• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite comedians/comedy bits (NSFW)

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Right now there are four guys I would pay to see, Tom Segura, Dave Chapelle, Theo Von and Nate Bargatze.  There may be more but those are the four off the top of my head.  I saw Segura last year, I am seeing Bargatze next month.  I will try to see Chapelle sooner rather than later.  He was just in So Cal, but I couldn’t move things around at work to go see him.  

Chapelle should be easy. Just offer the In N Out truck for his next friend's and family gathering and your in the party. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, Blarg said:

Shock humor loses it's appeal after about 5 minutes of the same direction for every joke.

Well, it's obvious you didn't watch this nor even watch the said 5 minutes. Or this is the worst description I've ever seen.....or the equivalent of someone reading the headlines and acting like they know what's going on.

On 4/6/2023 at 4:08 AM, Lou said:

Thought about watching this but I've only seen him on podcasts and have never found him funny. 

I like him by himself more than the Legion of Skanks stuff. I saw a Legion of Skanks event at The Comedy Store years ago because Joey Diaz (still the only standing ovation I've ever seen at a comedy show) and Bert were the headliners.....Bert ended up being replace by Hinchcliffe. Just an overall great show and Big Jay hit it out of the park that night and did solid on this special. There is an old Bertcast with Big Jay, Hinchcliffe, and Sal Vulcano that was a very solid podcast episode. I listen to the Legion of Skanks sparingly, but like(d) him with Dan Soder on the XM/Sirius show......Dan recently left and now it's Bobby Kelly. He's also always a good guest on pods.

This special had great production (I guess Ari Schaffir produced and directed the whole thing) and flowed well. I put it up there with Shane Gillis YT special last year or the year before. This also had a ton of crowd work that reminded me of that epic Andrew Schulz crowd work special from a year or two ago....the one that dropped the same day as Chappelle.

I've always liked how he layered his jokes and stacks punchlines. You can tell he is a NY comic that came up with and was influenced by Dave Attell and Patrice O'Neal. 

Lowkey loving this show. The premise is random people get their name pull out of a hat and have 1 minute to do stand up time. Tony brings heavy hitters like David Lucas (who was in the Planters roasting Super Bowl commercial) into the mix and it turns into a roast battle. Ari went blank, but Big Jay held his own and Tony always has the juice because he lives in this world.

Also, the new John Mulaney special is on Netflix. Dude has my favorite bit of all time.

I literally stole the premise and did this with @JasonMBrennan when we would meet up and I told the bartenders what I was going to do and they thought it was hilarious. Don't want to ruin the joke in the video, but replace Tom Jones with Whitney Houston "I'm Every Woman". I even randomly ran into said bartender during Covid lock down at Paul's in Orange Circle and he remembered this joke almost 10 years later and bought me a drink because of it.

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Also, the new John Mulaney special is on Netflix. Dude has my favorite bit of all time.

I literally stole the premise and did this with @JasonMBrennan when we would meet up and I told the bartenders what I was going to do and they thought it was hilarious. Don't want to ruin the joke in the video, but replace Tom Jones with Whitney Houston "I'm Every Woman". I even randomly ran into said bartender during Covid lock down at Paul's in Orange Circle and he remembered this joke almost 10 years later and bought me a drink because of it.

The place we stay at in Chicago is a couple blocks from the Salt & Pepper Diner.  Sadly it didn’t survive COVID.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw Taylor Tomlinson’s new hour in KC tonight. Really really really good. Her stage presence, material, timing, feel, etc… are just top notch. Whenever I see a comic’s new material I kinda expect to be disappointed, and this was like the polar opposite of that.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to say this dude is the next big thing as I've seen him everywhere getting the bump in the comedy world, but this video has over 100k views and he's already at the Andrew Schulz level of fast rising and top tier comedians. This crowd work special was top notch and is all over the place, in a good way, because of what the crowd throws at him. He used to be on a hit MTV improv show and this is his wheelhouse. He delivered.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think he’s a funny guy but do crowd work guys get the same level of respect from comedians as guys who write an hours worth of material?

That’s a good question. I imagine opinions on crowd work comics vary depending upon who you ask in that world, though I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people look down on them a bit. That said, being really good at crowd work has to take a lot of talent and skill. I’m sure there are hacks that kinda give everyone else in the genre a bad name, but the high-end crowd work guys deserve plenty of respect for their craft.