• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GOP Debate

Because that is not the "job" of the military and I would hope a CIC, who has the responsibility of sending other people's families in to harm's way, understands that.

Is it sometimes necessary...unfortunately. Is it their primary job? Absolutely not.

Because that is not the "job" of the military and I would hope a CIC, who has the responsibility of sending other people's families in to harm's way, understands that.

Is it sometimes necessary...unfortunately. Is it their primary job? Absolutely not.

I'd rather the leaders actually realize how terrible war is regardless of scope and to exercise more caution before using it. I greatly prefer that to the "welcomed as liberators" mentality.

I liked Rubio & Kasich.  I think my view of Cruz & Christie improved a bit.  I thought Christie won that exchange with Rand Paul.  I'm ok with Bush.

I could see myself supporting Bush, Rubio, or Kasich.  I'll listen to Walker more.  I'd like to see him bring a bit more energy and knowledge.

After having a horse in the race in 2008 & 2012 (Romney), it's nice to be more objective this time.  I'll wait and see how it unfolds.

If the ticket ends up being Bush-Rubio they better win Florida this time.

I don't claim to be a Democrat. If you knew me you'd see my life is the definition of blue collar. I live on a budget, I work hard, and I invest wisely. For some reason republicans do not strike a chord with me.

Abortion is horrible and can be easily defined as the ending of a human life. Difference- I want to eliminate abortion as birth control by providing preventative birth control, not outlaw it. Unwanted pregnancies are the problem

illegal immigration is a huge problem. I want to see the hiring of illegal immigrants the worst decision a business owner can make. I don't see how deporting or imprisoning them changes their need to make a buck and the many employers willing to exploit them.

We need to decrease government spending. That will be tough to do with all the wars, unwanted children, and and EVEN HIGH prison population.

I think high taxes on people making 60-200k a year is ludicrous. Difference- republicans are counting on those taxes to make up for the tax cuts they gave to their campaign donors.

Iran is a problem. Most of our current problems in the middle east are the fault of recent republican presidents.

Public education is ineffective and overpriced. No child left behind didn't help with that and under a voucher system how can we ensure children from poverty will be educated? It is cheaper to educate than imprison.

I wouldn't vote for one of the current candidates if you put a gun to my head. Not one of them is going to do jack shit except provide tax breaks and corporate welfare. I'm just praying for a Ross Perot type to swing in and get 10% of the vote, changing the direction of our political landscape for good.

Good post Colt. Your post is highly consistent with many of my own political beliefs. I don't care much for most of these republican candidates, but definitely prefer them to the crap the other side has to offer.

I always thought the Republican party was supposed to be the party of liberty. To me, "liberty" means being free of government control. Keep your hands out of my wallet, but just as important, don't tell me what I can do in my bedroom, with whom I can associate, and what I can believe. I don't think today's Republican party embodies these beliefs. But the left is every bit as bad, particukalry on economic matters. For all the hypocrisy they attribute to Republicans, they are every bit as bad.

I'd like to see a president liberal on social issues, and conservative on economic issues. I suspect many Republicans and Democrats feel the same way yet we are completely incapable of electing anyone who fits that description.

I'd like to see a president liberal on social issues, and conservative on economic issues. I suspect many Republicans and Democrats feel the same way yet we are completely incapable of electing anyone who fits that description.

This is completely where I am: social liberal, fiscal conservative. I believe that we ought to help people who need it, but many government programs are far too easy to qualify for. The knee-jerk reaction of telling welfare recipients to "get a job" is much easier said than done, particularly for the young and unskilled. They can't afford higher education, transportation and child care are often major issues, and there are so many people in like situations that competition for these types of jobs is fierce. Sooner or later they run out of places to apply, and the system currently cuts them off if this happens. The cost of education needs to come down, IMO - significantly. Young people in this country shouldn't be saddled with a lifetime of debt for bettering themselves, particularly since this happens almost nowhere else in the world. I had rather invest in education for four years than welfare for a lifetime.

Overspending on anything - be it social programs, the military, whatever - is a bad idea. Regulating everything isn't the answer, but neither is not regulating anything. Corporations have shown that they cannot be trusted with lax or no rules. A completely free marketplace isn't the panacea that some believe it to be. Large corporations simply cut prices temporarily to force smaller competitors out of business because they can't make money matching the price cuts, then the competitors fold and the big ones jack up prices. This practice, predatory pricing, is essentially what happened in the airline industry. Remember when deregulation was supposed to increase choice? There are fewer airlines now than there were 40 years ago, carrier dominance at major hubs has increased, and fares (let alone fees) are higher than they should reasonably be. Even big airlines have been forced into mergers in order to survive, while others have simply disappeared.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

It's not the military's job to hand out food to poor people or advise governments on how to run elections. Their job is to kill the enemy. 

Politicians have have asked our soldiers to perform numerous tasks outside of their scope of work and it has made them less effective. 

Listened to the first 15 minutes of it on the radio in the car.  Holy s**t Fox is horrible!  It had a really bad pep rally feel, and was incredibly awkward.

Think awkward is a good description. All you missed on tv was an angry ex-cheerleader with a clown to the left and a joker to the right. 

This is completely where I am: social liberal, fiscal conservative. I believe that we ought to help people who need it, but many government programs are far too easy to qualify for. The knee-jerk reaction of telling welfare recipients to "get a job" is much easier said than done, particularly for the young and unskilled. They can't afford higher education, transportation and child care are often major issues, and there are so many people in like situations that competition for job of these types of jobs is fierce. Sooner or later they run out of places to apply, and the system currently cuts them off if this happens. The cost of education needs to come down, IMO - significantly. Young people in this country shouldn't be saddled with a lifetime of debt for bettering themselves, particularly since this happens almost nowhere else in the world. I had rather invest in education for four years than welfare for a lifetime.

Overspending on anything - be it social programs, the military, whatever - is a bad idea. Regulating everything isn't the answer, but neither is not regulating anything. Corporations have shown that they cannot be trusted with lax or no rules. A completely free marketplace isn't the panacea that some believe it to be. Large corporations simply cut prices temporarily to force smaller competitors out of business because they can't make money matching the price cuts, then the competitors fold and the big ones jack up prices. This practice, predatory pricing, is essentially what happened in the airline industry. Remember when deregulation was supposed to increase choice? There are fewer airlines now than there were 40 years ago, carrier dominance at major hubs has increased, and fares (let alone fees) are higher than they should reasonably be. Even big airlines have been forced into mergers in order to survive, while others have simply disappeared.

Spot on Vegas. You and I are political brothas for the most part.

This is completely where I am: social liberal, fiscal conservative. I believe that we ought to help people who need it, but many government programs are far too easy to qualify for. The knee-jerk reaction of telling welfare recipients to "get a job" is much easier said than done, particularly for the young and unskilled. They can't afford higher education, transportation and child care are often major issues, and there are so many people in like situations that competition for job of these types of jobs is fierce. Sooner or later they run out of places to apply, and the system currently cuts them off if this happens. The cost of education needs to come down, IMO - significantly. Young people in this country shouldn't be saddled with a lifetime of debt for bettering themselves, particularly since this happens almost nowhere else in the world. I had rather invest in education for four years than welfare for a lifetime.

Great example with the Airlines.

It's not the military's job to hand out food to poor people or advise governments on how to run elections. Their job is to kill the enemy. 

Politicians have have asked our soldiers to perform numerous tasks outside of their scope of work and it has made them less effective.

I agree with this. When the military is not at war they are training for it.

It's August, so hopefully we can't take too much stock in this poll...but geez...are we reaching the point where the Republican party has jumped the shark?

Trump

Cruz

Ben Carson

Are the current leaders...Ben Carson who's tax reform plan is strict tithing?

Kasich, who probably came off as the most moderate of the bunch...lost ground. (Probably why you see him disavowing climate change today in an interview)

As for Adam's question re: Christie. He will never live down..."the hug". A good number of Republicans blame.."the hug", and Christie blowing off Romney near the end of the campaign, for Obama winning a second term.