• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

what jameis Winston was stupid and obnoxious, no doubt. And he got what he deserved. But compared to some of the other thugs and knuckleheads in college football, he is small fish.

the reigning heisman trophy winner from the reigning national championship team (and current #1 ranked team) is a small fish?

ok

Try reading that again, using comprehension.

Names?

Maurice clarett

Daryl worley

josh shaw

pacman jones

johnthan dwyer

Ben roethlisberger

Aaron hernandez

I can keep going

you said college football.

I said my point. You just dont understand it. Its a you problem

giphy.gif

I never said that.

I think its incredibly disingenuous that all these sports programs and organizations, pro and college, only decide to do the "right" thing after there is huge public backlash and they start losing money. You honestly believe these schools give a rat's ass about player conduct? The only thing that matters to them is money and wins. Depending on these people to be some sort of moral compass or any kind of role models is barking up the wrong tree, big time. Depending on them to influence kids properly or help show them the right way to do things is just foolish and naive.

like Charles.barkley said, these guys shouldn't be role models. They shouldn't even be part of the university imo. Many of the big time programs, the term student athlete is a joke.

what jameis Winston was stupid and obnoxious, no doubt. And he got what he deserved. But compared to some of the other thugs and knuckleheads in college football, he is small fish.

i've never said anything about these kids being a moral compass. they're going to make mistakes, but winston seems to be making more than his share. because he's a pubic figure; because he's the reigning heisman winner; because he gets so much public attention, someone needs to get in his ear and tell him to walk a cleaner path because people are watching. also watching are people in the NFL, winston's likely future employer. you can bet his behavior matters to them.

i agree that none of these guys should be role models, but we live in a society where kids emulate what they see, both good and bad. whether he wants it that way or not, winston needs to be cognizant of the fact that kids are watching him. he doesn't need to be perfect, but he needs to stop doing so many idiotic things, and for a lot of different reasons.

• 2 weeks later...