• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Suspension Rumors/Speculations (post updates here)

Lou

Have a "report" of what Hamilton's suspension will/might be?  

Post them here...

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-angels-josh-hamilton-suspension-drug-relapse-022615

"...Hamilton is likely to be suspended for at least 25 games but less than a full season, sources say. Because of various complexities, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred is not close to a decision. Moreover, the MLB Players Association, acting on Hamilton's behalf, would appeal any penalty it deems to be too harsh."

Thanks for posting this article. This article helps us all understand the differences between the PED penalties and the Prohibited Substances Penalties. All I have read indicates that the substance involved is Cocaine which is the latter. As I read the article and the MLB Drug Policy, 60 days is the most that a player may be in treatment over his career before losing his entire salary. As the article pointsout it is unclear whether the previous 2 year program will count towards this 60 days.

He really needs to take more time to get his life back together. Like a full season of rehab. We have seen the article where one of his friends suggests this or retiring.

Not rush right back after the suspension. He will be rusty and MS will play him so he can so called "work his way into shape". All the while possibly costing us crucial wins that would effect the Angels in the standings. And affecting Josh's mental outlook on the game.

The Angels need not do this in a dysfunctional manner and address this properly.

I think a huge part of it comes down to the following two questions: how long after he confessed was his next scheduled drug test? And how long are the drugs detectable in his system?

If it is likely that Josh would have been caught regardless of his admission, I would not expect to see much leniency given. And if this is his second positive "test" for a banned drug, I don't see how he can get less than half a season.

I think a huge part of it comes down to the following two questions: how long after he confessed was his next scheduled drug test? And how long are the drugs detectable in his system?

If it is likely that Josh would have been caught regardless of his admission, I would not expect to see much leniency given. And if this is his second positive "test" for a banned drug, I don't see how he can get less than half a season.

If this is treated as a 2nd violation of Using a Prohibited Substance then 25 games is the max suspension. There is no indication that this would be treated as a 3rd violation which could cause an 80 game suspension. All of these possible penalties would follow his return from the DL. The League is assuming that he came forward because he knew the testing would be positive so there is no question of leniency for turning himself in. The rules for PED usage are the ones with the stiffer penalties and no leniency as they give the player an advantage. The rules for prohibited substances are much more able to be utilized in a lenient or forgiving manner as they are more concerned with the player getting treatment and hopefully getting well.

Ken Rosenthal on MLB Network is reporting that despite his having been a minor leaguer when he was banned, he was on a 40 man roster and thus was subject to MLB rules.   He's also saying the commish is toeing a fine line in part because all of Hamilton's relapses have come while he wasn't playing baseball and there is concern not letting him play would only lead to an even uglier place....

Edited by Inside Pitch