• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would Scioscia say?

Who cares that Mike does not hold his players accountable. With the ego of some of these players, calling them out to the media may be the only way they may wake up. It worked with Phil Jackson. Mike basically defended Fubar for the insanity of that bunt attempt. It was just another example of idiotic decisions on the part of certain players, fully knowing there are no ramifications. Then again, the players are just playing Scioscia ball.

DropsofAnaheim, how would you feel About Featherston being our starting shortstop. Because as bad as you think Aybar is, he's literally twice the player Featherston is. Oh and as bad on the bases as Aybar is, Featherston has looked worse.

Mike is running out the clock on his ten-year extension. This is a boring team led by a manager who seems tired and bored much of the time.

A .500 team in a mediocre division that might squeak into the playoffs. At least that's what it looks like at present.

Edited by fan_since79

So if Mike is bored why wouldn't he opt out? Do you honestly think he can't get more years and more money than he's guaranteed with the Angels after this year? Like I said in another thread he is no different than Greinke, they both could opt out. Only difference is Mike isn't an injury risk.

DropsofAnaheim, how would you feel About Featherston being our starting shortstop. Because as bad as you think Aybar is, he's literally twice the player Featherston is. Oh and as bad on the bases as Aybar is, Featherston has looked worse

Did I say I didn't want Aybar to be our starting shortstop? So the manager is supposed have kid gloves with his players, so matter what stupid decisions they make? Maybe it wasn't Erick's decision. That would not surprise me in the least.

Mike Scioscia has shown time and time again he is more than happy to play for the tie rather than the win. Langston said it on the broadcast. "Aybar" is due. Well, that did not go as planned. I suppose a ground ball to the right side was too much to ask from our lead off hitter, and a good drive would score two. 

Oh and I'd be bored too if my best right handed bat off the bench was either Perez or Iannetta, depending on who's catching. Those two also provide the most power off the bench. Also Navarro and Joyce are your left handed options along with Kubitza.

Edited by Stradling

Did I say I didn't want Aybar to be our starting shortstop? So the manager is supposed have kid gloves with his players, so matter what stupid decisions they make? Maybe it wasn't Erick's decision. That would not surprise me in the least.

Mike Scioscia has shown time and time again he is more than happy to play for the tie rather than the win. Langston said it on the broadcast. "Aybar" is due. Well, that did not go as planned. I suppose a ground ball to the right side was too much to ask from our lead off hitter, and a good drive would score two.

Scioscia did not call for the bunt and even if he did it's not playing for the tie because we would have the go ahead run at third. You guys who want your manager to talk shit on their players are ridiculous. The only purpose it serves is to make you guys feel like he's doing something. The negatives of that approach far outweigh the positives.

I have said many times I would rather keep Dipoto than Sosh, but isn't it possible we just aren't that talented? Outside of having the best player in the game and having a resurgent Albert and Calhoun (who hasn't been great), the rest of the team especially offensively isn't that great. So Robblin, if you hand picked the manager and this team over the last five years performed within a couple games of how it's performed in real life, would you place that blame on the manager that you selected, the players, or the teams construction? In my mind the blame pie would weigh highest on team construction, then players ability to execute, then manager's philosophy/play calling.

Guys are definitely not performing like most of us would have thought, but that still does not excuse the idiocy of this team. This team does not even do the fundamentals well. They make mistakes just based on their decisions, which has nothing to do with talent. Whether it's Scioscia's fault or not, it is a reflection of him.

I believe this offense is poorly constructed, but should not be as bad as it is. Take for example last night. There is zero reason we should have only scored two runs. Players are being put in roles they have never performed well in (Aybar LO, Kole anything but LO). People want to say the lineup has no bearing, well, it sure looks like it does.

Navarro should be playing every day until Jerry does something. Pull the plug on Joyce. Move Kole back to lead off and bat Aybar no higher than eighth. Yes, it's still crappy, but hopefully we will do something quickly. Either way, it's too late to teach these guys how to play fundamental baseball and not kill themselves with mental mistakes.

I'd like to believe Jerry has a longer term goal in mind. The Pujols/Hamilton signings have clearly hindered him. They signed him for another year, so we will see.

Sure we can replace a majority of the players, but I do not think we are all that far off. Try and add a DH and LF. If that can't be done, then just stand pat and be sellers at the deadline if we are out of it.

Regarding Scioscia, the guy has been the one constant with this generally underperforming team in regards to talent/expectations to results. We get new players in and those new players make the same mistakes the old players have been making that we hate. He's had his opportunities. He's had a chance to show everyone his team's are fundamentally sound (they are not). I truly believe this team will never reach it's goals with Scioscia as the manager. He just does not seem like the manager that will lead his guys to get it done when it really needs to be done.

Playoff failures (if we make it) have become just the norm it seems. It's sad, but even last year after that great regular season I was just waiting for the shit to hit the fan in the playoffs. The guy is 10-22 in the PO's since 2002.

Guys are definitely not performing like most of us would have thought, but that still does not excuse the idiocy of this team. This team does not even do the fundamentals well. They make mistakes just based on their decisions, which has nothing to do with talent. Whether it's Scioscia's fault or not, it is a reflection of him...

Playoff failures (if we make it) have become just the norm it seems. It's sad, but even last year after that great regular season I was just waiting for the shit to hit the fan in the playoffs. The guy is 10-22 in the PO's since 2002.

Yep.

Some people here need to take off the rose-colored glasses.

I have zero issues with replacing Scioscia, my issue is thinking this group of guys would be better under other management. Also forget about Aybar leading off, that had zero to do with him being an idiot and bunting. After the first inning he is exactly in the same spot in the lineup when he was a good number 9 hitter. How is it different batting before Kole and Trout batting ninth and batting before Kole and Trout batting lead off. Here's a hint, it's not. He's either having a down year or he's declining. I don't want him to lead off but then again I look at the team and how it's performing and we have only two lead off hitters and they are currently batting 2nd and 3rd.

I have zero issues with replacing Scioscia, my issue is thinking this group of guys would be better under other management. Also forget about Aybar leading off, that had zero to do with him being an idiot and bunting. After the first inning he is exactly in the same spot in the lineup when he was a good number 9 hitter. How is it different batting before Kole and Trout batting ninth and batting before Kole and Trout batting lead off. Here's a hint, it's not. He's either having a down year or he's declining. I don't want him to lead off but then again I look at the team and how it's performing and we have only two lead off hitters and they are currently batting 2nd and 3rd.

Replacing Scioscia is more because his act has run stale. It just is not working. He may still be a good manager, but let him go prove that somewhere else. Get some new blood in here.

That's a good way to look at it if you want, but the fact is, Aybar will get more or the same amount of AB's as every single player on the roster. Is that what we want? Move Kole back to LO with Trout and Pujols to follow. Having Aybar at the top followed by those three is literally idiotic when you could just have him bat ninth and take one AB away from him. That would be ideal.

Edited by robblin17

So if Mike is bored why wouldn't he opt out? Do you honestly think he can't get more years and more money than he's guaranteed with the Angels after this year? Like I said in another thread he is no different than Greinke, they both could opt out. Only difference is Mike isn't an injury risk.

I'm actually not sure. The trend seems to be more younger managers on short deals with cushy buyouts. Joe Maddon was the hottest property last off season and he only matched Mike's salary. I think he's tapped out the managerial market.

I'm actually not sure. The trend seems to be more younger managers on short deals with cushy buyouts. Joe Maddon was the hottest property last off season and he only matched Mike's salary. I think he's tapped out the managerial market.

My guess is the starting point to get Scioscia would be to match what he had remaining on his deal, that would be the start of the discussions.

Scioscia did not call for the bunt and even if he did it's not playing for the tie because we would have the go ahead run at third. You guys who want your manager to talk shit on their players are ridiculous. The only purpose it serves is to make you guys feel like he's doing something. The negatives of that approach far outweigh the positives.

All I want to see is the results. You say he is different behind closed doors, well if that's true then it's it's not working since this team has been horrible fundamentally for a while now.

You guys should follow one or more of the other teams out there and you may find after a series of games you've witnessed as much, if not more idiocy out there. Make it month commitment of just following another franchise, hang out on their message boards and see if you are agreeing or not with their insights into their own team.

Lol @ it doesn't matter who bats leadoff after the first inning. If Calhoun was in Aybars spot I guarantee we wouldn't have seen an idiotic pop up bunt when all we needed was a base hit or fly ball. It just doesn't work with Aybar there, period. The numbers don't lie.

By the way this is one of the only teams I've seen that blows more bunt situations than I've ever seen. Popping them up, getting doubled off anyway, not even advancing the runner, I mean, what is this shit?

All you have to do is watch the GD top half of the effing ball! F***!