• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would Scioscia say?

1) "I'm getting sick and tired of watching these guys struggle to hit the damn baseball! They're major leaguers, they can do better than this! Much better. We stranded four guys at third base tonight?! That's unacceptable in anyone's book."

2) "Well, some guys are scuffling, but they're working on some things. Erick had an off night, it can happen to anyone. You have to tip your cap to the D-Backs pitchers who kept our guys from scoring. Turn the page and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

Edited by fan_since79

How is his managing forcing Calhoun to pop out to center field and Trout to roll over on an outside pitch to ground out to third?

Why do you guys always pinpoint specific plays to make your point that it was not Scioscia's fault? Of course those are not his own fault. It's a stupid argument.

How about I point out this team that has underperformed for how long now outside of last year's regular season (only to be blown out in the playoffs). Who's fault is that? It seems to be everyone's but Scioscia! Blame Arte, blame Jerry, blame Hatcher, but don't blame the guy that has more control over the team's performance than anyone outside of the players. Yeah, makes sense.

Why do you guys always pinpoint specific plays to make your point that it was not Scioscia's fault? Of course those are not his own fault. It's a stupid argument.

How about I point out this team that has underperformed for how long now outside of last year's regular season (only to be blown out in the playoffs). Who's fault is that? It seems to be everyone's but Scioscia! Blame Arte, blame Jerry, blame Hatcher, but don't blame the guy that has more control over the team's performance than anyone outside of the players. Yeah, makes sense.

I have said many times I would rather keep Dipoto than Sosh, but isn't it possible we just aren't that talented? Outside of having the best player in the game and having a resurgent Albert and Calhoun (who hasn't been great), the rest of the team especially offensively isn't that great. So Robblin, if you hand picked the manager and this team over the last five years performed within a couple games of how it's performed in real life, would you place that blame on the manager that you selected, the players, or the teams construction? In my mind the blame pie would weigh highest on team construction, then players ability to execute, then manager's philosophy/play calling.

I have said many times I would rather keep Dipoto than Sosh, but isn't it possible we just aren't that talented? Outside of having the best player in the game and having a resurgent Albert and Calhoun (who hasn't been great), the rest of the team especially offensively isn't that great. So Robblin, if you hand picked the manager and this team over the last five years performed within a couple games of how it's performed in real life, would you place that blame on the manager that you selected, the players, or the teams construction? In my mind the blame pie would weigh highest on team construction, then players ability to execute, then manager's philosophy/play calling.

Mmmm...blame pie.

Im not trying to defend scioscia, but who cares what he says to reporters? If he talks to the team the same way, doesnt get on them or whatever, that would be an honest critique. But thats not the case.

Even if he airs them out in the media its not going to change how they perform. But what he says to them directly could. Thats not anything were ever going to read about in the papers anyway.

Put it like this, torii hunter. He speaks his mind and most complain about what he says. No real benefit to say anything but PC quotes to the public.

1) "I'm getting sick and tired of watching these guys struggle to hit the damn baseball! They're major leaguers, they can do better than this! Much better. We stranded four guys at third base tonight?! That's unacceptable in anyone's book."

This is what I'm betting Sosh says to the team behind closed doors.

2) "Well, some guys are scuffling, but they're working on some things. Erick had an off night, it can happen to anyone. You have to tip your cap to the D-Backs pitchers who kept our guys from scoring. Turn the page and we'll see what happens tomorrow."

And this is what he says to the media because he isn't a moron. How many managers openly call out their team and players? What good would it do if he did?

Everyone needs to act like Arte. He sat, with a smile on his face, chugging that beer. If he's the owner and that's what he's doing, every fan who doesn't pay for a fûcking thing, can chill.

I will say though, you want to embarrass Arte, play like crap in his beloved state of AZ, where all his billionaire buddies live.

Honestly, did Hal McRae, throwing phones and screaming at reporters bring anything to the Royals on-the-field product?

Larry said it best, Sosh's comments are filler, and an obligation to speak to FS and the writers.

Edited by SOTO

I will say though, you want to embarrass Arte, play like crap in his beloved state of AZ, where all his billionaire buddies live.

Yeah, because Arte's billionaire buddies don't have Internet or TV and have no way of knowing how the Angels are doing outside of watching them when they play in AZ.

Who cares that Mike does not hold his players accountable. With the ego of some of these players, calling them out to the media may be the only way they may wake up. It worked with Phil Jackson. Mike basically defended Fubar for the insanity of that bunt attempt. It was just another example of idiotic decisions on the part of certain players, fully knowing there are no ramifications. Then again, the players are just playing Scioscia ball.