• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cory Rasmus starting tomorrow

You guys are giving the Mariners too much credit.  They are currently a game back of Detroit for the 2nd wild card.  They could be knocked out by the time we play them at the end of September.  The only person that scares me on that team is King Felix, other then that they are beatable.  Not to mention, they're 27th in the majors in on base percentage.  If the rotation continues to perform like they have we should have no problems with Seattle.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

I wouldn't worry too much about Santiago. Scioscia said he's only available in an emergency tomorrow. I certainly don't think they're planning on having him pitch. The emergency could be the 10th inning since they will likely have had to use everyone else to get that far.

If it were me, I might plan on Santiago going 1, especially the way their lineup is. If they are in the middle of all their lefties at some point in the 4th-5th after Rasmus, throw him out there.

Santiago to me has shown a very Jerome Williams-like ability to bounce around and not be adversely affected.

Off day Monday allows them to slide him back if he has to pitch.

But I think Scioscia's plan A is Rasmus for 3 (or 4 if he's super lucky) and then Salas for 2, then a regular game.

Street is probably unavailable tomorrow by the way.

I really liked how Sosh managed last night. Make sure you win it with Smith and Street.

Hope for a weird one today with an offensive blowout or that the As continue hitting like ass.

If they can beat the As tonight with Rasmus, Herrera, morin and Grilli, that would be pretty devastating to those guys

You guys are giving the Mariners too much credit. They are currently a game back of Detroit for the 2nd wild card. They could be knocked out by the time we play them at the end of September. The only person that scares me on that team is King Felix, other then that they are beatable. Not to mention, they're 27th in the majors in on base percentage. If the rotation continues to perform like they have we should have no problems with Seattle.

Fair enough points. But iwakuma scares me too. On paper we should beat them of course. But the baltimore series kind of caught my attention about decent pitching teams we should be beating

Maybe we should pitch McDonald for defensive purposes. Seriously guys this has the potential to really put the screws to Oakland. And we do have the personel to make it happen. If it doesn't happen at least it is just one game. I have a feeling that we are going to have a big offensive night. Based solely on us being due to get some jersey mikes. As desperate as this same situation would have looked three months ago we are now dealing from a position of strength. Tomorrow's game is more important than today's. Simply because it will be a "normal" turn for everyone. Can't focus so hard on a "hiccup" game that it costs us two games. And you all seem to be forgetting **** THE REDSOX!

I think it's worth a chance. I wish Street and Smith were available but oh well. Wonder if this is the only time they'll try this. Seems like it's asking a lot from the pen which is already overworked. Should be interesting to see what they do with the next start (although it's against Minnesota so I'm not thaaat worried)