• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So I finished work early today and the older daughter was out with her friends and the little one was at a preschool Christmas party with the nanny and wife at work. I went to one of the local establishments and had a half-order of fish and chips and 3 pints for lunch. My question is whether the 3 hours I then spent sleeping in my recliner is considered a power nap or just a waste of a good afternoon buzz

Just consider it a perfect workday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lou said:

i really can't get over this. Tank hasn't watched the best baseball movie ever. It's entertaining and family-friendly. 

I won't rest until he watches it. 

I’ve seen it once, many years ago. 

I’d  watch it again but @st1ckboy  can hear my tv from the basement and then he invites himself into the main house and bogarts all of the popcorn. “I just want a little bowl full. Honest.” And then it’s gone and I’m left with a bunch of old maids. Up yours, stick. 

Wait, what were we talking about?

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I’ve seen it once, many years ago. 

I’d  watch it again but @st1ckboy  can hear my tv from the basement and then he invites himself into the main house and bogarts all of the popcorn. “I just want a little bowl full. Honest.” And then it’s gone and I’m left with a bunch of old maids. Up yours, stick. 

Wait, what were we talking about?

the troops.

it's time to bring them home. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

You two should have a watch party. Just don't trust his bean dip, seriously, don't.

Why not? One bowl of my famous bean dip and you’ll be reliving those wonderful memories for the next 6-8 hours. 

And yes, I mean Joni Mitchell kind of wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

Why not? One bowl of my famous bean dip and you’ll be reliving those wonderful memories for the next 6-8 hours. 

And yes, I mean Joni Mitchell kind of wonderful.

I find that hard to believe.

you want to know what we call bean dip? 

beans 

It just hit me that tonight my Mom spends her first Christmas Eve without her husband of 65 years and wakes without a need to make him breakfast Christmas morning. 

I remember back on Christmas day, the 6 of us kids waiting outside their door for 6am, the hour they said we could get them up to start opening packages. They were always already awake and my Dad would put on a show about how it was too early. 

We would all march downstairs together and nothing could start before Dad got his first cup of coffee and we would stare at that chrome coffee pot and wait to see the water bubble up through the glass topper. Knowing in minutes it would be ready and we could start pulling boxes out from under the tree. 

After the unwrapping there was cleanup while Mom made breakfast. Sweet rolls, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes and toast. So much food, so much laughter and talking and now... 

Her first Christmas all alone.

I talked to her tonight and tomorrow when all of the boys are here we will talk again. We will be having the Christmas party she no longer enjoys and it makes me sad that they had moved so far away and that part of our lives is only a phone call. One day that may be us, seperated from our sons and only a phone call on Christmas. 

Sigh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, Blarg said:

It just hit me that tonight my Mom spends her first Christmas Eve without her husband of 65 years and wakes without a need to make him breakfast Christmas morning. 

I remember back on Christmas day, the 6 of us kids waiting outside their door for 6am, the hour they said we could get them up to start opening packages. They were always already awake and my Dad would put on a show about how it was too early. 

We would all march downstairs together and nothing could start before Dad got his first cup of coffee and we would stare at that chrome coffee pot and wait to see the water bubble up through the glass topper. Knowing in minutes it would be ready and we could start pulling boxes out from under the tree. 

After the unwrapping there was cleanup while Mom made breakfast. Sweet rolls, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes and toast. So much food, so much laughter and talking and now... 

Her first Christmas all alone.

I talked to her tonight and tomorrow when all of the boys are here we will talk again. We will be having the Christmas party she no longer enjoys and it makes me sad that they had moved so far away and that part of our lives is only a phone call. One day that may be us, seperated from our sons and only a phone call on Christmas. 

Sigh. 

The holidays can be so great, yet so depressing Blarg.  This is my first Christmas without my father, who passed away in October from liver cancer.  My father was my best friend, my mentor, my baseball and wrestling coach, my biggest cheerleader at my sporting events growing up, and my Angels season ticket partner for the last 18 years.  He was an amazing father, and an amazing man. 

Like us, he was highly critical of his beloved Angels and very critical of management.  We renewed our tickets again this year and we plan to continue in his memory until we decide we're done.

You're story struck a chord with me brother and I hope your family was able to get through this with the awesome memories you described.  It really brought me back to my childhood.  Thanks, Blarg

097.jpg