• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Utley Suspended for Games 3&4

laagamer

That was a great link, thanks.

Check out this one

morgan.gif

I am assuming this is the 1972 World Series (looks like the Reds and A's, there are football llines.

I can't figure out who the Red is.

That's utterly ridiculous. What an asshole. 

I'm guessing he's hopped up on speed? good Lord.

HaloWHAM, Tejada had cleared the base so his was the correct part of the play. Had he stood behind second then a carryover slide by the runner is justified but Utley had to go out of his way, never touched second base and plowed him. This was not a second baseman making a fielding error.

Notti, I think where we differ in opinion is where the runner may slide.  I believe that a runner may slide in front of or on either side of the bag the entire length of his body AS LONG as he is able to touch the bag in the process.  In essence, the runner could log roll toward second base and as long as he can touch the base that is a reasonable and legal sliding radius (and that includes a late slide toward the backside of the base).  This slide was well within that.  Tejada takes the feed on the centerfield side of the bag and attempts to touch the base with his back to the runner, then spins and sets up to throw within 2-3 feet of the base to the outfield side.  That is easily within MY slide radius.  In my opinion, the runner is not obligated to slide directly through the base

Please don't misconstrue my view of the play as an inability to appreciate and/or accept a potential change.  Nor do I want you to misconstrue my apparent support of Utley and the Dogs as representing myself as a Dodgers fan.  Farthest thing from the truth.  I bleed Angels red and have for four decades.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

Check out this one

morgan.gif

I am assuming this is the 1972 World Series (looks like the Reds and A's, there are football llines.

I can't figure out who the Red is.

Might be Dan Dreissen.

That's beyond egregious.

Notti, I think where we differ in opinion is where the runner may slide. I believe that a runner may slide in front of or on either side of the bag the entire length of his body AS LONG as he is able to touch the bag in the process. In essence, the runner could log roll toward second base and as long as he can touch the base that is a reasonable and legal sliding radius (and that includes a late slide toward the backside of the base). This slide was well within that. Tejada takes the feed on the centerfield side of the bag and attempts to touch the base with his back to the runner, then spins and sets up to throw within 2-3 feet of the base to the outfield side. That is easily within MY slide radius. In my opinion, the runner is not obligated to slide directly through the base

He never made any attempt to touch the bag. The runner is required to make an attempt to reach base and not just the base of the second baseman's spine.

He never made any attempt to touch the bag. The runner is required to make an attempt to reach base and not just the base of the second baseman's spine.

If that is true, why did the umpires, after review, bring Utley back out?

Do you know the exact, current rule?

I don't but I'm pretty sure you don't either. It would be pretty big news if the umpires blew it that bad.

Check out this one

morgan.gif

LOL I'm sorry I know this was such a bad take out at 2nd but I found it freaking hilarious. What the hell would you call this?

If Utley comes out not only is the crowd going to be all over his ass but he will probably get plunked.

Did you hear Cities Field last night chanting "We want Utley"?? That was great.

If that is true, why did the umpires, after review, bring Utley back out?

Do you know the exact, current rule?

I don't but I'm pretty sure you don't either. It would be pretty big news if the umpires blew it that bad.

How come the umpires **** up calls all the time, is what you are asking. Mainly because the stupid ****s don't read their own rule book and no teaching a manager does when he comes out of the dugout sticks. 

It really doesn't matter what the call on the field was, the officials at MLB headquarters felt it was warranting a suspension of Utley. They run all of baseball and have that authority to make that call. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

True ... but if he's trying to breakup a potential DP (which he was) he can choose to ignore the rule at his own risk.

Pitchers can intentionally throw at a batter at the own risk ... we see this quite often. You can label it as a dirty play too.

I don't condone hurting a player but in sports it happens quite often. MLB can control if with stiffer penalties.

How come the umpires **** up calls all the time, is what you are asking. Mainly because the stupid ****s don't read their own rule book and no teaching a manager does when he comes out of the dugout sticks. 

It really doesn't matter what the call on the field was, the officials at MLB headquarters felt it was warranting a suspension of Utley. They run all of baseball and have that authority to make that call. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

I get that umps mess up a lot. That's why we have replay. For your theory to be correct, they would have had to mess up the replay.

I don't have a problem with the slide. And I don't have a problem with the suspension.