• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room

The fact you keep referring to a transgender woman with usage of the male pronoun "he" says more than enough about ur transphobia.

Just because he wants to call men, "he" doesn't mean that he hates anybody. He could just want to emphasize his position as a biological realist. For example, I want you to call me the smartest person on this board. Say, "Juan Savage, super genius." You refuse. Does that mean that you hate me? 

Just because he wants to call men, "he" doesn't mean that he hates anybody. He could just want to emphasize his position as a biological realist. For example, I want you to call me the smartest person on this board. Say, "Juan Savage, super genius." You refuse. Does that mean that you hate me?

It has nothing to do with hating you, Juan. It's just that I've already been given that nickname and we're trying to avoid any confusion.

Perhaps the fine people @ A'sRarelyWin.com would be more accommodating

Is calling someone "transphobic" (is that even a thing?) supposed to make them feel bad? Like "oh **** I just got called a transphobe I better go rethink my life and watch Tootsie on repeat for 17 hours and possibly sport an erection."

If a bunch of obese lesbians with green hair on tumblr think I'm a transphobic cis-gendered heteronormative scumbag then I honestly won't lose any sleep over it. In fact I'd prefer they feel that way because if they like me as a person than I'm no longer white or my dong fell off. 

If you were born a male, you use the men's bathroom/locker room. You identify as a woman? Great. Continue to use the men's facilities until you get surgery. Would you honestly be fine with a dude using a women's public restroom if there were children there? "No wait it's ok I'm a woman see!" "Oh shit I forgot I still have a dick but I'm a woman on the inside I swear!". 

Hey man, I'm just saying. I don't care how good he is at dress up. Under the skirt is a penis and therefore he needs to go the penis room. Which is the opposite of the girls locker room. Cmon dude, this is really unfair to the girls that have to deal with this. This dude can play dress up to his hearts content at home. Everyone knows what he is, its not a secret. He needs to not be a selfish self centered prick and conform.

Yeah, get it straight.  If you are not a he.  And you are not a she.  You are an it.  Unless you go to some nutso college in the East.  Then you are a ze.

Is calling someone "transphobic" (is that even a thing?) supposed to make them feel bad? Like "oh **** I just got called a transphobe I better go rethink my life and watch Tootsie on repeat for 17 hours and possibly sport an erection."

Leave it to tdawg to boil it down to its very essence. Well done.

The fact you keep referring to a transgender woman with usage of the male pronoun "he" says more than enough about ur transphobia.

Honestly, I don't begrudge the kid his feelings. Have no doubt that I don't have any kind of hate or fear or whatever towards him. I refer to him as a "he" because he IS biologically a male. You can call him a transgender woman or whatever. But you, I have no doubt know...maybe deep down but you know, he's a male. If that doesn't compute for you or it's not PC enough fine, we disagree on that point. I do think it's strange that he thinks/feels the way he does but to be fair I could never understand because I've never had any issue with my gender. I acknowledge that. All the same, it's inappropriate for he or his parents to expect that he be allowed to just use whatever locker room or bathroom makes him feel comfortable. Restrooms/locker rooms are private places ( I can't believe I feel compelled to explain that ) the young man, regardless of how he feels needs to appreciate his biological male reality and conform to social norms regarding a sensitive place like a restroom/locker room. He's a kid, I get it. But he needs to learn that the world does not revolve around his needs. There are no "choice" restrooms. Maybe it has to be hard truth but regardless he needs to figure it out.

Edited by UndertheHalo

If a bunch of obese lesbians with green hair on tumblr think I'm a transphobic cis-gendered heteronormative scumbag then I honestly won't lose any sleep over it. In fact I'd prefer they feel that way because if they like me as a person than I'm no longer white or my dong fell off. 

If you were born a male, you use the men's bathroom/locker room. You identify as a woman? Great. Continue to use the men's facilities until you get surgery. Would you honestly be fine with a dude using a women's public restroom if there were children there? "No wait it's ok I'm a woman see!" "Oh shit I forgot I still have a dick but I'm a woman on the inside I swear!". 

This is the correct attitude, but most people don't like to be called names and don't want the bother of explaining. Eventually, it sticks and then kids (usually, this is spread first in schools and universities) start to think that if you disagree with the dumbest things, you're a hater. It's been very effective. 

Honestly, I don't begrudge the kid his feelings. Have no doubt that I don't have any kind of hate or fear or whatever towards him. I refer to him as a "he" because he IS biologically a male. You can call him a transgender woman or whatever. But you, I have no doubt know...maybe deep down but you know, he's a male. If that doesn't compute for you or it's not PC enough fine, we disagree on that point. I do think it's strange that he thinks/feels the way he does but to be fair I could never understand because I've never had any issue with my gender. I acknowledge that. All the same, it's inappropriate for he or his parents to expect that he be allowed to just use whatever locker room or bathroom makes him feel comfortable. Restrooms/locker rooms are private places ( I can't believe I feel compelled to explain that ) the young man, regardless of how he feels needs to appreciate his biological male reality and conform to social norms regarding a sensitive place like a restroom/locker room. He's a kid, I get it. But he needs to learn that the world does not revolve around his needs. There are no "choice" restrooms. Maybe it has to be hard truth but regardless he needs to figure it out.

Wow. Again you continue on refering to her as 'he'.

What if it was someone that u've known for years that became a transgender woman ? would you continue refering to her as 'he ?

Someday society will look back on people like you like they do with racists who believed african americans should be in seperate schools.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Wow. Again you continue on refering to her as 'he'.

What if it was someone that u've known for years that became a transgender woman ? would you continue refering to her as 'he ?

Someday society will look back on people like you like they do with racists who believed african americans should be in seperate schools.

Yes I would. For instance I could say "Hey remember Jimmy from history class? He had a doctor cut his cock off. What and idoit!"

See how that works?

I get that this makes many people uncomfortable and I don't know the solution, but I think it starts with greater acceptance. Transgender people aren't going away, and even if you see it as crazy or sick or pathological, to a transgender person making the change is very liberating. I've heard many testimonies of transgender people feeling like they were born in the wrong body, and how liberating it was for them when they "made the change." I see no reason why we can't embrace this as a lifestyle choice, even if it isn't for you personally.

That said, if people are uncomfortable with a transgender person in the bathroom, I don't think we can outright castigate them or accuse them of "transphobia." It takes some getting used to. Some colleges have transgender bathrooms. It isn't a complete solution, but it is a start.

On a related note, I heard the other day that as many as 1 in 100 people are born with a body that isn't either male or female, that is "intersex" to some degree. In most cases doctors make the choice as to whether the baby will be male or female. Maybe if this whole process was more open and we were more aware and accepting of biologically intersex people, then we'd also be more open and accepting of transgender people.

More power to Caitlyin Jenner, this kid and all the other transgenders but we're talking about an estimated 0.2-0.3% of the US population.  I realize ignoring it doesn't fix the problems these people face but the media constantly forcing it down the American public's throat isn't the solution either.  Generally once the hash tags, facebook comments and so on die down people move on to the next popular agenda that makes them feel like they're saving the world.  Only this sticks around longer because of a family that constantly whores themselves out for attention.