• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

9 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i get my national board results back in 11 hours.  

sent all of my videos and over a hundred pages of writing and student work samples back in may, and finally about to get the results. 

for those who aren't criminally underpaid, what exactly does this mean? 

in a nutshell, we submit about 100 pages of written commentary explaining how our teaching practice impacts our students positively in a variety of settings using student work samples to support it, submit  two 15-minute videos demonstrating our teaching practice in our specific subject areas (mine is English for 14-18 year olds), and show how we work with our colleagues and parents/guardians to impact students in our schools.

costs $2000 to submit our work, but some states (not cali, shocker) give monetary bonuses for certifying. some studies have shown that board certified teachers have a stronger impact on student learning than non-certified teachers.  not many studies, though, because nobody who can afford commissioning a great double-blind, placebo-controlled study is interested in public education (again, shocker). 

it's rigorous enough that most states don't require board certified teachers to go through the process of re-certifying in a new state.

took me 10 minutes to write this which brings my wait time for scores down to a little over an hour.  thank you for the time suck!

I was driving home tonight from a Christmas party and some jackass in a white Hyundai Veloster was racing about 85-90 mph weaving in and out of lanes wildly. I was on the phone with my wife and said, "Damn, I almost got killed by some jackass."

About 8 miles later the freeway comes to an abrupt halt. Still on the phone I tell my wife, "It's probably that asshole and he's taken out four cars but I hope it's just him."

Emergency vehicles and the highway patrol squeezed their way along the emergency lane and I could see it wasn't far ahead but we were dead stopped. About 15 minutes later they cleared one lane for traffic and inching along I see it was the jackass in the Veloster, it is totaled, the entire front end collapsed into itself and there is four cars destroyed along with it, people receiving medical attention. 

Fuck this guy, I hope he spends the rest of the month in jail busted up and without pain killers. 

So I finished work early today and the older daughter was out with her friends and the little one was at a preschool Christmas party with the nanny and wife at work. I went to one of the local establishments and had a half-order of fish and chips and 3 pints for lunch. My question is whether the 3 hours I then spent sleeping in my recliner is considered a power nap or just a waste of a good afternoon buzz