• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

1 hour ago, Adam said:

That's fine. My point then is they should be equally hostile toward any pro-life position. Some are. I don't understand the seeming willingness of pro-choice people to compromise with pro-lifers and only get angry at the position in the case of rape or incest. Either it's a human with rights or it isn't. Either way, how it was conceived shouldn't matter. 

You don’t understand why they get angry in the cases of rape and incest ? And also you don’t understand willingness to compromise on some aspects on the question of abortion.  

Sorry Adam, you’re a smart dude.  I don’t believe that you don’t understand these things. 

I also find this link between abortion and like, minimum wage regulations just incredibly cynical.  We don’t live in an utterly binary world. 

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isn't it the standard that our elected officials try to regulate things that they know nothing about? Women's issues are no different 

You guys keep saying stuff like this.  It really seems like when you must strip it all away and get to the heart of it.  You simply don’t believe that societies should be governed.  At all.  

You can apply this logic to literally anything in this attempt to “prove” that actually governing is bad.

Good and bad regulation exists.  Context and nuance matter.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You don’t understand why they get angry in the cases of rape and incest ? And also you don’t understand willingness to compromise on some aspects on the question of abortion.  

Sorry Adam, you’re a smart dude.  I don’t believe that you don’t understand these things. 

I also find this link between abortion and like, minimum wage regulations just incredibly cynical.  We don’t live in an utterly binary world. 

Help me understand. If it isn’t a human with rights then why is the reason for aborting it at all significant?

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I didn’t link abortion to minimum wage. Those advocating for abortion rights based on self-ownership did. My body, my choice is a fine position to take but it loses all strength if it isn’t equally applied to all areas of life. If we truly have choice over our bodies then we can use it for whatever we want provided it doesn’t violate anyone else

26 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You guys keep saying stuff like this.  It really seems like when you must strip it all away and get to the heart of it.  You simply don’t believe that societies should be governed.  At all.  

You can apply this logic to literally anything in this attempt to “prove” that actually governing is bad.

Good and bad regulation exists.  Context and nuance matter.  

Specifically, I don't like how much the federal government wants to regulate. Yes, people who write laws don't know shit about the subject. It's done for political reasons 

At the end of the day young women are going to seek out abortions.  You don't have to like it, but it's the reality of the situation.  Now we can create safe spaces for them where they can do this with a doctor or we can go back to the era of rusty hangers and teen age girls bleeding to death.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I didn’t link abortion to minimum wage. Those advocating for abortion rights based on self-ownership did. My body, my choice is a fine position to take but it loses all strength if it isn’t equally applied to all areas of life. If we truly have choice over our bodies then we can use it for whatever we want provided it doesn’t violate anyone else

No you are connecting the two because you’re creating this premise where one choosing to have an abortion is exactly the same as one going to work.  It’s an unreasonable simplification. 

45 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

No you are connecting the two because you’re creating this premise where one choosing to have an abortion is exactly the same as one going to work.  It’s an unreasonable simplification. 

I'm not creating a premise. Either we have control over our bodies or we don't. If an individual gives any support of infringement on that concept  it negates their ability to use the argument for a stand-alone case. 

I fully accept the argument as an argument from anyone who is consistent with their application. But if your position is that because of self-ownership you have the right to not carry a baby, yet at the same time you don't approve of Julio accepting compensation of $7/hr for services, you're full of shit. 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I'm not creating a premise. Either we have control over our bodies or we don't. If an individual gives any support of infringement on that concept  it negates their ability to use the argument for a stand-alone case. 

Minimum wage infringers on our ability to have control over own bodies?

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Because truth is subjective, duh.

did I get it right?