• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Suspension Rumors/Speculations (post updates here)

Lou

Damn, now i want some coke.

We should all pick up an eight ball and meet at the local dive where we can really talk this thing out.

Say around 8:00ish?  

Edited by Jim

I wonder if chest pain/difficulty breathing is common after snorting cocaine. Those are not ailments that are normal by any means.

Cocaine can make the heart race, cause irregular heartbeats, increase blood pressure, and give users heart attacks. So it absolutely could cause chest pain. 

Edited by AngelsSurfer

I wonder if chest pain/difficulty breathing is common after snorting cocaine. Those are not ailments that are normal by any means.

Anywhere else if you have difficulty breathing or chest pain, the paramedics usually rush you to the hospital out of concern you might be having a heart attack. 

It's hard to fathom the Angels permitting him to play if he really felt that way.

How's this for another possibility. The Angels/MLB/Hamilton knew about the problem in September and manufactured a phony injury to protect him? The chain of events doesn't add up:

His shoulder pain in early September seems legit. He returns for a single game on September 16th despite having chest and ribcage pains the previous day. He claims it got so bad it "hurt to breathe". That's interesting because he had three plate appearances on the 16th and wasn't removed as DH until the 9th inning.

That doesn't sound like he was hurting much on the 16th. When asked about the injury and possibly missing the postseason, Hamilton plays dumb about whether it's a short-term or long-term setback.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://calltothepen.com/2014/09/19/josh-hamilton-miss-postseason/

Even though it it took ten games on Monday there was talk of Hamilton returning to the lineup soon. He worked out with the team Monday and began feeling discomfort near his chest and right rib cage and underneath his armpit, according to MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez.

In the lineup Tuesday for the first time in almost two weeks Hamilton’s symptoms began to worsen. Hamilton later described the feeling,

“As I played, as I ran, as I swung, it got worse and worse, to the point where it hurt to breathe. It just felt like my shoulder blade and everything was pretty locked up.”

Hamilton has now been shutdown for what appears to be the remainder of the regular season, he was asked about the possibility of his being unavailable for the postseason.

“You’re always concerned about it. If I woke up today and felt great, then I wouldn’t be concerned about it,” Hamilton replied. I don’t know what to tell you as far as long-term, short-term or whatever, but I’m going to do whatever I need to do to get back on the field.”

Why does everything need to turn into a conspiracy?

No I just don't necessitate a conspiracy to make sense of situations.

So everybody is forthcoming and tells the truth at all times? 

I think a reasonable person would have to question the sequence of events, as reported, related to that September 16 game.  Nothing adds up about that story.