• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

i was going to ask if you were referring to being in the top 25 or the graduation rate. Then I remembered for Cal its probably both

It does seem like we're making good progress on both fronts, honestly. It's unbelievable how poor the state of the program had become by the time Tedford was fired.

If I recall correctly, I'm hoping that you were right in your initial assessment of the Dykes hire. Last year was such a disaster, but I think it was reflective of what a complete regime change may bring in a fully dysfunctional system (business, football program, etc). 

i liked the Dykes hire. With the offensive talent in the bay area, i figured he

would clean up and your offense would be great.

Not sure how his defenses ever were, however, and in the Pac 12 you have to 

be able to occasionally stop the other team from converting 3rd downs.

Yep. The Oregon game was encouraging to me on the third down point, in that we actually made Oregon punt a few times.

What drives me mad is how vulnerable the team is on third and long.

There were some crap calls and more importantly some special teams gaffes that made that Oregon game less competitive than it could have been.

Something in Michigan is affecting head coaches there.

Brady Hoke built a top 20 program at SDSU.

Rich Rodriguez has built a top 20 program at Arizona, and previously had WVU in the top 10.

Hoke had nfl caliber players at mostly all skill positions at sdsu when they won 10 games or so maybe 9? Rocky Long was a pretty good DC for Hoke at sdsu as well.

He had nate davis at ball state who was a good college qb.

I think at michigan he's had a terrible dc. I also think he's had a new OC every season? Maybe only 2 different ones his tenure there.