• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what is everyone's thoughts on Obama's plan for ISIS?

Australian militants ‘planned to behead random person’

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/australian-militants-planned-to-behead-random-person-1.1933323

Over 800 police involved in pre-dawn raids, described as largest in Australian history

More than 800 police were involved in the pre-dawn security operation in Sydney and Brisbane, which was described as the largest in Australian history and resulted in the detention of 15 people, police said.

Mr Abbott told a news conference members of the radical group had planned to conduct a public beheading. “That’s the intelligence we received,” he said.

Media reported that the plans included snatching a person at random in Sydney, Australia’s largest city, and executing them on camera draped in the group’s black flag.

-----

What's ISIL's beef with Australia?  Is Australia occupying holy territory or something?  Or is it just that Australia is a western country who doesn't recognize the Caliphate?

stuff like this makes me think that ISIS is just looking for a fight anywhere they can find one with no regards to who or why. australia? really? there's no ideaological beef with them, nor have they taken any military action against ISIS (that i'm aware of). just itching for a fight.

So what happens if these airstrikes fail to eradicate ISIS?  Does Obama...

1. Continue the bombing of Syria and Iraq indefinitely?

2. Renege on his promise to the contrary and send in ground troops?

3. Pack up and leave and allow ISIS to rebuild?

4. Campaign for Patriot Act v2.0, or a Constitutional Amendment, and hire 100,000 more NSA analysts to monitor our every phone call and every e-mail?

I personally think 1, 2, and 4 are very likely -- and No. 4 scares me the most.  They're already prepping us for this by claiming ISIS could infiltrate US borders and attack on domestic soil. 

Americans like to see "action" taken. Bombs, missiles, the whole show. Makes for good TV. Whether such action is effective or in our best interests as a nation is irrelevant to most people.

This administration needs to look busy, at least until after the midterm elections. It's good for Democrats that the voters see a president "doing things" about this ISIS menace.

Edited by fan_since79

Wait a minute!  Our President said our military bombed an Al Qaeda camp?  I thought that during the debate with Romney in 2012 he said Al Qaeda was decimated and on its way to defeat.  I guess it's a long way to that defeat.  But it sure sounded enticing in those presidential debates.

The next thing you know, Romney will be correct about telling Obama that Russia and Putin were the United States' geopolitical foe (for which Obama mocked Romney at the time).

Russia Condemns U.S. Airstrikes on ISIS and al-Qaeda; Assad Approves

Funniest part of the article is at the very end.

If you count the Israeli action along with the United States and its reported partners in Tuesday's airstrikes (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain), six different countries attacked Syria on Tuesday.

So what happens if these airstrikes fail to eradicate ISIS?  Does Obama...

1. Continue the bombing of Syria and Iraq indefinitely?

2. Renege on his promise to the contrary and send in ground troops?

3. Pack up and leave and allow ISIS to rebuild?

4. Campaign for Patriot Act v2.0, or a Constitutional Amendment, and hire 100,000 more NSA analysts to monitor our every phone call and every e-mail?

I personally think 1, 2, and 4 are very likely -- and No. 4 scares me the most.  They're already prepping us for this by claiming ISIS could infiltrate US borders and attack on domestic soil.

It's not a matter of if it fails, but when. The American public thinks the military can just go in, blow up some shit, and everything will be fixed. It's never worked that way, and it never will.

I still think another ground invasion of Iraq is inevitable. God help us. And the Iraqi people

There's one thing our leaders are really great at doing....creating more enemies of the US around the globe.

It almost makes you think they're doing it on purpose....

Here's a better top 5 than MP's

1. Lockheed Martin Co.

2. The Boeing Company

3. Raytheon Company

4. Northrop Grumman Corp.

5. General Dynamics Corp.

The 7th Muslim country he's bombed so far.

Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Funny thing is, we Americans had a hand at overthrowing the governments of Afghanistan, Libya, and Iraq, and they are FUBAR.  Guess we are going to go for the grand slam in Syria, and pray to allah that it will turn out better.  And let's not forget helping overthrow the government in Egypt.