• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

I love history, but have average recollection of what I learn as it relates to history, but since I love history I loved Rome. I also just appreciated the fact that they have buildings that are 1000 years old.

agreed!

i remember when i was in budapest and you realize... holy sh*t these guys celebrated their thousand year anniversary... in 1890!

or the hostel i stayed at in croatia was in a building almost 2,000 years old.

it's wild.

then out here in california you're like "OMG look at that old ass building... can't believe it has survived since 1968! amazing."

Edited by mrwicked

I need to travel more...only 44

New York and DC were fantastic. Took the family to Florida this past summer. Some places in AZ that are absolutely stunning.

You and me both. I am 35 and have done only 17 or 18 of the things on that list. And that is giving myself credit for the golden gate bridge for taking a boat underneath it (but never actually driving or walking it).

I love history, but have average recollection of what I learn as it relates to history, but since I love history I loved Rome. I also just appreciated the fact that they have buildings that are 1000 years old.

yep. Some of those old places are cool as hell. You stand there and figure "holy crap, rhat building is older than current religions"....

Really puts the US in perspective. I love going back east, seeing our own history. But its funny when you compare a few hundred years to a few centuries

agreed!

i remember when i was in budapest and you realize... holy sh*t these guys celebrated their thousand year anniversary... in 1890!

or the hostel i stayed at in croatia was in a building almost 2,000 years old.

it's wild.

then out here in california you're like "OMG look at that old ass building... can't believe it has survived since 1968! amazing."

lol, i can just delete what i just said. You hit the nail on the head!

decided to do italy.

we roll out tomorrow AM.

back in a couple weeks.

while there i'll be on the lookout for a sweet sweet villa we can use for aw.com tuscany headquarters. 

I know people in Firenze, let me know if you want some tips (or anyone)

seek out those 0km restaurants, they are good

Edited by notherhalo

• 4 months later...

Bumping the thread, anyone been anywhere new since last posting?

I want to pick a few places for this year. Exotic, adventure type places. Also need to start seeing the nature and wildlife here in the US. Really want to see alaska, any tips on best places here in the US for noce landscapes and wildlife?

Saw the revenant yesterday, makes me want to see the outdoors here at home. Been focusing outside of the US for so long that ive ignored the things to see here

Ive never really been an outdoor guy, been a city kid all my life. But im starting to get interested in camping.

As a SoCal city kid the first thing you are going to notice camping is the world is completely filled with bugs. Crawling, flying, biting bugs.

Have fun.

You're loco, son.

I don't like cities generally, but I've got 4 on my ok list: Portland, Chicago, Munich and Dublin.

Seattle is full of awful people. Fake liberals and fat chicks who think they're hot.

I like fake liberals tho

Since Italy in September:

Spent a few days on Sanibel Island in Florida for Christmas. Gorgeous there. Great food and cocktails non-stop.

Then hopped on a Caribbean cruise out of Miami and did couple stops in the Caymans, Jamaica, Cozumel Mexico and Miami. Was insane. I've done a handful of cruises but this was by far the best, a brand new boat.

After that we hung out in South Beach Miami for a few days. Amazing drinks and cuban food. I made sure to walk over to the house from Scarface where they killed the guy with the chainsaw.

Was two weeks of non-stop 24/7 drinking so gave my liver a break for January.

Next up is Sonoma and Tahoe this weekend. Tahoe again in March for Snowfest. Not sure where next International trip, probably Cuba before the capitalist pigs show up.

Edited by mrwicked