• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what is everyone's thoughts on Obama's plan for ISIS?

Your post was deleted Tobias but I wanted to respond anyways.

Let me get your line of thinking straight, because we don't help everyone in crisis that means we should help no one? Even if we have the resources in place to make for a relatively easy rescue? It doesn't take Mother Superior to tell you that's some messed up shit. Over a hundred thousand lives were on the line and you'd rather us not lift a finger. Come on, Tobias, you're better than that.

ISIS recently murdered who they say were 1,500 Iraqi POWs. Sure as shit we knew that they had them and were going to do that. Why didn't we stop them? Why didn't we prevent the murders?

We know of terrible atrocities going on in Africa but we as a country don't do anything about them. Why? Because "we don't have the resources in place"? We are a country that picks and chooses what good we want to do because of various reasons (religious, political, etc.) and not from the kindness of our hearts. And more often than not that shit has gotten us in a world of trouble (pun intended).

Bad things happen ITP. I'd love for you to be the one that says that yes we'll save those 10,000 people from the slaughter but not those 10,000 people. I can easily say to you when denying the chance to save some 10,000 humans in Village X because of resources that it's some messed up shit. But I won't because it's not as simple as that.

Last time I checked we weren't doing a whole lot to help those thousands of Christians being systematically murdered by Boko Haram in northeast Nigeria. They're overrunning towns and villages, destroying churches, and killing every Christian they can find. As far as I know, little or nothing is being done to stop them.

PBS had a show on the other night about it. Chilling. Men waiting in line to have their throats cut. Every kind of barbarism imaginable.

Edited by fan_since79

Last time I checked we weren't doing a whole lot to help those thousands of Christians being systematically murdered by Boko Haram in northeast Nigeria. They're overrunning towns and villages, destroying churches, and killing every Christian they can find. As far as I know, little or nothing is being done to stop them.

PBS had a show on the other night about it. Chilling. Men waiting in line to have their throats cut. Every kind of barbarism imaginable.

We must not have had the resources in place. Too bad for those people. Damn resources.

Sorry tb but this reasoning is awful.  I don't care if we only saved on person out of a million possible persons saved.  At least one would have been saved.

I think who and how we pick and choose is a great debate but it is another subject.  What is happening in Africa is horrible and it is pathetic that neither the U.S. nor the rest of the world seems to give a crap.

here's the real question.. at what point is the job done?

or are all were doing is creating the next splinter group to come at us so we can keep going back over and over and over...

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say to calscuf. Yes we made things ugly in the Middle East, but when can we say, "ok finally this isn't our problem." We as a nation will never say that. We did everything we could in my opinion to prop up Iraq before we left. Anything else that happens afterwards is on them.

Obama has to do something, otherwise when the next terrorist strike hits a U.S. Embassy or even the homeland, at least he can say he's doing something.  Doing nothing is not an option.

Therefore we'll do the minimum against ISIS.  Unfortunately Air and Drone strikes aren't going to be enough.  It's just kicking the can down the road to the next administration.  Occasionally we'll take out an "ISIS leader" and do a little victory lap.

Our "coalition partners" don't trust Obama to follow through on what he says, so don't expect a huge commitment from them.

Our "coalition partners" don't trust Obama to follow through on what he says, so don't expect a huge commitment from them.

It's a little more complicated than that. Several countries sent troops into Iraq for what they were assured would be a quick victory, in and out and that's it. Some did so against the will of their own people (notably the UK, where about 85 percent of the public was against getting involved in the war). There isn't a lot of appetite around the world for sending troops into situations in which there is no direct threat to the countries participating.

Obama has to do something, otherwise when the next terrorist strike hits a U.S. Embassy or even the homeland, at least he can say he's doing something.  Doing nothing is not an option.

Therefore we'll do the minimum against ISIS.  Unfortunately Air and Drone strikes aren't going to be enough.  It's just kicking the can down the road to the next administration.  Occasionally we'll take out an "ISIS leader" and do a little victory lap.

Jay, if you were the president, how would you handle the IS situation?

If the U.S. wants to kick ISIS in the teeth then Obama should start sanctioning Turkey. That POS country has no business being a part of NATO. Our monthly allotment of drone bombs would have a better effect if they were dropped on Ankara instead of Damascus.

http://nytimes.com/2014/09/14/world/middleeast/struggling-to-starve-isis-of-oil-revenue-us-seeks-assistance-from-turkey.html?_r=0&referrer=