• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room

You must be pretending, because I don't think you're that naive. Everybody recognizes that culture helps shape attitudes. If it didn't, there wouldn't be courage awards for showing happy gay people in movies. That's why people go nuts when Barbie says math is hard. That's why they declaim racism in old movies. Yes, Madonna and lady Gaga help disseminate a message to mostly teen girls.

If only there was a way to reach out to teens, if they had some sort of mentor a parent type figure in their life, that they lived with, for say, the first 18-20 years of their life, to guide them when they see things in society that might be somewhat risky or not age appropriate.

Well, encouraging homosexuality and homosexual play is not loving children.

NO ONE IS ENCOURAGING HOMOSEXUALITY. I honestly think you are a computer program that Bakunin and MrWicked put together just to troll normal humans. (wicked was only included because he is kinda smart and would probably find this amusing).

Stradling, you've really earned my respect in this thread (not that I didn't respect you before, but you know what I mean).

Juan, Madonna isn't entirely a bad influence on young women. The positive is that she is deciding who she is, choosing her own sexuality. That is a good message for young women: that they don't have to fit into outworn cultural stereotypes, but can choose their own identity. It is a form of empowerment.

Similarly, transgender people are empowering themselves by choosing their own gender identity. And yes, they prefer to be spoken of as their gender of choice, which is what they identify with.

Tank, I hear and respect what you are saying. I don't think you should be forced to believe what you don't believe, or not believe what you do believe. But can you agree that law shouldn't be dictated by a specific moral belief, that it should reflect changing cultural values? Again, believe what you want to believe, but can you by right expect others who don't believe that way to be legally defined according to your beliefs and not theirs? Shouldn't this country be broad in its laws to allow for a diversity of views and lifestyles? So that straight Christian and gay atheist (to name two) can co-exist in harmony?

Edited by Angelsjunky

Well, encouraging homosexuality and homosexual play is not loving children. 

Who is encouraging homosexuality? Is there some kind of gay agenda, in your mind, that wants us all to catch the gay?

It is about accepting homosexuality. And yes, accepting homosexuality is loving towards children - both hetero children, so as to encourage tolerance of different ways of being in the world, and especially to homosexual children, so that they don't feel that who they are is somehow wrong or sinful.

Yeah good point.

Hey, do you have a wiener?

I was thinking along the lines someone would have found a school yearbook photo from her past if she was or original version of a birth certificate.

The surgerys they perform are so perfected that most men wouldnt be able to tell from intercourse, the artificial vagina's usually can get wet also.

German pop singer Kim Petras is publicly known as transgender and most people would never ever guess it if they didn't know who she was.

She had the operations done when she was a kid.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

While I disagree, and I am sure part of why I disagree is because it hits home, I truly value your approach on all things Tank. Glen is right, you respect differences even if you don't agree with them.

I don't agree with some of the stuff Tank said but I do respect his opinion and how he presents it. Tank is aces in my book.

Now where the hell is MT?

Hey, do you have a wiener?

I am male, and yes I have one. Just because one supports the rights of trans people doesn't mean they are one.

I'm a registered Republican and will probally end up voting again for the GOP nominee as the lesser of two evils.

I voted for Bush in 2004, McCain in 08 & Romney in 2012.

Tank, I hear and respect what you are saying. I don't think you should be forced to believe what you don't believe, or not believe what you do believe. But can you agree that law shouldn't be dictated by a specific moral belief, that it should reflect changing cultural values? Again, believe what you want to believe, but can you by right expect others who don't believe that way to be legally defined according to your beliefs and not theirs? Shouldn't this country be broad in its laws to allow for a diversity of views and lifestyles? So that straight Christian and gay atheist (to name two) can co-exist in harmony?

one of the things i like about the constitution is that it's a living document. it's not finished and can be updated where needed/necessary. i see our country's laws in the same light.

the culture changes now and then, sometimes for the better (though not always). i think laws need to be fair for the majority and reflect what we believe at the time they're made. 

i believe in the separation of church and state. so while i think our country should have some kind of moral guidance in creating laws, i don't think it's best to make all of those laws based on one set of Christian beliefs (hope that makes sense).  for instance, while i don't support abortion outside of the life of the mother being at risk or in cases of rape or incest, i don't think this country can overturn roe v. wade at this point because it will cause more harm than good and people will go to extremes to still terminate an unwanted pregnancy just as they did pre-1973. nor would i try to remove all the guns in our society (too many to get rid of) but i'd work like hell to get rid of illegal guns and make sure people with mental health issues don't have access to them. and while i don't support gay marriage, it seemed inevitable that it would become legal throughout the country, especially as we saw one state after another make allowance for it. this was particularly an issue where we've seen a lot of change in society's acceptance of homosexuality, something that would not have even been considered in our grandparents' era. i think our national laws should always work for the greater good of society as a whole. smaller issues can be addressed by states or local legislatures.

i hope i'm answering your question. i think i might have rambled a bit.

I don't agree with some of the stuff Tank said but I do respect his opinion and how he presents it. Tank is aces in my book.

Now where the hell is MT?

yep, you've never had an issue with calling me out. i like your perspective, glen. you challenge me to think once in a while even though i don't always see eye to eye with you.

MT must be getting his fuel tanks filled today . . . if you know what i mean.

You can be nice to people without changing societal fundamentals. You can be nice to overweight people without getting rid of nutrition information in school, military weight standards, and so forth. 

If we could have tweaked a few laws to allow for some homosexual relationships or if kids who have some strange proclivities just agreed to use a special bathroom or whatever, we could have avoided all of this mess and everybody would have been happy. 

As it stands now, we either have to admit that marriage is nothing important or have constant culture war. 

Edited by Juan Savage

I see the abbreviation "LGBT" a lot.

Sort of "all or nothing."  You can't just be ok with L and G, you also have to be ok with B and T.

I'm starting to think LGBT should be LGB because the first 3 letters stand for a sexual orientation & the T stands for a gender identity...

& gender identitys & sexual orientations are not the same at all.

Transgender people also face problems within the LGBT community & alot of LGBT supporters dont support them.

Then there is scenarios like this: A straight guy has a girlfriend thats transgender & everyone thinks he's gay & they label the guy a LGBT person because his girlfriend is transgender.

They should come up with something like TBNA (Transgender, BiGender, Non-Binary & androgynous)

I'm starting to think LGBT should be LGB because the first 3 letters stand for a sexual orientation & the T stands for a gender identity...

& gender identitys & sexual orientations are not the same at all.

Transgender people also face problems within the LGBT community & alot of LGBT supporters dont support them.

Then there is scenarios like this: A straight guy has a girlfriend thats transgender & everyone thinks he's gay & they label the guy a LGBT person because his girlfriend is transgender.

They should come up with something like TBNA (Transgender, BiGender, Non-Binary & androgynous)

While we're at it, get rid of the L. Lesbian and Gay are the same thing.

one of the things i like about the constitution is that it's a living document. it's not finished and can be updated where needed/necessary. i see our country's laws in the same light.

the culture changes now and then, sometimes for the better (though not always). i think laws need to be fair for the majority and reflect what we believe at the time they're made. 

i believe in the separation of church and state. so while i think our country should have some kind of moral guidance in creating laws, i don't think it's best to make all of those laws based on one set of Christian beliefs (hope that makes sense).  for instance, while i don't support abortion outside of the life of the mother being at risk or in cases of rape or incest, i don't think this country can overturn roe v. wade at this point because it will cause more harm than good and people will go to extremes to still terminate an unwanted pregnancy just as they did pre-1973. nor would i try to remove all the guns in our society (too many to get rid of) but i'd work like hell to get rid of illegal guns and make sure people with mental health issues don't have access to them. and while i don't support gay marriage, it seemed inevitable that it would become legal throughout the country, especially as we saw one state after another make allowance for it. this was particularly an issue where we've seen a lot of change in society's acceptance of homosexuality, something that would not have even been considered in our grandparents' era. i think our national laws should always work for the greater good of society as a whole. smaller issues can be addressed by states or local legislatures.

i hope i'm answering your question. i think i might have rambled a bit.

Yes, thanks - and I really like where you're coming from and wish more people - Christian and non-Christian - held a similar attitude.

I agree with most of what you say, although we differ mainly on gay marriage. But I really respect your openness and the fact that you are able to both hold to your convictions but don't think they should necessarily be legislated.

It should be noted, and I hadn't seen anything mentioned here, the the school offered this kid zis own restroom to change in and ze wouldn't use it.

Duly noted. However, as I've mentioned, this isn't about being nice to people of alternative alternatives. This is about changing society. People get upset when this obvious intention is pointed out. Why? Because the most successful tactic so far has been emotional and once it's ideological, they don't do as well.