• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

On 5/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, Blarg said:

My parents used to complain about CSI, their favorite show, because the music and sound efx were so loud while the rest of the show wasn't. I took a trip to their place to hear what they were complaing about and it instantly was obvious what was going on. The show deliverables back then were stereo left/right on channels 1&2 while a split track of stereo music and efx were sent along on tracks 3&4. Somehow the local station mixed all four tracks together which doubles the volume of the efx and music. 

It seems like every show does this these days. I figured it was just my Tv but I've noticed it everywhere. One minute you're focused on a scene, half listening/half reading lips, then the next second you're George McFly when Darth Vader blasts Van Halen into your eardrums

4 hours ago, Adam said:

It seems like every show does this these days. I figured it was just my Tv but I've noticed it everywhere. One minute you're focused on a scene, half listening/half reading lips, then the next second you're George McFly when Darth Vader blasts Van Halen into your eardrums

NCIS New Orleans and Los Angeles are especially guilty of this. a lot of movies do this, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So tomorrow is In N Out’s 71st anniversary.  Each year on our anniversary we invite anyone celebrating a milestone anniversary with the company to be recognized.  Tomorrow we will be celebrating people with 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, 35 years, 40 years, 45 years and 50 years.  I will be getting my 30 year ring, which I will send a picture of in the coming days.  The way it once worked was for 20 years you got a gold ring with a ruby, at 25 years they put a diamond in the middle of the ruby and at 30 years they replaced the ruby with 4 diamonds.  Recently she changed the design of the ring, so I am unsure what it will look like, but it will be gorgeous.  It is being held at the Beverly Hilton and I am sure it will be a great time.  All that being said it sucks that both game one of the World Series and Opening night of the NBA are both tomorrow night.  

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So tomorrow is In N Out’s 71st anniversary.  Each year on our anniversary we invite anyone celebrating a milestone anniversary with the company to be recognized.  Tomorrow we will be celebrating people with 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, 35 years, 40 years, 45 years and 50 years.  I will be getting my 30 year ring, which I will send a picture of in the coming days.  The way it once worked was for 20 years you got a gold ring with a ruby, at 25 years they put a diamond in the middle of the ruby and at 30 years they replaced the ruby with 4 diamonds.  Recently she changed the design of the ring, so I am unsure what it will look like, but it will be gorgeous.  It is being held at the Beverly Hilton and I am sure it will be a great time.  All that being said it sucks that both game one of the World Series and Opening night of the NBA are both tomorrow night.  

I hope the Beverly Hilton has better french fries.

Congratulations!

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh and I think I will be the DM of your local store next year.  

In other words... there will be a little "something extra" in your burger when you drop by...

15 hours ago, Blarg said:

My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend. We had lunch at The Habit on Saturday.  

Congratulations! 

So... you got married right after the Angels 1979 play-off run?

Edited by True Grich

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The World Series used to be over before then. Pirates won game 7 on October 17th. Angels were eliminated before the cake was ordered. 

Bobby Grich was your best man, right?

Weird one. I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and this kid I know posted a gif of a dude with an AR. As I’m scrolling through it happens so quick where the dude puts it next to his dome and pulls the trigger. I keep wanting to think it’s a prop or joke, but the way the dudes body hunches looks like it’s a legit suicide. Talk about shit you never wanted to see or can’t unsee. 

The kid is in high school and usually posts jokes or memes. I was even trying to scroll past it, but it happened so fast. I imagine it’s been reported or pulled by now, but F*ck was that gnarly. It’s still bugging me a bit because of how graphic it was.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:07 PM, Stradling said:

Pics of the ring? How was the evening?