• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serial - Anybody else listening? (SPOILERS)

This stuff is fascinating. I love how it plays out like a novel, completely with multi-dimensional characters, mixed motives, and skeletons in the closet for almost everyone involved. Jay is such an interesting character. Thuggish black dude who's actually kind of a softie and listens to Rage Against the Machine. The fact that he was a perpetual liar about useless stuff explains why his account of the situation had so many inconsistencies (i.e. Best Buy, the pay phone, smoking weed on those cliffs).

I loved the conversation Sarah played at the end of a recent episode, from one of Adnan and Jay's girl friends, where she was like, "What the @#$!? What the... how could it... I don't... what the @#@%!???!"

You have to wonder what the "conclusion" is going to be. If it turns out that Adnan did do it, it seems like kind of a waste of a story. If it's still a complete mystery in the end, without any of the inconsistencies explained, that would also seem like a waste.

Yeah, I'm not anticipating some revelation. At the end of the day it's someone asking really good questions and challenging what happened in court. I actually think it will be a boring ending where she kind of challenges the audience to make their own conclusion of what happened based on what she provided. Although, that article I posted shows another appeals process being opened up because of her work.

We went through the all episodes over the last few days. Completely hooked...and even started listening to podcasts about the podcast (Slate has one).

I know some people didn't like the innocence project episode...but I took two things out of that episode...1) validation from an expert source that the case was as thin as it was playing out in my mind and most importantly...sometimes innocent people are their own worst advocate...they can't explain away things that to them might have been innocuous or didn't happen. If he didn't make the Nisha phone call...how can he explain it? And that Nisha call has some holes in it, right? Why is she talking about a video store when Jay didn't work at the video store yet? Yet, it seems unlikely Jay called her and talked to her for 2 minutes if he didn't know her beforehand. So, that would put Anan with the phone.

I still don't know what to make about it overall...Jay's story is full of holes, he's more deeply involved in what happens then he lets on. At the moment I'm leaning towards Anan probably had something to do with it, in conjunction with Jay, but not a long the timelines the prosecution laid out. There is little to no chance that could have been done in 21 some odd minutes in the middle of the day in a best buy parking lot.

I will say that, at least how it is presented in the podcast, his lawyer sucked major ass...how in the world could she not have put on a credible defense and put reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

Fascinating stuff. I might go back and listen to them again waiting for next Thursday.

Edited by red321

Yeah, I mean what is the alternate theory of the crime?

Jay kills her for some reason (why?) and frames Adnan. Some other dude, who knows/has something over Jay kills her (why?) and Jay lies about the whole thing to implicate Adnan.

Yeah, I mean what is the alternate theory of the crime?

Jay kills her for some reason (why?) and frames Adnan. Some other dude, who knows/has something over Jay kills her (why?) and Jay lies about the whole thing to implicate Adnan.

Agreed.

But on the flip side, what is Adnan's motive? I'm not buying the jealous boyfriend aspect.

I thought about it actually being someone random or that dude that found the body, but Jay not wanting to talk but leaving some ambiguous comment about the truth makes me think he knows what's up and was in on something.

Agreed.

But on the flip side, what is Adnan's motive? I'm not buying the jealous boyfriend aspect.

I thought about it actually being someone random or that dude that found the body, but Jay not wanting to talk but leaving some ambiguous comment about the truth makes me think he knows what's up and was in on something.

Maybe it was a Muslim thing. Kill the infidel for X, Y or Z