• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

My parents used to complain about CSI, their favorite show, because the music and sound efx were so loud while the rest of the show wasn't. I took a trip to their place to hear what they were complaing about and it instantly was obvious what was going on. The show deliverables back then were stereo left/right on channels 1&2 while a split track of stereo music and efx were sent along on tracks 3&4. Somehow the local station mixed all four tracks together which doubles the volume of the efx and music. 

29 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am partially deaf and require hearing aids. 

And I say stupid things... which makes any message board a place full of land mines for me.

kYqDeN.gif

On 5/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, Blarg said:

My parents used to complain about CSI, their favorite show, because the music and sound efx were so loud while the rest of the show wasn't. I took a trip to their place to hear what they were complaing about and it instantly was obvious what was going on. The show deliverables back then were stereo left/right on channels 1&2 while a split track of stereo music and efx were sent along on tracks 3&4. Somehow the local station mixed all four tracks together which doubles the volume of the efx and music. 

That is exactly what I was going to say.  It was so damn obvious.  

famous infant heart surgeon dr. leonard bailey passed away this week. he worked at loma linda university hospital, a centerpiece of the adventist health network. at least one of my friends was on his heart transplant team for a while.

they saved an awful lot of kids and families.

https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/2019/05/12/dr-leonard-bailey-loma-linda-university-surgeon-who-transplanted-baboon-heart-into-infant-baby-fae-dies-at-age-76/?fbclid=IwAR0xnMSh3yLPVT4W0I4ptjzihnXrLpXHCxd-YRySfG8mEtYuenW1_0vDHQQ

3 hours of my classes filmed and analyzed in writing

a total of 125 pages of writing / assessments / evidence of student growth 

at least 150 hours put in over 2 years

have to wait until december to find out if  i certified. F*ck

21 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

3 hours of my classes filmed and analyzed in writing

a total of 125 pages of writing / assessments / evidence of student growth 

at least 150 hours put in over 2 years

have to wait until december to find out if  i certified. F*ck

That’s a lot of work for a $300 yearly raise.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

That’s a lot of work for a $300 yearly raise.

10K / year actually

goes down to 5K / year if i end up moving to a school with lower poverty

it's barely worth it, though. if i weren't getting a pay bump, no way i'd do it. costst $2k just to submit, and the cert lasts for 5 years. 

Got my Father’s Day present a few weeks early from my daughter - a season pass to Universal Studios. We’re headed there this afternoon to hang out for a bit and will eat lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened on Friday. Lots of rain predicted so we might have the park to ourselves, relatively speaking.

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

A Sunday on Memorial Day weekend and you think the tourism will be light? Good luck with that.

The rain kept it a bit lighter than I suspect it normally would be. No complaints from us today - things moved quickly enough.

the New Mexican place offered the impossible burger in a couple of its menu items. We got the taco bowl with it and it was good but they made it vegan, leaving off the cheese. It also needed more beans than the three or four they hid in the bottom of the tortilla shell.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:37 AM, Tank said:

Got my Father’s Day present a few weeks early from my daughter - a season pass to Universal Studios. We’re headed there this afternoon to hang out for a bit and will eat lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened on Friday. Lots of rain predicted so we might have the park to ourselves, relatively speaking.

Is parking included with the pass?  Every time I go it almost kills me to whip out a $20. 

But then again I'm not rich.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Is parking included with the pass?  Every time I go it almost kills me to whip out a $20. 

But then again I'm not rich.

parking is included. we got the platinum pass which also includes front-of-the-line stuff, the universal equivalent of a disney fast pass.

and mr. getty, parking is now $25...

8 hours ago, Tank said:

parking is included. we got the platinum pass which also includes front-of-the-line stuff, the universal equivalent of a disney fast pass.

and mr. getty, parking is now $25...

Do they still have the Jaws ride?

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Do they still have the Jaws ride?

yes, but it's part of the tram tour around the studio back lots where they film, not an individual ride on it's own.

they have two rides in harry potter land - one of them was really fascinating. not sure how to describe it other than to say you're in an individual motion simulator that moves along like roller coaster but goes through the motions of a simulator (that probably doesn't make a lot of sense - it's a good ride, so just get your butt on it and enjoy). the other ride there is an outdoor family friendly roller coaster. you need to be the size of an 8 year old to fit in it, however.

they have a ride based on the The Mummy movie franchise. I didn't like it because it really jerks you around and it hurt my knees.

there's a Transformers ride that's pretty good. it goes forwards and backwards.

there's a minions ride that's a motion simulator and is pretty good.

there's jurassic park the ride. it's a water boat ride that they're almost finished re-doing. it was a good ride but they decided to upgrade it based on the recent jurassic world movies. it'll reopen sometime this summer. junior and i are planning to be there to ride it as soon as the date is announced.

probably the funniest ride is the simpsons. it's a motion simulator and it's hilarious. take all of the virtuous things you try to teach your kids and emphasize in life and throw them away - this ride is a throw back to when the simpsons first came on tv. it's irreverant and has all kinds of sight gags. well worth your time.

they also have an interactive ride in a theater for kung foo panda. if you remember captain eo at disneyland, it's similar to that.

the waterworld show continues. it was a very meh kind of movie but the live action show is pretty good. expect to get splashed repeatedly.

lots and lots of food options. some pretty good choices available. it also dumps you out in universal city walk with all of it's ammenitites, including restaurants and theaters. the only downside there is a store dedicated to the dodgers and another store dedicated to the raiders. idiots.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Those motion simulator rides get me so sick.  Signs of getting old.

old? aren't you like 24?

i no longer like rides that thrash you around all over the place or cause my knees to hurt. at disneyland, i'm done with indiana jones, star tours, and the matterhorn.