• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto was right about Freese!

bloodbrother

Thank you Jerry!

Jerry kids are coming though !

It sucks though his guy Street got hurt, most likely ruins  the season, but Jerry did his job, to bad he was fired

Why are you giving JD thanks?  If Mike Trout doesnt make that catch then Freese doesn't get a chance to win the game.  

Thanks Tony Reagins!  Your kids keep coming through.   Too bad you were fired.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Some of you are criminally under-rating Freese. The guy has been very solid this year, and when you compare him to the other options, he is probably worth 5 or 6 more wins.

As for re-signing him, absolutely. But I think he gets at least 3/30, maybe even 3/40 on the open market. He won't sign for cheap, like some of you may believe.

I'm for going younger anywhere it is possible. If you are not under contract and under 30, if I am running things you are not back next year.

Next year might be a write off with Houston as young and as good as they are and the Rangers resurgence.

Shouldn't take longer than a year for the Angels to get right back into it with the young pitching staff they are building...and a couple of intelligent trades to fill LF, middle relief, and some bench spots.

But signing Freese back would't be at the top of my list of things to get done.

I'd like to bring Freese back, but I think it's probably more important that we avoid going all Bobby Abreu here. 6 months into he tenor as an Angel he looked like a non-tender candidate and then last year he managed to be adequate. This year, in his walk season he showed a bit more power but he's still been mediocre. Of course Kubitza and Cowert appear to be far from sure bets.