• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what is everyone's thoughts on Obama's plan for ISIS?

There are so many problems with arming middle-easterners, the least of which is not the fact that you cannot assess the loyalties of the individuals tasked with manning the weapons. How do we know that Abdul Bin Iraqi isn't some crazy Caliphatist? Besides that, as soon as shit looks grim, what is to stop these guys from just joining the the extremist groups in the interest of self-preservation? 

without a doubt, our strategy in the region has been insane. not sure what the alternatives are at this point, but i wish it were possible for us to pull all of our resources out and start over with a different plan. the only problem with that is hanging several people out to dry and deal with the fallout.

is it common knowledge that when we sell weapons, planes, tanks, etc to foreign countries that we give them a scaled down model of what we use? they are purposely not getting 100% of our technology.

I don't know about guns and stuff but the high end things they buy are the same as ours, hardware wise. They don't always get the most updated operational software and there are some systems they can't have but for the most part they get the good stuff.

You would think though that there would be some mechanism to prevent complex systems like tanks from falling into enemy hands, like software that expires or something.  If the software isn't updated weekly for example then the big gun on the tank won't operate.  I'm sure they thought of that already but seems strange that ISIS can be running around wreaking havoc with our tanks.

ISIS probably has found a way to fake it, or bypass it. A lot of people forget that these guys have international support and knowledge of advanced technology. I'm sure they have their own techies working on things like this.

They're not fighting with bows and arrows and shit

Apparently that's the case although I haven't heard of ISIS actually using tanks against any targets.

It says tank report unconfirmed but nothing would surprise me.  In my hypothetical scenario above it would be possible to use a tank for a period of time after capture but who knows if we're doing anything like that.

It says tank report unconfirmed but nothing would surprise me.  In my hypothetical scenario above it would be possible to use a tank for a period of time after capture but who knows if we're doing anything like that.

time to send in the A-10 warthogs.

As General Sherman said, "War is hell, not a square dance".

I can't think of a single scenario in which some civilians don't get killed. At some point you have to do your best to minimize it while still getting some positive results but knowing you are likely to kill some innocents.

As General Sherman said, "War is hell, not a square dance".

Times are different and so is American humanity. Back then Northerners didn't give a shit how many southerners were killed during Sherman's campaign through Georgia. The more the merrier. Also, we were in an actual war. Not whatever the hell Obama wants to call this.

Times are different and so is American humanity. Back then Northerners didn't give a shit how many southerners were killed during Sherman's campaign through Georgia. The more the merrier. Also, we were in an actual war. Not whatever the hell Obama wants to call this

Can you name a scenario where only the bad guys die? That's the point I'm making.

the root problem here is that we have declared war on an ideal, not a nation or specific identifiable group of people.  This isnt war, in uniform.. that idea seems to have died decades ago.. today its all about anonymous tactics and ideals which dont have flags, or borders.

Unless they are walking around with name tags on, which based on the masks and such they are more interested in hiding and being cowards than standing front and center for their ideals, we really dont have a friggin clue who we are supposed to be killing.
as a result its way to easy to say we hit civilians even if we actually hit 100% of the target because they are civilians.

Unless we catch them in their cowards veils, we dont know.  At least Bin Ladin had the courage to say it to our faces, these guys hide like cockroaches afraid we will find them.. its a nation of cowardice as much as it is terror.