• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cory Rasmus starting tomorrow

why make santiago available? He is a fixture in this rotation and set to pitch when his turn in the rotation comes up.

It's his normal day to throw between starts, so they'll just skip his pregame bullpen session and have him available for an inning or two.

I hope they don't use Santiago...I don't think they will. Isn't he scheduled to pitch on Monday? Dude's been rolling as well

Best case scenario is you gotta hope Rasmus can give them 3 innings, then Salas can go 2. After that, you can go with Morin/Grilli/Jepsen/Smith...I assume Street will be unavailable. He's pitched in 3 straight games

Edit: I just remembered that they have Yoslan Herrera on the 25-man roster. He probably pitches an inning tomorrow. That'll be scary

Edited by bloodbrother

I hope they don't use Santiago...I don't think they will. Isn't he scheduled to pitch on Monday? Dude's been rolling as well

Best case scenario is you gotta hope Rasmus can give them 3 innings, then Salas can go 2. After that, you can go with Morin/Grilli/Jepsen/Smith...I assume Street will be unavailable. He's pitched in 3 straight games

Off day Monday, so Tuesday but yeah don't mess with Hector

I think they'll use both Rasmus and Hec if they have to. And for good reason. You have Oakland against the ropes and a dead spot in our rotation. Use Rasmus and if he gets in trouble early then Hec will have to take over. Then you have Shoe on the mound sunday. With an off day Monday and a series against the astros I think people are blowing this a bit out of proportion.

I think they'll use both Rasmus and Hec if they have to. And for good reason. You have Oakland against the ropes and a dead spot in our rotation. Use Rasmus and if he gets in trouble early then Hec will have to take over. Then you have Shoe on the mound sunday. With an off day Monday and a series against the astros I think people are blowing this a bit out of proportion.

Agreed. With the off-day, they can skip Santiago's spot and CJ can start Tuesday on what would be normal rest. Santiago would pitch in his next turn after that

I don't think this is a terrible idea. Rasmus has good stuff, and Salas has done very well this year. Rather roll with them for a combined 5 innings instead of calling up Roth or whoever else from the minors who throw junk and top out at 88 mph

After the game, probably would have to send Rasmus down for a fresh pen arm, since he probably wouldn't be available for a few days after that

Edited by bloodbrother

This is how I see it. If we could win tomorrow and go into Sundays game up 4 with Shoemaker on the mound, we have a chance at knocking the A's out for good (maybe). 5 games out going into September, taking into consideration how both teams have matched up since May (Angels are like 7 games better than them since then) and since the AS break (4 games better) -- Oakland would have a hard time coming back from a deficit like that.

We need to give it our all this series. That's why Scioscia sent out Street tonight, it was a guaranteed win with him coming in the 9th.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

This is how I see it. If we could win tomorrow and go into Sundays game up 4 with Shoemaker on the mound, we have a chance at knocking the A's out for good (maybe). 5 games out going into September, taking into consideration how both teams have matched up since May (Angels are like 7 games better than them since then) and since the AS break (4 games better) -- Oakland would have a hard time coming back from a deficit like that.

We need to give it our all this series. That's why Scioscia sent out Street tonight, it was a guaranteed win with him coming in the 9th.

Yep. We got the A's on the ropes right now, go for the knockout!

No no nooo. Full month left. They'd definitely put themselves in great position and leaves them some room for a minor bump in the road, but no way would that knock the A's out for good. Remember, final 13 games heavily favor Oakland. 10 of their final 13 games are against the Rangers and Phillies, while the Halos will be busy facing the A's and Mariners 10 times in their final 13 games. They need to build a good lead, and dominate in early September vs the poor teams they'll be playing. Still a lot of baseball left