• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite comedians/comedy bits (NSFW)

I've been listening to a lot of stand-up lately and man, there's a lot of good stuff out there.  Recently discovered Neal Brennan.  He does a great bit on black friends.  Here's part of it, the only part I could find - if you get a chance to hear the rest of it it do so because it gets even better:

Doug Stanhope - this is where the NSFW comes in.  Doug seems more like a social commentary than comedy and his stuff is very hit-or-miss, but when he's on he's brilliant.  This is one of those brilliant and brilliantly obscene bits.  Again, NSFW:

First one was funny. I turned the second one off. I think you've posted it before and both times I found it weak. I usually like the social commentary stuff like what Bill Burr does, but that dude went Dane Cook long winded rambling about different aspects of the same topic...just overkill.

Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" is tops in my book. Soooo many quotes from that stand up that I still use.

Some other great stand ups are Jamie Foxx "I might need security" and Lewis Black "Red White and Screwed".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Est8nKEpJI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff3jMktieTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMm7StiCSPE

• 4 years later...

This is dope. He shooting to be one of the next big ones because of his method of shooting these and putting them up for free on YouTube and making the podcast circuit while touring non-stop.

He finds out that the new Chappelle special is going to drop the same day as this set, so he joking does a whole set of crowd work. The hardest thing to do in comedy is just freestyle like this and make it work.

I still go to comedy shows, but listen to a ton of comedy podcasts. This bit from Joey Diaz is one of the funniest things I have ever heard and it's three parts. You can literally Google Joey Diaz funniest moments on Youtube and just go down the rabbit hole.

Here's a quick two minute of Theo Von. His standup is next level.

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Man this was brutal. I've accidentally gone into some open mics and you see this beginner nervousness all the time. If their opener bombs you just see it go down in flames while eating a bag of dicks.

Of you can eat complete shit for 5 minutes and stay with it you can literally do anything in life

51 minutes ago, Adam said:

Of you can eat complete shit for 5 minutes and stay with it you can literally do anything in life

100%. And it's generally the same awkward social types. You can tell because you see who's sociable and funny after, or who hangs out. The ones who can pull through or hang with it learn some good life lessons.

I never want to see someone bomb, but I like to see who and how they handle it. I've seen Kirk Fox at the Comedy Store multiple times. I've seen him level a room and at worst just have a great set. But one night the room was just not feeling him and we was getting no laughs and just eaten alive. It was cool to see him work through it and be a pro....and be able to see him laugh at his bombing.

Same with dudes trying new material. Fun to see it being worked through...I think you and I talked about this for a Bert Kreischer show I went to.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

100%. And it's generally the same awkward social types. You can tell because you see who's sociable and funny after, or who hangs out. The ones who can pull through or hang with it learn some good life lessons.

I never want to see someone bomb, but I like to see who and how they handle it. I've seen Kirk Fox at the Comedy Store multiple times. I've seen him level a room and at worst just have a great set. But one night the room was just not feeling him and we was getting no laughs and just eaten alive. It was cool to see him work through it and be a pro....and be able to see him laugh at his bombing.

Same with dudes trying new material. Fun to see it being worked through...I think you and I talked about this for a Bert Kreischer show I went to.

Yeah Bert was amazing before he was a headliner. Amazing story teller

13 hours ago, Adam said:

I saw Mike Birbiglia (sp?) absolutely eat dick for his entire hour set. The audience was booing and leaving and I was dying. It was the best

Brutal. I think I have only left once for an hour headliner, and so did others. But I want to say it was one of those random mid-week Improv shows where they give you tix for free with a promo code.....but strangely also got Greg Fitzsimmons tix the same way for free and he's a murderer.

I think the worst I ever saw was at the Comedy Store where there was just an absolute murderers row of comics who all crushed. Then this one dude goes on and bombs so bad and deflates the room that people start to get up and leave. I remember the dude even apologizes for bombing when he finishes and brings up the next comic, but the damage was done. Like half the audience that's left gets up to leave and incoming comic rushes to the mic to plead for people to stay. The look of the dude that bombed leaving the stage looked like a career ender while the chick that was incoming pleading for people to stay and being frantic was something else.

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

Man this was brutal. I've accidentally gone into some open mics and you see this beginner nervousness all the time. If their opener bombs you just see it go down in flames while eating a bag of dicks.

It looked like the guy was a very good actor.   He played the role perfectly,  even down to pulling the cards out of his pocket near the end.  He nailed it.