• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season Over?

Season Over?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Season Over?

• Yes
    • No
    • Turn the page/tip your cap/it's just a fly in the ointment

I know you couldn't wait to post that but it isn't over. Loser post.

Aww don't cry, pitchers and catchers are due to report back in February and everything will be like brand new. Scioscia will be back and Pujols will show up in the best shape of his life to continue chasing down the home run leaders while hitting right behind Mike Trout. I promise you it's going to be exciting!

Edited by CALZONE

My thing is, I haven't expected anything since we fell 7 back in August. It was a nice run here in September, odds are not good that we get in. Not surprised at all. I didn't expect them to keep winning 1 run games up until the World Series. Honestly, I'm looking forward to just getting on with the offseason. Should be an extremely interesting one for us. If we get a few more meaningful games here somehow that would be fun but I'm not gonna be crushed like last year.

Gawd, that Buttercup video was so f'n BAD it made me laugh..

Done... actually it was done in August, but we were "buttercupped" once again into thinking maybe it wasn't killed in that month, but it was just a glimmer of false hope.

I would like us to organize a write in/ email campaign to get rid of buttercup this off-season.

Gawd, it blows. 

I voted that the season is not over.  The Angels can still win the wild card, but it isn't going to be easy.  That is okay, because what this team has accomplished this month hasn't been easy, but they still did it.  Here are some of my thoughts:

1.  The Diamondbacks are playing really good baseball right now.  They aren't the Mariners who are just riding out the season; these guys have been fighting to end the season at .500 and to do that, they need to sweep the Astros.  They have a great offense and decent enough pitching.  Also, the Astros offense will be weakened by the lack of DH.  I think the Diamondbacks win two out of three.

2.  The Twins have to play the Royals who are one of the best teams in the league.  The Royals aren't going to be like the Angels last year and just limp into the playoffs because they are still trying to win home field advantage for the playoffs.  I think the Royals win two out of three.

3.  The next three games come down to a few different things.  First, Weaver has to give the team at least five solid innings.  Weaver has a chip on his shoulder right now.  He knows his season has been poor (especially on the road).  I don't think there is anyone who wants a win more tonight than him.  He needs to step it up.  Second, Trout not getting any hits is unacceptable.  This is the time a MVP steps up and gets the big hits and gets on base.  He needs to remove his head from his butt because last night's performance was unacceptable.  Finally, the bullpen needs to really step up this weekend.  Without them, this team is done.

4.  The best scenario for the Angels is for the Angels to win and Astros lose tonight.  Not only does that put the Angels in a tie with the Astros, it makes it so the Rangers clinch their division and they will rest some of their key players on Saturday and Sunday, which benefits the Angels. 

Edited by VariousCrap