• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what is everyone's thoughts on Obama's plan for ISIS?

I just think that humans often (if not usually) have the ability to think about and understand complex topics. In your story of the farmer, what would he think if ISIS had stormed a nearby town three weeks earlier and killed several people then raped his cousin? Is everyone now evil? Does his head explode because he can't figure out who to support?

that's a fair point.

im not talking about understanding the conflict. I mean dealing with it, because its right outside your front door. Its easy for us to sit here in comfy America and judge foreigners and countries thousands of miles away and decide the fate of thousands of lives just because a lot of americans think Muslims are evil.

for the people in the middle of it, who are just trying to live some semblance of a normal life. I'm sure its much more difficult.

It is hard to come down to hard on the anti-muslim crowd. Certainly there are a lot of peaceful muslims just trying to make a life for themselves and their families like the rest of us. 

The unfortunate thing is the Islamic extremists aren't a fringe group. It is a significant number of the overall muslim population. That is where the differ from other extremists.

I just think it would be a sad day if it became socially acceptable to vent hate towards muslims. The vast majority of them are good people. Now I definitely agree that it's not just a few bad apples but much of that has to do with the instability in the Middle East. Anarchy would be alive and well here if we didn't have law enforcement in order. We civilians have it pretty good over here.

His Facebook page has nothing to do with this true intentions. Nothing to see here, move along.

http://thepunditpress.com/2014/09/26/alton-alexander-nolen-facebook-found-92614/

...he states, that he is now a “True Follower Of The Messenger of Allah.”

In another post, Nolen wrote that he was sent to not bring peace, “but a sword… JIHAD JIHAD JIHAD.”

My best friends girlfriend's father is a Chechen living in Syria who is a Shia Muslim and he is loyal to Assad. They know the deal there. They know that Assad is the man protecting Syrian people and that America is unfortunately aiding the enemy. 

Edited by bakunin

My best friends girlfriend's father is a Chechen living in Syria who is a Shia Muslim and he is loyal to Assad. They know the deal there. They know that Assad is the man protecting Syrian people and that America is unfortunately aiding the enemy.

wait, I thought we are aiding Assad

In America, our red state, redneck intolerant base has made American Muslims flag-waving "hey buddy, hey buddy, I love america" patriots. That's not a bad thing.

I have no idea what this means. Have you been drinking, sir?

For some reason, I don't really mind when you vent about this. You've already admitted to being prejudiced several times and then there's the fact that you're good for comedy relief (in a good way). Something tells me that I should feel a little annoyed when you go on these rants but I simply don't.

You know where it isnt socially acceptable to hate on Muslims? Europe, specifically England. And you know what they have there? Openly radical western hating jihadist clerics. In America, our red state, redneck intolerant base has made American Muslims flag-waving "hey buddy, hey buddy, I love america" patriots. That's not a bad thing.

And speaking of Euro Muslims, I'm tired of everyone using the shit conditions in the Mid East as the excuse for radical Islam. Most of the Euro ones grew up in low to upper middle class in decent, stable societies. And plenty of the nuts are coming from Europe.

Not just openly jihadist clerics, but mass rapes of little engilsh girls, 1400 of them in Rotherham. If you want diversity, well England, you've gotten it. 

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/26/rotherham-sexual-abuse-children

Edited by bakunin

It is hard to come down to hard on the anti-muslim crowd. Certainly there are a lot of peaceful muslims just trying to make a life for themselves and their families like the rest of us. 

The unfortunate thing is the Islamic extremists aren't a fringe group. It is a significant number of the overall muslim population. That is where the differ from other extremists. 

You know.. this is a valid point.. we talk of these groups like they are Westboro Baptist or something.. there are enough of them to take over countries, that is significant.

Still doesn't make other Muslims accountable for them or their actions mind you, but it is significant. 

imagine you lived in syria.  A humble muslim farmer just trying to hold your land and family together. 

All of a sudden you see a tomahawk missile fly over and land nearby, causing massive destruction and death.  You know your people don't have such technology, and it's undoubtedly come from american or its allies.  You see civilians lying dead, women and children.  You never witnessed ISIS/ISIL/Al Qaeda cause devastation like that.

Who would you believe are the extremists?

i think thats a weak excuse to be honest... unless you truly believe that any people or nation would do such a thing unprovoked, you have to ask why that tomohawk is there to begin with.

At this point its retribution for shit that happened decades ago that most arent even alive to have know... i think the scorecard right now is up to about 79 at nest...  but the mentality of taking each action without considering what led to it is just weak minded self validation.

i think thats a weak excuse to be honest... unless you truly believe that any people or nation would do such a thing unprovoked, you have to ask why that tomohawk is there to begin with.

At this point its retribution for shit that happened decades ago that most arent even alive to have know... i think the scorecard right now is up to about 79 at nest...  but the mentality of taking each action without considering what led to it is just weak minded self validation.

easy for you to say you don't live in a ****ing war zone.  it's awfully easy to judge from your lazy boy in nice comfy so cal, isn't it?