• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room

I was thinking of starting a fundamentals of Marxism thread. It's something of which I know a fair amount. People don't realize where their ideas come from. Do most people realize that their belief in human dignity unalienable human rights is Judeo-Christian? Probably not. 

Do Judeo-Christian's know this?

Generally, these things go like this:

1. Tolerance. Leave them alone.

2. Acceptance. They're just like you.

3. Superiority. They're better than you. Look at this and that about yourselves.

4. Celebration/ social compliance. Stand up and cheer or you're a hater/can't work here, etc.

5. Compliance. Agree or you're in jail.

I would be in camp #2, which is where we all should be. You do realize that perhaps the reason that that community is celebrating is because they now feel as if they can be themselves and that they have equal rights, you get that don't you?

Oh, ok. I will from now on get my social and political opinions from pop artists, thank you very much for setting me "straight".

You do realize that pop is short for popular. When the argument reached a tipping point, it became popular to declare one in favor of this theory. The theory was well-discussed. But, you probably realize this and are just pretending. 

While I disagree, and I am sure part of why I disagree is because it hits home, I truly value your approach on all things Tank. Glen is right, you respect differences even if you don't agree with them.

thanks, strads. i wish the best for you and your son, and i hope you both find whatever peace you're searching for.

You do realize that pop is short for popular. When the argument reached a tipping point, it became popular to declare one in favor of this theory. The theory was well-discussed. But, you probably realize this and are just pretending.

And you do realize that just perhaps I don't need popular opinion to tell me how to think. Just because I agree with some popular opinions it doesn't mean it is because they are popular, right?

On the original topic.  I'm generally for LGBT rights, but in this case if the girls are uncomfortable with her using the locker room then the school needs to respect their wishes.  They have rights too.

I dont have a problem with people feeling that way, most people aren't ready for them.

For safety reasons too, violence against transgender people is extremely high so its

probally for the best they avoid situations where they could get hurt.

It makes me sad hearing about another story of a transgender woman being killed in an alley somewhere.

Do Judeo-Christian's know this?

No, they don't. They think that that's just the way things are. 

One of the only things I agree with Ayn Rand on is the process by which ideas are disseminated. She said that philosophers come up with things and then the media and arts (if not by force) disseminate the idea until it becomes common wisdom.

In this case, many of the ideas you guys express are thought up in universities and then filtered through popular culture until politicians start legislating based on that ideas assumptions.

On homosexuality. You do realize that the idea that homosexuality is inborn and unchangeable has led the California legislature to ban psychologists from helping people re-orient themselves towards heterosexuality.  

I dont have a problem with people feeling that way, most people aren't ready for them.

For safety reasons too, violence against transgender people is extremely high so its

probally for the best they avoid situations where they could get hurt.

It makes me sad hearing about another story of a transgender woman being killed in an alley somewhere.

this topic really seems to hit close to home for you. 

And you do realize that just perhaps I don't need popular opinion to tell me how to think. Just because I agree with some popular opinions it doesn't mean it is because they are popular, right?

You asked me who propagated this argument. I'm showing that it was a big deal just a few years ago. I'm sure you thought these same things in your youth before it became the hip thing it is now.  B)

You asked me who propagated this argument. I'm showing that it was a big deal just a few years ago. I'm sure you thought these same things in your youth before it became the hip thing it is now. B)

So in the mid 80's being touched like a Virgin was a big deal? So right now, "popping tags" is a big deal?

Im just baffled that MS thinks i'm some kind of 1950's racist because of my comments.  Were they really that nasty ? I mean I referred to a person born as a male as a he.  I don't understand the equivalency.  Even with gays, I dont get the connection.  Oh and to answer the question about a friend or person I know announcing a gender change in order to fulfill their true nature...How would I treat them ? Well, to be honest I'm not sure.  I would have to talk to that person, I think thats fair.  I would do my best to have a generous spirit about it.  Its not the simplest thing to pretend someones identity is completely different.  Ugh.. I hate to use Bruce Jenner as an example, but that man has children  and family and friends.  What about them ? Is it fair to just expect them to just forget about the man that they knew ? I imagine its very painful for them.  So like I said, I don't how I would deal with it.  Fortunately I doubt I will ever have to.

I'm very sorry for that. You hit a nerve, there is someone who I think quite highly of (that I wont name) that is Trans.

I dont care if you think they should Not be allowed in womens restrooms in schools, but we could be more respectable to not call them 'he' in public.

They do have very sensitive feelings.

They are not going out their way to be flamboyant for attention, majority of them are actually just trying to be like the rest of us.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

I'm very sorry for that. You hit a nerve, there is someone who I think quite highly of (that I wont name) that is Trans.

I dont care if you think they should Not be allowed in womens restrooms in schools, but we could be more respectable to not call them 'he' in public.

They do have very sensitive feelings.

They are not going out their way to be flamboyant for attention, majority of them are actually just trying to be like the rest of us.

Well, it would be helpful if we knew all of these rules. I would probably call them a "he" out of sheer ignorance. I had no idea. If I see someone that looks like a guy dressed like a girl, I would instinctively call them a he. Not to be mean, but because that is what I would think they are.

I would be in camp #2, which is where we all should be. You do realize that perhaps the reason that that community is celebrating is because they now feel as if they can be themselves and that they have equal rights, you get that don't you?

I'm between one and two. We should have a general preference for heterosexual relationships in law and custom is wise for a society. Otherwise, you can't say that sex has some purpose besides personal gratification and you confuse children and adults, but especially children. 

For example, I think it's appropriate for Angels managers to focus on opposite sex couples during the kiss cam moments. 

Edited by Juan Savage

So I'm confused.  

Is Lady Gaga really just a skinny Italian dude?

I highly doubt it, if Lady Gaga was transgender we would have found out by now.

That high of a profile she has, someone in the media & investigative reporting would have found out.

If anything a stealth transgender person on tv would be someone under the radar & not known....like a character actress or background actress.

They really want to be able to play characters that are not transgender instead of being stuck playing trans characters like laverne cox & jamie clayton(star of Netflix's Sense8).

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

I'm between one and two. I prefer a general preference for heterosexual relationships in law and custom is wise for a society. Otherwise, you can't say that sex has some purpose besides personal gratification and you confuse children and adults, but especially children.

Confuse children is silly. How bout allowing children that are gay to be able to be gay as opposed to being afraid of being who they are. Also parents should be teaching their kids and not leave it to society. It is a simple conversation to have with your kids.

I highly doubt it, if Lady Gaga was transgender we would have found out by now.

That high of a profile she has, someone in the media & investigative reporting would have found out.

If anything a stealth transgender person on tv would be someone under the radar & not known....like a character actor or background actor.

They really want to be able to play characters that are not transgender instead of being stuck playing trans characters like laverne cox & jamie clayton(star of Netflix's Sense8).

I think it's racist to not let dudes dressed as chicks to play chicks on TV. 

Yes. Madonna was the popular expression of the pro-slut movement we have today that has reached their artistic apotheosis with Miley Cyrus and Nikki Minaj.

Ok, it is Madonna's fault that women are sluts and Gaga's fault that we have gay marriage. Thank you pop artists for all you do!!!

Confuse children is silly. How bout allowing children that are gay to be able to be gay as opposed to being afraid of being who they are. Also parents should be teaching their kids and not leave it to society. It is a simple conversation to have with your kids.

You do realize that many many kids have thoughts that they grow out of. The vast majority of kids who have sexual dysphoria grow out of it, for example. But, you'd limit that response and perhaps have them go through nonreversable surgery that will make them into ugly chicks and dudes and prevent them from ever having children of their own and most likely lead to depression and suicide. Because you're the compassionate dude. 

You do realize that many many kids have thoughts that they grow out of. The vast majority of kids who have sexual dysphoria grow out of it, for example. But, you'd limit that response and perhaps have them go through nonreversable surgery that will make them into ugly chicks and dudes and prevent them from ever having children of their own and most likely lead to depression and suicide. Because you're the compassionate dude.

Sorry but I am talking about homosexuality, not get sex change operations.

Ok, it is Madonna's fault that women are sluts and Gaga's fault that we have gay marriage. Thank you pop artists for all you do!!!

You must be pretending, because I don't think you're that naive. Everybody recognizes that culture helps shape attitudes. If it didn't, there wouldn't be courage awards for showing happy gay people in movies. That's why people go nuts when Barbie says math is hard. That's why they declaim racism in old movies. Yes, Madonna and lady Gaga help disseminate a message to mostly teen girls. 

Well, it would be helpful if we knew all of these rules. I would probably call them a "he" out of sheer ignorance. I had no idea. If I see someone that looks like a guy dressed like a girl, I would instinctively call them a he. Not to be mean, but because that is what I would think they are.

True. If you have good intentions I bet they would understand.

On the other end of things there is one thing people dont know:

Transgender women have no problem finding dates because there is also a type of men that chase after them known as "chasers" who have a trans fetish & only date pre-op transgender women, Trans women try to avoid chasers because chasers are not in love with them at all & 90% of chasers still view them as their birth gender. Sometimes they'll find a partner who is not a chaser but thats hard for them to find.