• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite comedians/comedy bits (NSFW)

I actually feel a bit different. I actually have had a hard time with many hour sets recently. He’s right that there weren’t any keel over moments. But I laughed or chuckled more than most hour sets.

I then tried to watch Anthony Jesselniks new one and turned it off halfway through.

Alonzo Boden has one on Amazon that was before or after Gaffigan’s new one as Amazon jump in the stand up arena.

Curious to see Bill Burr’s new one next week on Netflix.

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That's what I was wondering about the Chapelle special. It just felt flat and without him really being behind his comedy. I felt like it was too rehearsed and self censored. 

They all are. You flesh out your bits for your hour then take it on tour and record one of the final ones.

The comedian and the producers or places like Netflix aren’t going to just wing it.

Bill Burrs podcast talks a little about his process to get from trying out jokes, building the hour, and running with it as somewhat of a test pilot to a special.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I can't believe Anthony Jesselnik is a comedian. It's just him talking. Where are the jokes? 

It’s weird dude. I never heard his comedy before, but have seen him on a few podcasts. Joey Diaz said his special was the best until he saw Chappell’s, so I gave it a go.

I get that it’s an act...the whole cocky/arrogant thing, but it comes across in the podcast and he’s becoming a caricature of himself the same way Dice Clay did. It’s just weird watching him.

I was never into one liners and dudes like Hedberg, but that’s what Jeselnik does. I think for that form he did a really good job, but isn’t likable at all. I will say it was a good special if you like that type of comedy.

I’d actually be curious to hear your opinion on his opening bits.

Robert Schimmel was my guy. I saw him on some obscure vhs when I was a kid (way too raunchy for a kid to watch).

Stole a particular joke, used it all growing up, no idea who he was. 

One night I just finished sexing a girlfriend, and his HBO show came on. Im laying there with her, pretending to sleep, trying not to laugh, because she was a nice girl (for where i grew up), and hes telling this super nasty jokes.

Then he tells the one id stolen from him, and i jump up all excited. THATS THE GUY!!!

I went to one of his shows a few years later, and afterwards met him at the meet and greet. Told him the story, he thought it was awesome. I ended up going w him to a bar next door and having a few drinks.

He died shortly after. Sad as hell. Beat cancer and 2 heart attacks, died in a car accident as a passenger.

The new Bill Burr one is great. Better than his last one for sure. Never get how people compare him to Louis CK unless it’s the red hair thing. The new Gaffigan is good.. Never made it all the way through his last 2. Jeselnik I made it about 15 minutes into his new one. Sebastian’s new special was enjoyable as well  

I highly recommend watching Nate Bargatze on Netflix. Dude is hilarious and about to blow up. Saw him in Irvine recently. 

Amd if if you guys haven’t mentioned Tom Segura yet check him out   

Damn, didn’t know Bargatze was out here.

Last one I tried to go to was Theo Von at Brea, but he cancelled last minute and we got stuck watching some Hispanic based comedians.

Speaking of which, that was my first time at the updated Brea Improv. I hadn’t been out there since the old spot with HD and ironically we saw Bill Burr.

17 hours ago, Hot Damn! said:

The new Bill Burr one is great. Better than his last one for sure. Never get how people compare him to Louis CK unless it’s the red hair thing.

I don't know, I think there is some similarity. Both are "regular guys" with personality issues...wait, that's most comedians. Both are thoughtful (especially Louis). Both center their acts on their personality flaws: Louis' shame and hedonic nature, Burr's anger. 

Louis CK is still my all-time favorite, but Burr is definitely one of my favorites. I'm guessing their fan-bases are a Venn diagram with a ton of overlap.

I watched my first Joe Rogan special. I'm a fan of his podcast, and liked a lot of his cultural views and observations in his comedy, but didn't find him all that funny. Funny in moments, but something about his delivery - I don't know. On an artistic level he's nowhere near the level of Louis CK, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, etc.

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I watched my first Joe Rogan special. I'm a fan of his podcast, and liked a lot of his cultural views and observations in his comedy, but didn't find him all that funny. Funny in moments, but something about his delivery - I don't know. On an artistic level he's nowhere near the level of Louis CK, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, etc.

100%

love him but he doesn’t make laugh