• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Students protest transgender classmate's use of girl's locker room

What's the symbol on the door for a trans bathroom? I imagine it would be a big question mark like those blocks in Super Mario. Like "what's in this bathroom?" It could be some coins, a mushroom, an inside-out mushroom. Maybe a 1-up if you're lucky.

Could be a warp to a secret level where everyone is transgender. The princess is really a prince and Luigi's mustache is fake.

FYI:

What is the difference between sex and gender?

Sex = male and female

Gender = masculine and feminine

So in essence:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.

Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

So while your sex as male or female is a biological fact that is the same in any culture, what that sex means in terms of your gender role as a 'man' or a 'woman' in society can be quite different cross culturally. These 'gender roles' have an impact on the health of the individual.

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics. To summarise:

'man' = male sex+ masculine social role

(a 'real man', 'masculine' or 'manly')

'woman' = female sex + feminine social role

(a 'real woman', 'feminine' or 'womanly')

Personally I think that use of a bathroom or locker room should be based on your sex, not your gender.  If I have a daughter I'd rather not have a penis in the locker room she uses.  

Many of you may not know the origin of the sex to gender switch. You think it's like a real thing. First, it has nothing to do with science. Gender is a grammatical term, like how in Spanish there are masculine and feminine.

So, you know how in Marxism everything is a social construct (when they feel like it - homosexuality is genetic)? Well, as chance would have it, Marxists feminists in the 60s discovered that men and women act like men and women because of society and that there's no real difference between men and women.

To emphasize this point, they called sex, gender.

It's all commie bull crap from beginning to end. Please don't waste your time challenging me on this.

FYI: What is the difference between sex and gender?

Sex = male and female

Gender = masculine and feminine

So in essence:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.

Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

So while your sex as male or female is a biological fact that is the same in any culture, what that sex means in terms of your gender role as a 'man' or a 'woman' in society can be quite different cross culturally. These 'gender roles' have an impact on the health of the individual.

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics. To summarise:

'man' = male sex+ masculine social role

(a 'real man', 'masculine' or 'manly')

'woman' = female sex + feminine social role

(a 'real woman', 'feminine' or 'womanly')

Personally I think that use of a bathroom or locker room should be based on your sex, not your gender. If I have a daughter I'd rather not have a penis in the locker room she uses.

I get that this makes many people uncomfortable and I don't know the solution, but I think it starts with greater acceptance. Transgender people aren't going away, and even if you see it as crazy or sick or pathological, to a transgender person making the change is very liberating. I've heard many testimonies of transgender people feeling like they were born in the wrong body, and how liberating it was for them when they "made the change." I see no reason why we can't embrace this as a lifestyle choice, even if it isn't for you personally.

That said, if people are uncomfortable with a transgender person in the bathroom, I don't think we can outright castigate them or accuse them of "transphobia." It takes some getting used to. Some colleges have transgender bathrooms. It isn't a complete solution, but it is a start.

On a related note, I heard the other day that as many as 1 in 100 people are born with a body that isn't either male or female, that is "intersex" to some degree. In most cases doctors make the choice as to whether the baby will be male or female. Maybe if this whole process was more open and we were more aware and accepting of biologically intersex people, then we'd also be more open and accepting of transgender people.

Agreed with everything you said, though there is people refering to transgender women in this thread as "he" and 'man' which we both know is wrong.

Another issue is the safety of the student, the woman will probally be attacked by her fellow students if she uses the womens restrooms.

They might end up having to change all restrooms to non-gender and based on sex organs instead of gender.

One small reason behind the rise in transgender people is people with mild forms of autism......autistic women are more likely than the average woman to come out as a trans man.

Even autistic men are more likely to become transgender, not as common as trans men being autistic but still higher than the cis-gender population.

The reason why I become accepting & tolerant of transgender people is because their were a few in the autism community I used to belong to & from reading more about them, communicating with them.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

Agreed with everything you said, though there is people refering to transgender women in this thread as "he" and 'man' which we both know is wrong.

Another issue is the safety of the student, the woman will probally be attacked by her fellow students if she uses the womens restrooms.

They might end up having to change all restrooms to non-gender and based on sex organs instead of gender.

One small reason behind the rise in transgender people is people with mild forms of autism......autistic women are more likely than the average woman to come out as a trans man.

Even autistic men are more likely to become transgender, not as common as trans men being autistic but still higher than the cis-gender population.

The reason why I become accepting & tolerant of transgender people is because their were a few in the autism community I used to belong to & from reading more about them, communicating with them.

Interesting stuff about the correlation (although not necessary causation) between transgender and autism. I'd never heard of that.

But yeah, the safety is an issue. Unfortunately I don't think we're ready - as evinced by some of the attitudes in this thread. But progress has a way, and marginalized groups gradually become accepted.

Anyhow, I think the point above about sex vs. gender is key. Gender is an identity, which should be a choice, a freedom. We are born with sex, however, although it isn't always so black and white, as I mentioned above.

This reminds of the Emporer's New Clothes stories, where everybody feels like they have to pretend the emperor's not naked. 

The boy who thinks he's a girl is a boy. He could get through high school by using the private bathroom if he feels so uncomfortable around other boys. 

The reason, as you guys alluded to, that he doesn't is that this and the gay marriage movement isn't primarily to be nice to people. It's focus is on changing society. The change must first destroy the common sense assumptions by which society has operated. That's why the same people who praise these kinds of things have usually bashed regular male-female relationships. 

The whole Marxist excuse of your gender is this, but your biology is that reminds me of Scientology with the aliens trapped in a body (just saw "Going Clear"). It's dumb and severely harmful to children who will now wonder if they're really women because they played with dolls once or if they should marry their best friend. The real harm is this disgusting movement. 

Thing is, you can't force somebody to celebrate. It's like forcing an apology.

True. But you can slowly and gradually educate. An apology becomes heart-felt when someone has the emotional intelligence to understand why an apology is worth giving. It is similar to acceptance and celebration of diversity - it is a kind of intelligence that can be nourished, just like emotional intelligence or any other form of intelligence.

Or Juan, it isn't just leftists, it is you know most everyone. I don't consider myself a leftist, I consider myself in tune with reality. If you want to continue to live under a rock and pretend homosexuality is a choice go right ahead. Oh and even if it was a choice would it really matter? Oh and as soon as our "rightests" can actually get their heads out of their asses on these types of things, the sooner we will all be better off because one of them might actually be electable.

Interesting stuff about the correlation (although not necessary causation) between transgender and autism. I'd never heard of that.

But yeah, the safety is an issue. Unfortunately I don't think we're ready - as evinced by some of the attitudes in this thread. But progress has a way, and marginalized groups gradually become accepted.

Anyhow, I think the point above about sex vs. gender is key. Gender is an identity, which should be a choice, a freedom. We are born with sex, however, although it isn't always so black and white, as I mentioned above.

I don't know why its more common among people with asperger syndrome but maybe something to do with when people are created that we are sometimes born with labels that make us different from one another.

In general theres quite a variety of gender identity's such as Bi-Gender & non-binary in the Asperger(mild autism) community.

The student should probally change schools where no one knows of her past or be in a special ed program which would keep her away from bullies.