• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

On May 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM, arch stanton said:

I live in Bahrain but close enough. And as the other military guys can tell you, you don't wish a C-130 ride on your worst enemy. 

okay, what's wrong with flying in a C-130?

On 5/28/2016 at 10:25 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I tbink somewhere in this thread weve talked about the portland area. For anyone familiar with it, i saw some pretty cool landscapes in the area. Can anyone recommend some ideas for a weekend trip up there?

Bring an umbrella and if you want to make friends, lots of cigarettes. 

just got back from carmel. f*cking amazing as always. always come home with a trunk full of wine from all those great tasting rooms.

HIGHLY recommend aubergine at l'auberge. it only has like 6 tables so hard to get a res, but holy sh*t was it good. got to meet the chef. it's an event. 

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

just got back from carmel. f*cking amazing as always. always come home with a trunk full of wine from all those great tasting rooms.

HIGHLY recommend aubergine at l'auberge. it only has like 6 tables so hard to get a res, but holy sh*t was it good. got to meet the chef. it's an event. 

I'll be there in July

6 hours ago, mrwicked said:

So you were just going to leave this post here without any info? Dude.

at least tell us how the chicken nuggets tasted.

35 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Why? Were you trying to get ahold me me?

i'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, so i'll just say i was concerned you might have been, um, "backed up" for a wee bit.

On 6/1/2016 at 4:49 PM, mrwicked said:

i love bosnia. lots of shady gypsies though. but decent ottoman/turkish food.

After spending some time around gypsies, you wonder if maybe not all of hitlers ideas were bad.

Some girl i met the other day thrned me onto a site called secret flights...check it out...wome pretty badass deals on it.

Looking at some flights to europe in the fall for 300...

I been around the world and I, I, I........

Portland was awesome. It's like San Diego, size wise. There is a little trolley type dealio that runs through the city that you just hop on and tootle around the city.

Lot's of good breweries and tasting rooms. I think Voodoo Doughnuts is overrated, but it's a Portland staple even though I find it nuts to wait in line for like an hour just to buy doughnuts (we ended up going late at night when there was basically no line after a Thrice show). Mother's is the breakfast spot, pretty damn good. There is a tram type thing that goes between hospitals that you can ride that is one of the highest points in the city and overlooks everything. And just from growing up a skateboarder it was kind of cool to visit Burnside.......bad part of town, run down shit hole, and plenty of homeless people, but cool to say I went.

The only thing I wish I would have done is visit some more of the gardens, like that badass Chinese garden they have in downtown.

I think I went in 2012 (must have been since Euros were going on at the time), so to try and remember it from the game and all the magazine pics was unique. Looked authentic to memory. The one thing I remember most was looking closely and everything isn't really smooth or even and you get a better appreciation for a bunch of dudes that just randomly built a skatepark by hand under an overpass bridge.

On June 4, 2016 at 9:12 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

After spending some time around gypsies, you wonder if maybe not all of hitlers ideas were bad.

Some girl i met the other day thrned me onto a site called secret flights...check it out...wome pretty badass deals on it.

Looking at some flights to europe in the fall for 300...

I'll check it out.

i just joined Dealray. It has a paid subscription, like $9 a month, but supposed to have legit deals. Also you get 3 months free with every referral so I referred like four other email accounts of mine, got the bonus, then cancelled them. So I'll check it out for a year and see how it is. 

Give it a look dude.

ps cheers from SFO. Nothing better than having a few cold ones at the bar pre-flight. 

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I'll check it out.

i just joined Dealray. It has a paid subscription, like $9 a month, but supposed to have legit deals. Also you get 3 months free with every referral so I referred like four other email accounts of mine, got the bonus, then cancelled them. So I'll check it out for a year and see how it is. 

Give it a look dude.

ps cheers from SFO. Nothing better than having a few cold ones at the bar pre-flight. 

Know what you mean, its bad luck to not have a $12 beer before you board a flight! May you board before the clueless f*ck who has to arrange his carry on just so in the overhead,while 73 people behind him are standing in the aisle waiting, my friend.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Has anyone here been on any of the "swim with the dolphin" excursions in grand Cayman or Cozumel? We'll be there in just over a week and are looking over the excursion offerings available. Also interested in any of the snorkeling excursions. 

Didnt do the dolphins but i saw them. Did some snorkling down there years ago. The water around cozumel/cancun is insane, tank. Right now is whale shark season, see if you can get on one of those excursions (for snorkling)