• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cory Rasmus starting tomorrow

No no nooo. Full month left. They'd definitely put themselves in great position and leaves them some room for a minor bump in the road, but no way would that knock the A's out for good. Remember, final 13 games heavily favor Oakland. 10 of their final 13 games are against the Rangers and Phillies, while the Halos will be busy facing the A's and Mariners 10 times in their final 13 games. They need to build a good lead, and dominate in early September vs the poor teams they'll be playing. Still a lot of baseball left

I'd say the odds would largely be in our favor if we head into September 5 games up. Again, Oakland hasn't been sweeping series since before the AS Break (which is what made them so good before) whereas we have. I don't think you realize how big of a lead 5 games is, they would have to sweep us and win all of their series 2-1/3-1 at the very least to come back from a deficit like that, and that's with us hypothetically playing .500'ish baseball from here on out.

We've been the much better team since May (actually, since the last week of April) and that isn't going to magically change unless we go on a serious choke job in the final few weeks.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

No no nooo. Full month left. They'd definitely put themselves in great position and leaves them some room for a minor bump in the road, but no way would that knock the A's out for good. Remember, final 13 games heavily favor Oakland. 10 of their final 13 games are against the Rangers and Phillies, while the Halos will be busy facing the A's and Mariners 10 times in their final 13 games. They need to build a good lead, and dominate in early September vs the poor teams they'll be playing. Still a lot of baseball left

Yep.

I'd say the odds would largely be in our favor if we head into September 5 games up. Again, Oakland hasn't been sweeping series since before the AS Break (which is what made them so good before) whereas we have. I don't think you realize how big of a lead 5 games is, they would have to sweep us and win all of their series 2-1/3-1 at the very least to come back from a deficit like that, and that's with us hypothetically playing .500'ish baseball from here on out.

We've been the much better team since May (actually, since the last week of April) and that isn't going to magically change unless we go on a serious choke job in the final few weeks.

The Angels would be in a great position, certainly... But there's still plenty of baseball left - for things to go good or bad.

Even if the Angels do sweep I still wouldn't feel comfortable with that lead.

Much better coaching and team chemistry now compared to then. This team has something, I can't quite put my finger on it..but it definitely is something.

The Angels would be in a great position, certainly... But there's still plenty of baseball left - for things to go good or bad.

Even if the Angels do sweep I still wouldn't feel comfortable with that lead.

For sure, we could falter under pressure in the final two weeks up that much, but at the same time Oakland could just continue to play horribly from here on out losing series after series/failing to sweep teams like they have been since July 31.

I'm just saying, we're in the drivers seat right now.

Didn't we just see the Rangers blow a 5-6 game lead with like 10 games left a few years ago to the A's? They'd be in great position, but no, this wouldn't be a knockout punch and I won't breathe easy until it's official. 28 games left. Lots can change in that span. Halos lost 3 games in the standings to Oakland in one week, then made up those 3 games again the very next week. That's how quick it can change

Much better coaching and team chemistry now compared to then. This team has something, I can't quite put my finger on it..but it definitely is something.

For sure, we could falter under pressure in the final two weeks up that much, but at the same time Oakland could just continue to play horribly from here on out losing series after series/failing to sweep teams like they have been since July 31.

I'm just saying, we're in the drivers seat right now.

This I will agree with. They are where they want to be, first place. Now they just need to take care of their own business

Didn't we just see the Rangers blow a 5-6 game lead with like 10 games left a few years ago to the A's? They'd be in great position, but no, this wouldn't be a knockout punch and I won't breathe easy until it's official. 28 games left. Lots can change in that span. Halos lost 3 games in the standings to Oakland in one week, then made up those 3 games again the very next week. That's how quick it can change

Very true, but that Oakland team had been amazing since June (and the best team in the league) playing red hot -- while the Rangers were already slumping at that point and didn't have the team chemistry/it factor that we have right now. This Oakland team has been the 3rd best team in the league since the final week of April (Angels and O's are ahead of them W-L wise), and have been slumping hard since the AS break, and even more hard since July 31.

Anything can happen though, we need to actually win these next two games to even consider having some breathing room heading into September.

Speaking of 1995, we end with the Mariners who will be hungry for 3 games in Seattle. The A's play the 4-A Rangers to conclude the season. 

This three game series finale concerns me, so I hope we have a 4 game lead going into it. 

Oakland also has 10 of their final 13 games against Texas and Philadelphia.

I can just see Ryne Sandberg playing a bunch of scrubs for the heck of it.

How about we feint with Rasmus, let him pitch to one batter. THEN bring in Santiago to muck up all their platoons. After 4 innings, bring in in our parade of righties to assure the best matchups for the 2nd half of the game.

Hey cut me some slack, I just took an Ambien. Whee!

How about we feint with Rasmus, let him pitch to one batter. THEN bring in Santiago to muck up all their platoons. After 4 innings, bring in in our parade of righties to assure the best matchups for the 2nd half of the game.

Hey cut me some slack, I just took an Ambien. Whee!

Xanax works better with fewer possible side effects.

Disclaimer: not a doctor, just speaking from personal experience.