• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

Monterey is awesome. If you have any diving experience I suggest you rent some equipment and go. The aquarium there is the best too.

went once when i was a kid. Recently been looking into it, carmel, and places like that for a weekend trip. Funny you mention diving, im looking to get certified. I want to try and dive the great barrier reef in the next few years.

If you want awesome diving, the Sea of Cortez off La Paz (close to Cabo) is amazing. And even local off Catalina is great. >>>>>>>>

I've spent considerable time in the La Paz and East Cape area. Cabo Pulmo reserve is excellent, and really, you can pretty much jump in with snorkel gear anywhere along that stretch and see some amazing stuff.

If one has access to a boat, the opportunity to jump in with basking/whale sharks and Mantas is almost ever present.

Edited by Homebrewer

• 1 month later...

did another trip to tahoe this past weekend, 4 nights for snowfest up on north side.

usually takes about 3 hours or so from the city.

but on the drive up we went right into a storm, took 7 hours and was little nerve racking.

nothing says fun like driving through a night time white out in a german sedan.

but man was it gorgeous this weekend.

Edited by mrwicked

You're loco, son.

I don't like cities generally, but I've got 4 on my ok list: Portland, Chicago, Munich and Dublin.

Seattle is full of awful people. Fake liberals and fat chicks who think they're hot.

Sorry dude, you're only right on one of those. Seattle is awesome. 

On the flip side, Portland is full of hippies, hairy women, stinky bums & hipsters. 

Though their beer pubs & strip clubs are legit. 

did another trip to tahoe this past weekend, 4 nights for snowfest up on north side.

but on the drive up we went right into a storm, took 7 hours and was little nerve racking.

Love Tahoe, especially in the big snow years.

Alpine Meadows and Sugar Bowl kick ass

Love Tahoe, especially in the big snow years.

Alpine Meadows and Sugar Bowl kick ass

agreed.

i had a ski lease up there a few years ago, the last time there was legit snow before this year.

so far this year is looking good.

my favorites are squaw and northstar.

but i love me some alpine meadows, haven't been to sugar bowl since college.

this trip we stayed at squaw for a few days, and then hyatt resort/spa in incline village for a few days.

man that hyatt is just so pretty. the lone eagle restaurant there is unreal.

Edited by mrwicked

agreed.

i had a ski lease up there a few years ago, the last time there was legit snow before this year.

this trip we stayed at squaw for a few days, and then hyatt resort/spa in incline village for a few days.

They are all good. We tried Mt Rose last time, and it is a great ski area as well.

Haven't been to Northstar in a long time. It is mostly trail skiing, which I have plenty of back East.

Wow, calscuf and I agree on something: I also prefer Portland to Seattle, but they're both great cities. I lived in Portland for about ten years, but know Seattle pretty well as now-wife lived there for the first few months that we dated, and I would go up most weekends.

As for the topic of the thread, I lived in Asia for seven months, traveling in Thailand, India, and Nepal with my wife. The highlight was a 16-day trek in the Himalayas, the Annapurna circuit.

Edited by Angelsjunky

That I80 drive is frickin scary when it's dumping. Big rigs everywhere, cliffs on the side of the road... white knuckles.

agreed.

Loan Eagle Grill is the best restaurant on the lake IMO. The way the mountains reflect off the lake after my third bloody mary brings a tear to my eye.

That I80 drive is frickin scary when it's dumping. Big rigs everywhere, cliffs on the side of the road... white knuckles.

Loan Eagle Grill is the best restaurant on the lake IMO. The way the mountains reflect off the lake after my third bloody mary brings a tear to my eye.

Yeah, it's not a fun drive at all.

It's right at that point where it goes from rain, to just big time snow. 

So you don't really need chains, but like you said with the big rigs and the cliffs and just zero visibility it's a sphinter clencher for sure.

We loved Lone Eagle. Just absolutely gorgeous restaurant and exactly what you'd hope for in Tahoe.

I agree with you it easily became our favorite restaurant at the lake. It was nice to sit by the fire and watch the snow fall over the lake.

The bison steak blew my mind.

for anyone curious, this is the joint:

Hyatt-Regency-Lake-Tahoe-P254-LEG-Lounge]

Lone-Eagle-Grille-Wedding-Incline-Villag

Hyatt-Regency-Lake-Tahoe-Resort-Spa-and-

Hyatt-Regency-Lake-Tahoe-Resort-Spa-and-

Edited by mrwicked