• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

Germany-cool and beautiful

Switzerland-stunning but kind of uptight

France-hated Paris but lots of people love it there.

London-had a blast but wish I could have gotten out of the city

Netherlands-People are really friendly, it is super clean, Amsterdam was cool but I didn't enjoy it as much as I am sure a lot of people do.  Not my cup of tea.

Cambodia-Some places (Siem Reap, Angkor Waht) are simply awesome.  Still a lot of poverty once you get to a side street.  People are resiliant.

Thailand-Love it there.  North in Chaing Mai or south in Phuket is simply beautiful and Bangkok is full of energy.  People are super, super nice.

oi mt, tell me more about cambodia. definitely on my bucket list.

Reallly depends on where you go.  I spend most of my time there doing relief work in a border town called Poipet.  Its a dump.  But Siem Reap is really great.  It is very colonial (french) with fresh baguettes and a love of super strong coffee.  I'm sure you know the history of the country.  The government is still fairly corrupt and police and educators regularly demand bribes to do their jobs.  The people are super poor mostly living on 20 to 40 dollars per week.  Clean water is always a battle and unless you have real money you pretty much have to rely on NGO's to give you decent medical care.

The people are lovely though.  I cannot imagine living as most of them do but they are kind and considerate.  They are more reserved than the Thais are but that is ok.  Angkor Waht is awesome.  Get there before sunrise and pray for a clear day.  (not clouds but from smoke).  Wear long sleeves and long pants or you will get eaten alive.  You truly feel like you are walking through history and get an understanding that the western world wasn't the only ones with great civilazations.  If you stay in Siem Reap and its surrounding areas I think you will just be blown away.

Germany - Munich, Berlin and a bunch of other small towns.  Went during Oktoberfest and even outside of Munich there were a bunch of events going on with small beer gardens, festivals and so on.  The smaller places all seem to have a sense of pride and seem to be actual communities where a lot of people know each other.  Berlin was fun because of the history seeing the monuments, art/pieces related to the wall, checkpoint Charlie and so on.

Netherlands - Amsterdam was fun and it was a trip seeing people smoke out in the open.  Gorgeous women.

Spain - Barcelona and Sitges.  Barcelona was fun but like most big cities to me in a way they all feel somewhat alike.  I'm not a big city person and would never live in LA, NY or a place like Barcelona but they're fun to visit.  Sitges was way more laid back and I'd recommend it but if you go make sure you know it's a well known tourist/relocation spot for people who live an alternative lifestyle.  Nothing wrong with that at all just mentioning it because we went for the day and I imagine at night it may be a bit different based on the bar life.  They also have festivals that you may not be expecting so before taking kids there do your research.

London - About the only major city I've been to that I truly enjoyed and would consider living in.  It's pricey but there's so many places to go and it's a great jumping off point for the rest of Europe.  We have an office there and most of the people who are there hop around Europe on the weekends for pretty cheap.

Mexico - PV, Cabo, Rosarito and so on.  I think most people from CA have been to some parts of Mexico.  Went to TJ when we were 18-20 but wouldn't go now because I don't need to.  Cabo is fun and pretty laid back and I'd gladly retire somewhere like that some day.

US - not real well traveled.  Aside from states on this side of the country I've only spent time in NY.  I hope to see more of the US later in life as for now I prefer big trips to be overseas.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

52 out of 200

Places I've been...

Ireland

Scotland

England/London

Amsterdam

Munich/Bavaria

Innsbruck

India

New Zealand

Chile

Patagonia

Bangkok/Thailand

Tulum/Yucatan Peninsula

I've spent the last week or so working through photos from Patagonia...here are a few

Edited by red321

Germany - Munich, Berlin and a bunch of other small towns.  Went during Oktoberfest and even outside of Munich there were a bunch of events going on with small beer gardens, festivals and so on.  The smaller places all seem to have a sense of pride and seem to be actual communities where a lot of people know each other.  Berlin was fun because of the history seeing the monuments, art/pieces related to the wall, checkpoint Charlie and so on.

Netherlands - Amsterdam was fun and it was a trip seeing people smoke out in the open.  Gorgeous women.

Spain - Barcelona and Sitges.  Barcelona was fun but like most big cities to me in a way they all feel somewhat alike.  I'm not a big city person and would never live in LA, NY or a place like Barcelona but they're fun to visit.  Sitges was way more laid back and I'd recommend it but if you go make sure you know it's a well known tourist/relocation spot for people who live an alternative lifestyle.  Nothing wrong with that at all just mentioning it because we went for the day and I imagine at night it may be a bit different based on the bar life.  They also have festivals that you may not be expecting so before taking kids there do your research.

London - About the only major city I've been to that I truly enjoyed and would consider living in.  It's pricey but there's so many places to go and it's a great jumping off point for the rest of Europe.  We have an office there and most of the people who are there hop around Europe on the weekends for pretty cheap.

Mexico - PV, Cabo, Rosarito and so on.  I think most people from CA have been to some parts of Mexico.  Went to TJ when we were 18-20 but wouldn't go now because I don't need to.  Cabo is fun and pretty laid back and I'd gladly retire somewhere like that some day.

US - not real well traveled.  Aside from states on this side of the country I've only spent time in NY.  I hope to see more of the US later in life as for now I prefer big trips to be overseas.  

Loved Bavaria/Munich. We went right before Christmas and they had a huge Christmas festival right at the base of the old church in the middle of Munich. Caroler's singing on the balcony, craft fair, mulled wine...it is impossible not to get in the holiday spirit. One day I will take my wife back for that. Innsbruck had a festival as well, fresh snow in the Austrian Alps...again...it was awesome.

Everywhere you looked in Amsterdam it was a beautiful woman...or man...it simply collects the most attractive human specimens the world has to offer I think. Most beautiful woman I've ever seen was the bartender at a coffee/hash shop in Amsterdam.

Wow. I'm seriously going to take this list seriously and visit these places. I've been to a handful already, but so much I haven't seen, experienced yet.

Much like professional sports, I think living on the East cost is an advantage. A lot of things are in closer proximity to me.

I only got 43. I have t done a lot back East.

Was happy to see Kings Canyon made the list, but hope it doesn't draw people to visit there. I love that it's like an uncrowded Yosemite.

Also pretty rad that Channel Islands made it. I spent a ton of time sailing around those islands when I worked on Tallships. Truly amazing.

I can get Wanderlust pretty bad and wish I could travel more. I love everything about the Road Trip.

If I had it my way, I'd pull my kids out of school and do home school/ experiential education. It would be so rad to teach them about the Civil War on an actual historic battlefield one day, geology in the Grand Canyon, early American History in Boston and Rock And Roll in Cleveland.

As far as being out of the country...

I have pet grey whales in Scammons Lagoon and San Ignacio and chased whale sharks in the Bahia De Los Angeles.

I went to Austria, Germany, Holland and England when I was a teen and I remember being amazed at how beautiful the Dutch girls were that worked at McDonalds.

I lived in the Carribean for 3 months when I had a small role in a movie.

I would like to spend some time in Ireland, drinking beer and playing music in pubs.

Another place I drive through recently, between Missoula and Twin Falls. It was impressive.

I have made that drive a lot. You finally get out of the Nevada desert and Idaho is like entering another country with grass and trees. Then you choose which split to take on the 93 and one takes you to craters of the moon where only some sparse lichen grows.

Bumper stickers in Montana: Pray for me I drive the 93. My parents house is right off the 93 south of Missoula.