• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Suspension Rumors/Speculations (post updates here)

Lou

So everybody is forthcoming and tells the truth at all times? 

I think a reasonable person would have to question the sequence of events, as reported, related to that September 16 game.  Nothing adds up about that story. 

Only 5 days removed from Sept 11th too... hmmm.....

So everybody is forthcoming and tells the truth at all times?

I think a reasonable person would have to question the sequence of events, as reported, related to that September 16 game. Nothing adds up about that story.

So you automatically go to a conspiracy that includes Hamilton, The Angels and MLB. How bout before we go to the extent of creating a conspiracy we wait until there is an actual announcement.

I don't think there was a coverup or a conspiracy but I do think something about it is not what it seems. If Hamilton was really having severe chest pain that was radiating to his shoulder and arm and interfering with breathing, he really SHOULD have been in the ER. Nobody plays around with that sort of thing. Even if he wasn't using at the time - cocaine can cause permanent damage to the heart, so his past use could have had long-term effects, unfortunately.

I can't see the Angels trainers or Scioscia letting him continue to play with that sort of pain - they would have packed him in an ambulance immediately the second he said he had chest pain and trouble breathing, because that's too serious to just write off to his shoulder injury. I also can't see Hamilton being brainless enough to ignore major heart attack warning signs. So I think it was something that may have been embellished.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

So you automatically go to a conspiracy that includes Hamilton, The Angels and MLB. How bout before we go to the extent of creating a conspiracy we wait until there is an actual announcement.

It's not really a conspiracy since (as you pointed out) no official announcement or explanation has been offered.  All we have are unsubstantiated rumors, so maybe the part about him relapsing is false as well? 

AngelsSurfer summed up the problems with the story concerning the September 16th game.  Whether it has any relation to the suspension talks is not the point.  No competent medical professional is going to dismiss difficulty breathing coupled with chest pain.  They would have sent him to the ER immediately.  So either the media completely botched the story (always possible) or Hamilton and the Angels were not being truthful about what happened that day.  If the latter is true, the question is why? 

Hamilton is tested 3 times a week during the season. so there was no way he was doing any cocaine in September.

I assume his confession was very close to the time he lapsed, because he's tested so often and didn't fail a test.

Hamilton is an alcoholic and that's what I believe his September issue involved.

Is there testing for alcohol because that's the root of his problem. Is alcohol an illegal or a banned substance in Major League Baseball? I don't think so. 

It's a cross addiction and alcohol is a common trigger for cocaine use. He could have started moderate drinking during the season and then slowly it took over and pushed him back to cocaine usage.

Hamilton is tested 3 times a week during the season. so there was no way he was doing any cocaine in September.

I assume his confession was very close to the time he lapsed, because he's tested so often and didn't fail a test.

Can you shed some light on the nature of Josh's drug testing?

I thought drug and alcohol testing using hair samples was more reliable and went back further in time (i.e. 90 days).  Being tested 3 times a week probably means he does urine samples.  Yes/no?  How do we know Josh hasn't found a way to beat the tests?  It's not like this practice isn't unprecedented in MLB.  For the right price guys like Anthony Bosch will come out of the woodwork and find ways to overcome positive test results. 

He pees in a cup three times a week. I have been talking to him several times when he excused himself to go pee in a cup.

I suppose it's possible he has found a way to beat the test but most of the masking things I've heard of are to cover up PEDs. I'm not sure if there's a way to cover up cocaine.

I heard his relapse happened recently. I really don't believe it was in September.

He pees in a cup three times a week. I have been talking to him several times when he excused himself to go pee in a cup.

I suppose it's possible he has found a way to beat the test but most of the masking things I've heard of are to cover up PEDs. I'm not sure if there's a way to cover up cocaine.

I heard his relapse happened recently. I really don't believe it was in September.

Jeff: Any thoughts on suspension length/possibilities? Guess on what Manfred does?

Does a clubhouse attendant or coach monitor him closely during the test?

Is he tested for alcohol?

The guy from the company that does the tests actually stands next to the urinal and watches them pee. We often joke about what it must be like to have that job.

Interesting.  So they contract with a company to meet Hamilton wherever he happens to be for a urine sample?

I actually don't think he relapsed with drugs in September either - it could have been alcohol, and it would be plausible, but I don't know and there's no way of knowing. And I think that whatever happened, it was on HIM, not the Angels organization.

I do think that something was very visbly up with him, though. Whatever that was, I don't know, but he seemed completely indifferent and disconnected to the team. And I also think that when he played poorly and the press asked about it, there is a distinct possibility that he exaggerated an existing injury or just made shit up - hence the whole thing about not being able to breathe/chest pain/etc. I have to think that was hyperbole because as mentioned, if he'd actually had chest pain and shortness of breath he would have been sent to the ER in about two seconds.

The question that hasn't been answered in terms of the current situation is whether he is tested during the off season. If he's not been tested since October, it means there were several months there where he was not actively being monitored for drugs three times a week. And if that's the case, it would make sense that he admitted his relapse to MLB now - he knew the drug testing was going to start back up when full-roster spring training began, and then they would find out anyway. 

Edited by AngelsSurfer

"Josh Hamilton" has 12 letters. The 12th letter of the alphabet is L. L = Lizards. Lizards = Reptilians. Reptilians = Illuminati.

Josh Hamilton = Illuminati. Wake. Up.

SHEEPLE.

"Josh Hamilton" has 12 letters. The 12th letter of the alphabet is L. L = Lizards. Lizards = Reptilians. Reptilians = Illuminati.

Josh Hamilton = Illuminati. Wake. Up.

SHEEPLE.

Edited by Poozy

Cocaine is usually out of your system in 24 hours. Combining it with alcohol will form certain compounds that remain in the body a little longer. Doing cocaine while being subjected to 3 drug tests a week is pretty brazen, but you can do an 8-ball of that devil's dandruff and be good to go in a couple of days.