• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what is everyone's thoughts on Obama's plan for ISIS?

IMO, I think it's going to fail miserably.  I look at like this.

You have a huge bee hive that is getting bigger and bigger.  So the solution is to throw rocks at the beehive till the bees disappear.  Sure you may kill a few bees by throwing rocks.  But eventually the bees will get more and more agitated, and will eventually attack the rock thrower.  All the while the beehive will have a few holes in it, but still be growing.

Also, his arm the moderate rebels in Syria is just laughable.  So what now prevents Russia from saying, we are going to better arm Bashir so that he can better fight ISIS?  

Heck, I already think that Russia will roll into Syria soon, regardless.

Like I said in the Iraq thread, this is the perfect opportunity to let the countries that are threatened by IS in the Middle East to fight this battle themselves and if they ask us for assistance I wouldn't be opposed to hearing them out (that even includes Iran).

And MT, I would absolutely agree with Demascus not matter if we are no longer friends with the Assad regime or not. If we go and bomb in Eastern Syria it's completely an act of war IME.

I think his teleprompter was too far away from the camera lens. It was as if he was talking to us while looking at spider on the ceiling. 

I don't know if I like it or not. There is no right decision or plan here. I would probably just encourage all Americans in the region to leave and say "we're out." But of course, that makes the world and US a more dangerous place in the future and the majority would not be down for that. 

nice idea, but huge flaws.  for me its wishful thinking at best and just another way obama has become bush part 3.   as for the key points of the speech.. .

#1, who do we bomb?  the essence of these terrorists since we killed Bin Laden has been cowardice and hiding behind masks... do we even know who to attack?

#2, "wont be constrained by borders".. so we are going to invade Syria?  By what right?

#3, more troops.. yeah, have we learned nothing?  why do we keep putting our soldiers at risk in a region that does not want us there.

#4 "wont get pulled into another ground war", uh, call me crazy, but sending in troops is exactly that.  475 guys cant fight this entire movement, more will be needed.

#5 equipping Syrians... again, have we learned nothing?  so we seriously not think this will get turned on us?  can we stop giving out weapons like candy at Halloween please.

#6 "i have the authority"... really, so much for checks and balances.

#7 counter-terrorism tactics... how, more patriot acts, more watching Americans?  it isnt like we have access to tapping phones in Syria.  Killing these people makes them martyrs, id like to know what this means exactly

#8 stem the flow of foreign fighters.. how exactly?  he wants to open the borders to illegals, but close them to terrorists?  do they were badges?  queue ACLU in 3, 2, 1...

#9 humanitarian effort.. i applaud this but again where is this coming from?  how do we afford this?  how do we have the money to do this and continue to ignore our own?

I dont think that true Kurt, it depends on how he does what he does.
At the ned of the day for me this is something that never should have happened.

We created this by irresponsibly pulling out of Iraq without given any thought to what would happen next and pretending it would all just work itself out.
Once again we created our own enemy, as we have done so many times.
This one is the direct result of Obama's actions, and now he has to deal with it.

I for one wont give him credit for this under those circumstances

Great opinion.

That actually isn't an opinion but a fact.  Now you can turn off FOX and put on the NFL Network but then all you will see is Ray Ray.  Nowhere to turn.  I say we send Ray Ray over there to punch them all out. 

Flop, calscuf was correct, that is the opinion of all old white guys everywhere, was my point. 

That actually isn't an opinion but a fact.  Now you can turn off FOX and put on the NFL Network but then all you will see is Ray Ray.  Nowhere to turn.  I say we send Ray Ray over there to punch them all out. 

Flop, calscuf was correct, that is the opinion of all old white guys everywhere, was my point. 

so the 2 of you honestly feel that only that demographic can feel that way?  that there is no such thing as a Black Republican.. really?

I hate to break this to you but it isnt racial, its a wealth issue.  If you are in the top 10%, you are likely a Rep

There is infighting within ISIS itself where they are killing their own leadership in order to consolidate it under one dictatorship. The "Freedom fighters" are comprised of many factions that disagree with each other as to tactics. Those less radicalized are being assassinated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29135922

So there is the question of how long this group can maintain it's solvency as a standing army when it's leadership changes and their tribe mentality forces conflicts.

Edited by Eric Notti

There is infighting within ISIS itself where they are killing their own leadership in order to consolidate it under one dictatorship. The "Freedom fighters" are comprised of many factions that disagree with each other as to tactics. Those less radicalized are being assassinated.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29135922

So there is the question of how long this group can maintain it's solvency as a standing army when it's leadership changes and their tribe mentality forces conflicts.

Sounds like the mafia.

It will be tough with airstrikes alone to regain control of the cities.  I think we know that ISIL will fall back into the cities for cover.  So far I haven't heard of any "coalition" members offering ground troops.

Turkey has reportedly refused Obama's request to allow its bases to be used for airstrikes in Iraq and Syria.

meh, this was a good subject that I thought would have different perspectives from folks with the same and different political leanings.  I know many libs that aren't in favor of this and some cons who are.  So sorry to burst your close minded bubble