• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GOP Debate

laugh...good point...though I think the RNC is particularly worried about it right now. They think one of the reasons they lost in 2012 was because they had so many debates and the more people heard from the candidates, the less they like them.

Of course they are worried. Having Trump's dumbass up there isn't helping them feel better either

Of course they are worried. Having Trump's dumbass up there isn't helping them feel better either

Trump is probably helping them a tad bit on that front...it's not like what he's saying is much different than people like Cruz, Walker, and Rubio...he's just saying it louder.

Calling it right now, super bowl ratings. 

With high ratings and the american public becoming more involved, Trumps odds of becoming president keep going up. He's down to 10/1 on bovada. I might have to throw 10k on him so I could afford to you know, buy citizenship in another country. In life we call that a hedge bet.

I thought AW members were above these kind of statements. If you do move just don't go to a country that Trump doesn't like

It's easy to get caught up in the Democrat talking points but the truth is Fiorina was CEO at HP from 1999 to 2005, during the dot-com bubble:

640px-NASDAQ_IXIC_-_dot-com_bubble.png

Lots of tech companies suffered big stock devaluations and massive layoffs.  The company I was working for shut down the division and I along with everyone else was let go.

It's easy to get caught up in the Democrat talking points but the truth is Fiorina was CEO at HP from 1999 to 2005, during the dot-com bubble:

640px-NASDAQ_IXIC_-_dot-com_bubble.png

Lots of tech companies suffered big stock devaluations and massive layoffs.  The company I was working for shut down the division and I along with everyone else was let go.

Yeah...not sure that's just a Democratic talking point. Feel free to google Fiorina and HP.

http://time.com/3845767/carly-fiorina-hp/

Fiorina took H-P’s helm in 1999 at the height of the tech boom. She left after the boom went bust. It seems likely that H-P, a giant in office equipment, would have faced huge challenges no matter who was running the company. But most observers—including the company’s board—have concluded that she made a bad situation worse than it might otherwise have been.

Oh, this one is interesting

http://www.cnbc.com/2009/04/30/Portfolios-Worst-American-CEOs-of-All-Time.html?page=3

A consummate self-promoter, Fiorina was busy pontificating on the lecture circuit and posing for magazine covers while her company floundered. She paid herself handsome bonuses and perks while laying off thousands of employees to cut costs. The merger Fiorina orchestrated with Compaq in 2002 was widely seen as a failure. She was ousted in 2005.

THE STAT: HP stock lost half its value during Fiorina’s tenure.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/maney/2005-02-15-maney_x.htm

The profs are all over the map about Fiorina. Kothari praises her for conviction in pursuing her strategy. On the other end, Sonnenfeld labels her "the worst because of her ruthless attack on the essence of this great company," noting that "she destroyed half the wealth of her investors and yet still earned almost $100 million in total payments for this destructive reign of terror."

But hey...Democratic talking points...

laugh...ok Jay....if that's what you need to tell yourself. Those weren't quotes from Democrats, but rather the business press. Hell, even WaPo just destroyed her recent HP related claims, giving it 3 Pinocchios.

Like I've said previously, I would be more than happy to see the GOP push Fiorina as their savior.