• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serial - Anybody else listening? (SPOILERS)

I finished the series last night.  I might be the only one who wasn't all that intrigued with Serial.  I finished the last few episodes more out of duty to finish the episodes rather than because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen.

The narration stalled about halfway through the series.  I could feel the narrator chick sort of stalling and filling the time with self-imposed rabbit holes.  I doubt I'm the only one who heard it that way.  Half-hour episodes, next time please.  

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/30/exclusive-jay-part-2/

There is a piece on Vulture about this interview that the Rabia chick gets involved with and questions or gives commentary about what she knows and how it doesn't add up to Jays interview.

Jay has an awesome memory of the events of the days before, of and after the murder.  I wish I could remember things so well 15 years later.  

I just read the second interview by Jay. Everything about the guy says he's still the same person he was 15 years ago - the biggest liar/ BS'er in the room. Nobody can get a hold of what really happened that day and it's all because this guy is such a flake. I think they should prosecute him for perjury and give him a few years in prison.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I barely started listening to podcasts so I'm a bit late to the Serial hype. But I listened to seasons 1 and 2 in March and April. Then I found Undisclosed which goes more in depth about Adnan's case. I just finished that. I don't know if others here have listened to that one as well but there are some very interesting things that were brought up that weren't touched on in serial (or that I don't remember). I'll put my summary in spoiler tags in case anyone is unaware of that podcast and wants to give that one a listen 

Spoiler

Timeline for those that forget and so I can remember

Hae killed on January 13th. Hae's body found February 9th. February 28th Adnan arrested

This is going to be out of order from the podcast and going off my memory. If you have the time I would definitely give it a listen.

• The biggest piece of information that was given was on Hae's autopsy. Hae's body showed full fixed frontal lividity. Basically whenever you die your blood will gravitate in whatever direction your body is facing. This process takes 3-4 hours in normal temperatures (70 degrees), but in the cold can take up to 8-10 hours. The fact that Hae has full fixed frontal lividity shows that she was killed and laying dead on her stomach for at the very least 3-4 hours, but considering the weather around the time of her death much longer. This means that the story of her being placed in the trunk of the car doesn't make sense. She was killed at 2:30 and buried by 8, so 5:30 hours. The fixed frontal lividity doesn't make sense with her being pretzel'd up in the trunk of a car. It also doesn't make sense because she was buried on her side, in which case the lividity should have been on her side.
  • Hae also had two massive blows to the head, each appearing to be enough to knock her unconscious.
  • This was the exact spot where Jay led police to Hae's car. This car allegedly sat in this exact spot from January 13th to February 28th. There was a snow storm the day after the car was parked here, yet the car looks remarkably clean and there is still appears to be green grass under the car
  • There was allegedly no signs of theft, yet the piece that needs to be removed in order to hot wire a car was tampered with. 
  • In the taped interview of detectives interviewing Jay you can hear them getting upset with him, you can hear tapping, immediately followed by Jay apologizing and bringing up a topic that he "forgot". Basically he's telling his timeline of events while detectives are asking him question. While Jay is talking you can hear tapping, presumably detectives tapping on a piece of paper, Jay then stops whatever he is saying, apologizes, and then brings up something he forgot. Basically detectives are coaching Jay and telling him what to say. (They bring up a scene from The Wire where this takes place, The Wire is based on true events and takes place in the same area during the same time.
  • Detective McGillivray has a shady past. There is another case where a murder took place, and after two different "witnesses" were charged with drug possession they came forward with information. One was a neighbor that could supposedly see the murder from a window in her apartment, but was later proved she couldn't see anything. The drug possession charges against these people were dropped after they testified. He also did shady things like recommending a lawyer for Jay.
  • Don (Hae's new boyfriend) was working the night she was murdered, but detectives never really pursed his alibi. They call his boss who said he was working at a different store. They requested his work records and that was it. Well the store manager at the store he was filling in for was his mom, the boss that they talked to at his regular store is his mothers girlfriend. They requested his work records, but that didn't include his work at the other store. A new request resulted in another time card being submitted, however this time card had a different employee number on it. Another tidbit he worked 35 something hours at his regular store, and another 8 the night Hae was murdered. He should have received overtime for working over 40 hours. It was not common practice for Lenscrafters to give out two different employee numbers.
  • When the state received the information from AT&T about the cellphone towers it was through a fax. When the state gave the information to Adnan's lawyer it was missing the cover sheet. On the cover sheet it said that "any incoming calls will NOT be considered reliable information for location."
  • When the state requested Adnan's phone records they could have requested it to where incoming phone calls show up on the call log. They only requested it to where outgoing phone calls show up on the phone log. Having incoming phone call phone numbers would either easily prove or disprove Jay's ever changing story.
  • Bilal, the guy who remembers talking to Adnan at the Mosque on Jan 13th because Adnan was leading prayers the next night, was asked random questions at the pretrial. These questions were about his hotel usage over the last 8 years. The day he was set to testify in the regular trial he was arrested for having sexual conduct with a minor. He was later released after it was found out that the person wasn't a minor and he fled the country. Although many people who knew the person say that he was 14 at the time. So what this is saying is that in the pretrial when they asked about his hotel usage they are basically telling him that they knew what he was up to. He was arrested the day of the trial and then released without being charged.
  • There was an anonymous tip that was given on February 1st saying that Adnan was behind her disappearance. This tip eventually led to this person receiving a cash reward. This was before her body was found. This money presumably was eventually paid to Jay. This information has been hidden. The information of this anonymous caller and their identity should have been given to Adnan's defense, but they never even knew that a tip was given in the first place.

• 6 years later...