• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

If an employer says he wants to whip his employees and the employees agree to these terms because they really really need that job.  You think this acceptable?  That government doesn't have the right to step in when someone is being exploited?

Ok, but a few posts up you’re arguing about the purity of allowing someone to sell their labor for whatever price.  So you apparently do draw the line somewhere. I guess whipping.  We’re just not going to find any common ground on this Adam.  

and to be clear.  If someone wants to do a job for fixed rate that is below “minimum wage” that can be arranged.  If you’re an employer things are little different. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I mean they use to compensate workers with company tokens because they could and their was no government regulation.  Maybe it wouldn’t snap back to that right away.  But if they took away minimum wage we would absolutely go back to that eventually.  

It’s difficult for me to accept arguments that place merit in that kind of system. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ok, but a few posts up you’re arguing about the purity of allowing someone to sell their labor for whatever price.  So you apparently do draw the line somewhere. I guess whipping.  We’re just not going to find any common ground on this Adam.  

and to be clear.  If someone wants to do a job for fixed rate that is below “minimum wage” that can be arranged.  If you’re an employer things are little different. 

I was just using an illustration. I don’t think there should be any government regulation of any kind. 

But I get it’s complex. Our economy, our spending, our entire system requires that wages increase and if they’re not going to do it naturally they need to be forced to. 

Also the comparison to minimum wage and prostitution and prohibition is that there is precedent that we don’t have self-ownership 

Back to killing kids....

We all have different values and there are two primary realities on this issue. One perspective is that fetuses are nothing but parasites and should be treated as such. On the other side they’re human beings with the same rights as anyone else and doing anything to harm them is unthinkable. At the very least, smaller bodies of people with values overwhelmingly on one side of this should be allowed to govern themselves as they wish. 

So I am in no way affected by a woman having an abortion. Yes, I think it's barbaric and the woman who kills their child will face God's judgment for it. That's on them. The pro choice crowd chants "My body, my choice" and do not believe the government should tell them what to do (I agree with that). It's kind of BS though that the woman has an out if she doesn't want to be a mother to that child. If the dude that knocked her up doesn't want to be a dad you can bet your ass the government is going to force him to be the father. 

Twitter has been a crap fest this week of both sides of the abortion issue. 

Maybe the stupidest post I’ve seen, and I’ve it a few times, is “no uterus, no opinion!” repeated several times.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

Twitter has been a crap fest this week of both sides of the abortion issue. 

Maybe the stupidest post I’ve seen, and I’ve it a few times, is “no uterus, no opinion!” repeated several times.

But they can still compete in women's sports now

What is disingenuous about the pro choice crowd right now is stating removing abortion removes a woman's right to choose not to procreate. Abortion is the choice when irresponsibility before the act of intercourse takes place. It's not the only choice, the logical choice, it's a choice when none was made to avoid it.

The complexity of putting the weight on women's shoulders to prevent pregnancy is the rape aspect which is not an insignificant number. For those victims their choice was stripped from them and it's a second offense, to force the woman to carry that child to term, by society as a whole. There is no justice in that.

Alabama has made a ruling that disregards justice. It should not stand as law. 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

But they can still compete in women's sports now

Yeah, what a horrible precedent that has become. Time for a third category in competitive sport: men, women, and both.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

So I am in no way affected by a woman having an abortion. Yes, I think it's barbaric and the woman who kills their child will face God's judgment for it. That's on them. The pro choice crowd chants "My body, my choice" and do not believe the government should tell them what to do (I agree with that). It's kind of BS though that the woman has an out if she doesn't want to be a mother to that child. If the dude that knocked her up doesn't want to be a dad you can bet your ass the government is going to force him to be the father. 

An important woman in my life had two abortions when she was younger. She's since become a Christian and is now pro-life. However, her perspective is much different than yours or mine, for obvious reasons. Demonizing the women who have abortions will never help anything.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

An important woman in my life had two abortions when she was younger. She's since become a Christian and is now pro-life. However, her perspective is much different than yours or mine, for obvious reasons. Demonizing the women who have abortions will never help anything.

Maybe I didn't properly express my point. I'm not trying to demonize them. That's between her and God. Thankfully he forgives :)