Angels we'd all be okay with it like we have some kind of Angel fan boy double standard around hetr. I dont think any of us are a fan of going out there and injuring players unless it would be stupid Arod or annoying ass Kinsler. The point is the Angels for the most part DON'T play that way, they DON'T go out there with the intent to injure players. And ill be honest im not a fan of the instances where Aybar or other players do. If you don't even touch the bag not only should the runner be out, but the batter running to first should be out as well.

Once again I have no problem with taking the guys out if you are actually sliding for and actually going for the bag. This sliding wherever or however late you want isn't aggressive non pussified baseball, it becomes a freaking cheap shot wrestling move. If you can just blatently go for the infielder at 2nd no matter where he's at theres no possible way for them to ever be able to defend themselves.

LOL you know what I've never understood the hate for Jeets. Yeah he basically had all of MLB fondling his nuts throughout his entire career but that's not his fault. The guy came through in the clutch so many times. Was he consistently as great as so many people say and insist? No Way. But the guy was about as humble a player I can remember and he played with class. Having the Yankee advantage on his side definitely didn't make it hard for him either. He's one of the last guys I'd want to see injured like Utley did last night.

Teams and players involved are irrelevant to me.  I'm interested in what is best for baseball.  If I was interested in tackling and players getting injured, I'd be watching the NFL.  The play is unnecessary in baseball and somewhat inconsistent... catchers arent allowed to get crushed for no reason anymore.  

Would that have even been ok in the NFL?  They've been concerned with hits to the lower leg in recent years and changed some rules regarding such incidents.  

Chase Utley was also called safe. That needs to be fixed, too.

Seriously. That made no sense. Chase never even touched 2nd.

THAT is what I have the most issue with. If the guy didn't even try to touch the bag there was clearly an alterior motive. Chase should have been out, the batter should have been out for Utley interference, the Mets should have been out of the inning with the lead.

Instead the Dodgers got rewarded for their classless spineless play.