• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, notherhalo said:

The next bond actress is going to be a lady it seems.  If she gets wasted and bangs a bunch of dudes, its like every gf Ive had was also fit for the role.  

It will be a good movie based on the “every other” theory of Star Trek movies...save Nemesis, the worst of the even numbered.  The odd numbered Craig ones are the best.  Ditto the the theme songs.  RIP Chris Cornell.

I have to put an in memory of card in the next episode of Bachelor in Paradise. It's the second one in five years. 

One of our talented story people felt chest pains at work and decided to drive himself to the hospital emergency ward to have it checked out. He didn't make it, along the way he suffered a major heart attack and crashed. The paramedics got him to emergency as quick as possible but by then irreversible damage had been done, the order from the family to take him off life support happened Tuesday. 

He started as a show runner in production. Moved into post and was an edit assist for a short while then became an assistant to one of the Co-Executive producers before moving into story where he flourished. 

He was way too young to check out this early. Turned out his father had died of a heart attack in his late 30's as well. 

condolences, blarg.

there has been a staggering amount of loss to people in my circle of friends over the last 12 months. my wife and I have lost 7 family members since last October. lots of my friends have lost not only parents or siblings, but also a lot of pets. I can't recall ever seeing anything like this in my life.

one popular way they sell beer in Russia and other CIS countries, is you walk into the place, bring whatever container you want and its priced per liter, or something

They should do this in the USA, since people want to reduce straws and bags, they can reduce all the other packaging used.   I guess some small hipster breweries do this with "growlers" ?

image.png

I really get disappointed when people can't do the right thing. For the second time in a month someone rear ended my car on the 10 fwy as I was headed home in bumper to bumper traffic. 

Last month I got hit by some guy in a beater Toyota that braked late and hit the back end of my wife's Mini Cooper. I got out, looked and didn't see any damage so I waved him off and we went on our way. That was a $1,100 mistake, I didn't see the backup camera was broken.

Friday my Mercedes was hit by a woman in a Honda Accord. Again, dead stopped in traffic and smacked. This time it was definitely damage but I forgot to pull my phone off the charger to get a quick pic of the driver and car. I looked, yup, the bumper was damaged so I pointed to the emergency lane so can exchange info. I went back to grab my phone but she was already moving over lanes so I hoped in the car and followed.

She gets to the emergency lane on the right and keeps driving so I figure she's looking for an offramp. Then she bolted, driving so fast and reckless I wasn't about to risk it chasing her and lost the car in traffic. Shit.

So I'm driving along looking and on the phone with 911 to report a hit and run, they told me to pull over and the CHP will take a report. I give them the location and pull over in a wide section of the emergency lane and wait.

Here is where faith in humanity is restored. A large service truck with a big tank on the back pulls over in front of me and honks his horn. I get out and a guy named Jairo says, I got her plate number. Holy shit, he gives me get plate, confirms the car make and color along with a driver description, how she had blew through traffic and took the toll road to escape. Then he came his name and phone number to use as a witness.

After calling my insurance and reporting the incident, no CHP has shown up and this is 45 minutes later and I needed to be somewhere else so today I have to drive out to Baldwin Park and file a claim. 

Yes, she is Asian. And she went in and filed a false report to the CHP that she pulled over and said there was no damage. I came in just after she left and the desk officer knew what accident I was reporting. He told me her story and I laughed. I explained I had a witness to her fleeing the scene and he laughed. She doubled down on stupid and now, if I get any static from her insurance, I'm going to have the lying shit arrested. 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I have the worst swamp ass today. Every time I sit down I get a waft of sweaty asshole. It's like popping a bubble filled with shit.

thank goodness we're merely cyber friends and not next door neighbors.

Growing up in Fullerton I played in Golden Hill Little league. Damn I loved that. The field was off of Brea Blvd as it makes it's way down to Harbor.

I remember one year we had one of those kids that was over large for his age, he was a good 4 inches taller than anyone else. He hit a ball that cleared the left field scoreboard and landed in the street in the housing track down below. 

Anyway, those were good times and last Sunday the Golden Hill Junior League (age 12-14) beat Puerto Rico 8-3 for the league World Series after a 3 hour weather delay. There is a parade scheduled Thursday at 4:30 at Lions Field.

ECS_gZXWsAYo7K8?format=jpg&name=medium

On 8/21/2019 at 8:13 AM, Blarg said:

Growing up in Fullerton I played in Golden Hill Little league. Damn I loved that. The field was off of Brea Blvd as it makes it's way down to Harbor.

I remember one year we had one of those kids that was over large for his age, he was a good 4 inches taller than anyone else. He hit a ball that cleared the left field scoreboard and landed in the street in the housing track down below. 

Anyway, those were good times and last Sunday the Golden Hill Junior League (age 12-14) beat Puerto Rico 8-3 for the league World Series after a 3 hour weather delay. There is a parade scheduled Thursday at 4:30 at Lions Field.

ECS_gZXWsAYo7K8?format=jpg&name=medium

I played one year in Golden Hills little league.  When we played the only thing I really remember about the field is there were oil derricks, right by the field.  I think the field was off of Bastancherry?  I would have been in 8th grade so 1984ish.