• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Halos pathetic plain and simple

ghoetke

Or maybe he read that Chicago has the best post game spread?

The pizzas Scioscia orders in Chicago have about 5x the calories per square foot compared with the ones ordered in New York. The ones they order at home from CPK are just plain awful.

I would honestly be okay with the rest of the season playing out this pathetic. I can't picture Artie continuing on with this regime if it does. We would be the laughing stock of the league.

Nor could I imagine Scioscia wanting to stick around. Managers manage to win it all. We have threads all the time talking about how bad the team is and how bad the farm system is. I'm assuming at some point Scioscia will take winning over power. This roster is not good, not well constructed. If was built that if everything goes right then we could pitch ourselves to the post season. This offense on paper without looking at stats, just reading names, was bad from the beginning. No speed, limited power, poor on base skills. Why would a manager who is respected, warranted or not, return?

Nor could I imagine Scioscia wanting to stick around. Managers manage to win it all. We have threads all the time talking about how bad the team is and how bad the farm system is. I'm assuming at some point Scioscia will take winning over power. This roster is not good, not well constructed. If was built that if everything goes right then we could pitch ourselves to the post season. This offense on paper without looking at stats, just reading names, was bad from the beginning. No speed, limited power, poor on base skills. Why would a manager who is respected, warranted or not, return?

Money

Money

Because he wouldn't get a similar deal?

He'd likely get a better deal because his Angels deal only runs for another couple of more years and he'd likely get a longer deal than that...I have no illusions that we'd be better off without Scioscia but, from his standpoint, I think a fresh start might be a good idea....LaRussa, Leyland, Torre all changed teams several times (sometimes not voluntarily) and are considered elite managers....a fresh start could be a good thing...at least for Scioscia, maybe not the Angels....

Edited by DMVol

I am not a Scioscia defender, but the team went 1-32 with RISP this series, right? In what way is that possibly attributable to Scioscia?

To whatever extent game plan, scouting, approach play a role during an at bat is on the coaching staff. To whatever extent roster and lineup construction play a role in who is up and when, and who comes in off the bench, that's on the manager. One of those RISP at bats was Featherstone. At DH.

This is the Hatcher argument all over again. Either a manager influences performance on the field and should be rightly held accountable, or he has limited influence and you can fire him just because you want and it will make little difference.

I really don't think he would.

Look at the trends.  Dombrowski out, Melvin out (understanding that they are GMs).  The old school guys like Scioscia are not going to be valued by the GMs populating teams now.

I'd be surprised if Dombrowski doesn't get a job, Seattle makes a lot of sense, maybe Boston....I'd also be surprised if Scioscia wouldn't get another job if he opts out of his Angel deal....Philly makes a lot of sense....but you have to see who they hire as GM, I guess....