• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

where have you been

3 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Trying to plan an early Nov 4 day weekend in Montana. Going with a buddy and 2 new chicks.  Going to party in town/bars a night or two (Livingston/Bozeman?) and could use ideas on where's the best area to get a good cabin.

2 dudes,  a couple chickens and getting drunk in Bozeman,  Montana is just a regular Thursday in those parts. 

4 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Trying to plan an early Nov 4 day weekend in Montana. Going with a buddy and 2 new chicks.  Going to party in town/bars a night or two (Livingston/Bozeman?) and could use ideas on where's the best area to get a good cabin.

Was there awhile back, absolutely loved it. Bozeman is a really cool town. There's some fried chicken place that rocked. Don't remember the name, but ask a local, they'll know.

Yellowstone is real close, St least make a day trip.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:54 AM, notherhalo said:

Bozeman is a great town.  College town, surrounded by mountains.  Can't get much better.  Livingston is meh.

9 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Bozeman is a great town.  College town, surrounded by mountains.  Can't get much better.  Livingston is meh.

Hey MT. Last time I was there, Livingston had a great restaurant and it was a picturesque, albeit kind of quiet town, but near Yellowstone.  How's Butte or Big Sky?  Any better nightlife than Bozeman (which I really liked).

wondering what's a cool area to rent a cabin, if you know one 

On September 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM, notherhalo said:

Hey MT. Last time I was there, Livingston had a great restaurant and it was a picturesque, albeit kind of quiet town, but near Yellowstone.  How's Butte or Big Sky?  Any better nightlife than Bozeman (which I really liked).

wondering what's a cool area to rent a cabin, if you know one 

Big sky is small.  Really nice but limited options.  Butte is a mining town.  I do not like like Butte at all.  Bozeman is the best in that area.  Missoula and Kallispell are really nice though.  The area around Flathead Lake is really nice

Major Score: I have been watching airfare from NY to Rome, then flying back from Venice. It was averaging @ $ 1700. On the recommendation of a friend, I looked at flying back from Milan. It was  a little less. Two days later, it dropped to $700, so I grabbed it. Next day, back up to $1700+.  Family of four, I was able to save $4000.

Heading to Italy on Friday for two weeks.  We are flying into Rome and staying there for 3 days.  Then taking the train to Florence and hanging out in that area for 4 days, then up to Venice for 3 days, lastly back down to Rome for four days.  Should be a pretty decent honeymoon.  

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Heading to Italy on Friday for two weeks.  We are flying into Rome and staying there for 3 days.  Then taking the train to Florence and hanging out in that area for 4 days, then up to Venice for 3 days, lastly back down to Rome for four days.  Should be a pretty decent honeymoon.  

If you're into food you can get outside the city to smaller areas and find "0 kilometer" restaurants", whereupon everything they make is grown/killed within a kilometer.   It's way off the tourist map though.

We are renting a car for that reason, (and others). I don't want to miss anything along the route.

we will be doing what Strad is, but after Venice head to Lake Como or Lake Maggiore before flying home from Milan

6 hours ago, notherhalo said:

If you're into food you can get outside the city to smaller areas and find "0 kilometer" restaurants", whereupon everything they make is grown/killed within a kilometer.   It's way off the tourist map though.

On 9/18/2016 at 2:32 PM, NJHalo said:

Major Score: I have been watching airfare from NY to Rome, then flying back from Venice. It was averaging @ $ 1700. On the recommendation of a friend, I looked at flying back from Milan. It was  a little less. Two days later, it dropped to $700, so I grabbed it. Next day, back up to $1700+.  Family of four, I was able to save $4000.

Nice!

I'm sure nother, wicked and calscuf will agree, it's seriously worth it to look around at different airports in the same region if you want to save money.

Find the hub airports in Europe (Norwegian air being the greatest thing that's happened to humans since the dinosaurs died) and fly there, even if it's not your destination. Then catch the cheap as dirt puddle hopper flights to where you're going (or train it/rent a car)

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Nice!

I'm sure nother, wicked and calscuf will agree, it's seriously worth it to look around at different airports in the same region if you want to save money.

Find the hub airports in Europe (Norwegian air being the greatest thing that's happened to humans since the dinosaurs died) and fly there, even if it's not your destination. Then catch the cheap as dirt puddle hopper flights to where you're going (or train it/rent a car)

I booked American Airlines thru British Air website. Codeshare definitely has it's quirkiness. Same seat on American Airlines plane, purchased on their website was significantly more. 

23 hours ago, Stradling said:

sounds like the trip of a lifetime, strad. hope it's amazing. just make sure you stop having sex for a few hours each day so you can see some of the sights.